Stolen (different side) vehicle is unassigned from group - to prevent AI team members from destroying it
Thank You BIS

It was about time :tounge_o:

I am sorry to probably disappoint you - it is not the full rag-doll to the ground. Just the flinch - addition to the current state to always visually confirm the hit.

down the road can be blended ragdoll transitions? i appreciate the dev going down the right track with this. we needed this for a long time.

im amazed at the cool stuff thats been coming.... well done guys you're heading in the right track ;)

Hi,

maybe a dev or someone else could answer me what this entry on the changelog of monday means:

Tweaked: Effects of suppressors on bullets

Will they now have standard damage and speed (how it should be) ? And when will we see seperate subsonic ammunition?

I like the new music tracks, but are they meant to be that silent? I set music full, but often hard to hear the music under much louder crickets.

Are there plans to make the campaign multiplayer just like previous armas?

Are there plans to make the campaign multiplayer just like previous armas?

It has been said multiple times that the answer is no.

It has been said multiple times that the answer is no.

i have read one of devs said, they do plan to make an extra coop campaign sometime later, after all 3 episodes have been done.

i have read one of devs said, they do plan to make an extra coop campaign sometime later, after all 3 episodes have been done.

HAHHAHHAHA again! this game is only coop hahahahahahah

How is performance compared to the stable build? Anyone tested the two versions?

HDAO is now available even for DirectX 10 cards (uses pixel shaders instead of compute shaders)

If i'm using a DX11 card, does that mean I'm now using pixel shaders instead of compute shaders?

I tested DevBr yesterday and the performance seems worse than Stable imo.

can confirm it. More than 20% less fps with lots of ai on open field for example. Without ai the difference is not so big.

could you a t least provide FPS before and after, and what game settings to use? Thats is like saying nothing tbh.

Ok I just compared the stable vs dev version of the game regarding FPS. The strange thing is that on empty editor it looks lige we gained 5 FPS on dev version. So far everything is fine.

Now I created a battle between 50 vs 50 on Altis and the results were rather dissapointing. Stable version I got average 49-50 FPS when the fight is maxed out. On dev version I got almost 42 FPS at the same spot. I really hoped that they would do something improving AI calculations but it seems that we got the opposite.

Something interesting I noticed when creating a mission is that when vehicles or AI get in close proximity of each other FPS tends to drop dramatically. Seems to be tied to their collision detection perhaps. As a test have 3 helicopters or so fly in close proximity to one another with intersecting waypoints. I mean performance dropped tremendously just from 3 helicopters flying in close proximity. There could possibly be something related to collision detection bogging down the game, it may not just be limited to Choppers but rather collision detection itself?

I've noticed that having no ai in the editor and just walking around and im freezing when walking and running is terrible i thought it was just multiplayer that done it, even in single player when ai were around but ive been just testing a terrain out and its doing it just as much with nothing but a terrain working no ai at all.

It really killed the game I had last night looking through the scope it freezes and also looking left and right with num pad it is the same constant freeze then lets you move then freeze again its non stop and its really starting to get annoying that were so far down the line and simple game mechanics are still shot, isn't it time to drop all the crap that is immaterial and just concentrate on getting a working performance patch.

Just before the last stable patch came out the devbuild was good maxed out every gfx option and I and a few gu members were getting 60fps and 120fps then the patch came out and it went down to 30fps for me and 60fps for others, when playing in game it drops to 10-15 in multiplayer and the editor making people quit as its unplayable. I've put 610 hours in game and my opinion is its worse than ever on performance stop adding stuff and fix what's causing the problem or its going to turn people away im not far from it now, last night was the first multi player game I played in 5 weeks because of the performance and it was bad even in training with our gu with no ai just us no scripts running its bad and thats just not my view other members are suffering the same issues.

My rig

I7 3770k @4.2mhz

Asus sabretooth mobo

12 gb ram

ocz ssd

2 x ati hd 6970 4gb vram

= 15fps to 30fps in game

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

i downloaded 800mb to confirm everyones statements and i can truly say that the fps is now worse for me also.

plus i don't have a little machine either... oh well back to stable i guess my SSD hates me now

I uploaded my 48vs48 inf mission to check performance difference between the two game versions

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8527220/gefecht.Altis.rar.html

put the file into MyDocuments/arma3/missions, then go into editor and select "gefecht". To get comparable results stay as inf on the spot.

AI-skill is maxed out. The difference is very huge so you don´t need to average over the fps

Edited by JumpingHubert

Could you please be more precise? People having SSD would rather just hear about your results instead of switching back and forth:)

I think there might be an issue with mortar accuracy again.

I played the Support Showcase Mission and called in some mortar fire (three shots per call). The shots were all over the place, and by that I mean all over the airfield!

Can someone confirm this?

EDIT: I ran some tests. It seems as if mortars become much less precise if they have to fire over long distances. That is a fine thing, but I think the effect might be a little bit exagerated right now.

Edited by Tonci87

et voilà :)

dev: first 2 minutes 31-34 fps

nondev: first 2 minutes 42-45 fps

Thank you!

So it seems that we have same kind of results. From now on every time i read about optimizations from BIS I will expect less FPS. Thank you BIS :(