Have they done something to the mid-range textures in the last couple of days? I was praising the quality of the island and it's textures on release, just loaded in now and everything has gone low resolution and looks likes it's being viewed through bubblewrap!

I don't think that there is any other way to make Altis completely stutter free for everyone, than making an additional "Altis Lite", with only very small towns and limited objects and buildings and removing some eye-candy, like that solar powerplant and so on.

I see the stutters only when moving with very high speed to a new area with lots of buildings. If the engine has time to load and draw everything, it doesn't stutter. And in "normal play" it doesn't stutter at all.

sure some stutter would be reasonable sometimes but i get stuff next to me suddenly popping into the most detailed lod while i'm on foot and stuff like that. and i get this stutter in rural areas almost without any buildings too. it's definately a bug and needs fixing. i mean Nikiforos' FPS numbers show that his rig is not the problem here. please don't downplay it just becasue you don't have the problem. i'm pretty sure the worst of it can be fixed. it simply has to.

sure some stutter would be reasonable sometimes but i get stuff next to me suddenly popping into the most detailed lod while i'm on foot and stuff like that. and i get this stutter in rural areas almost without any buildings too. it's definately a bug and needs fixing. i mean Nikiforos' FPS numbers show that his rig is not the problem here. please don't downplay it just becasue you don't have the problem. i'm pretty sure the worst of it can be fixed. it simply has to.

+1

The stuttering is pretty bad on Altis and has been since it was released. Love the island but the stuttering is killing me.

I noticed stuttering and low FPS when palm trees came into view. It would be nice if someone else would try that too.

The "Arma 3" entry is new to the Field Manual?

It address new and old players, licenses (may have some clues to something?) and the main release: "This is just the beginning however. We see this as the proer start of the Arma 3 plataform". Sounds good.

My and others' research is suggesting at the moment that some or all of the nearest*** commands are, to put it succinctly, fucked on Altis.

Is there a ticket for the issue?

If not i will make one!

i did notice since the last physx tweaks, that if you release the throttle, and just let the car roll on itself with engine on,

that you get breaking sound, but you dount break at this moment.

Have they done something to the mid-range textures in the last couple of days? I was praising the quality of the island and it's textures on release, just loaded in now and everything has gone low resolution and looks likes it's being viewed through bubblewrap!

I think I've noticed that too. Not sure. Might be my imagination.

i did notice since the last physx tweaks, that if you release the throttle, and just let the car roll on itself with engine on,

that you get breaking sound, but you dount break at this moment.

Doubt it's a recent change, that one was for ages. You just need offroad and a concrete road to see the effect. Also as a bonus: try turning your engine off while driving in the offroad (preferable on the runway) and not touching any controls. See what happens :)

yeah ive noticed the bubblewrap too might have to revert to bensons textsures ;)

I really hope PIP flicker gets fixed soon as it works on some vehicles and not others :/

I cannot use the UAV's so I have no idea what they are like because they flicker faster I can blink!!

Anybody else having problems with building positions on Altis?

with code like this game freezes for me!

Works fine on Stratis.

it brings my pc to a crawl on altis as well. startis no probs due to lower objects number i guess.

That's an Arma3 bug. :)

Also, as RiE explained, what I said wasn't quite correct. The game is supposed to switch your voice to the appropriate faction version, but that doesn't work properly at the moment.

Yeah, I noticed the faction-specific switching in Arma 2 when I suddenly was speaking with RiE's voice (Aye - I saw someone) when playing BAF :D

I was just wondering if the bug in Arma 3 with the voices was supposed to be fixed, because I keep seeing "added new voices to the radio protocol" but ended up always using the same one.

Yeah, I noticed the faction-specific switching in Arma 2 when I suddenly was speaking with RiE's voice (Aye - I saw someone) when playing BAF :D

I was just wondering if the bug in Arma 3 with the voices was supposed to be fixed, because I keep seeing "added new voices to the radio protocol" but ended up always using the same one.

"ETA - Soon!â„¢"

Apparently there was a deployment but it was reverted ;o Wonder what kind of issues it had...

it's definately a bug and needs fixing. please don't downplay it just becasue you don't have the problem. i'm pretty sure the worst of it can be fixed. it simply has to.

I'm not downplaying it, just a bit worried.

If it's a bug, then that's fine, even great. Bugs can be found and fixed.

If it's not actually a bug, and the towns are just too big and complex for even a high-end PC to handle at the moment without any stutters, that would be bad.

And the variety of PC-hardware combinations and differend graphics settings people use ...

So I'm not sure about anything.

I don't have bigger problems, or stutters with any other reasons that the towns take a while to load/draw, but I feel sorry for those who do suffer with the stutters or other performance issues.

I guess the first thing to do is check when the stutters occur, is it in some particular areas,

lowering texture quality and postprosessing, disabling ssao and pip, checking how much view distance and object visibility matters and so on.

Just to narrow down what's causing it.

I had a lot of stutter untill I put Object texture down to low, now i get no stutter's and around 50fps on Altis, what does this say to you guy's?, bad object texture's or pant's PC hardware?... :)

Not a bug but - "disable mine" voice instruction to AI has no recorded sample. It's just silence, but they acknowledge the command and go and do the needful..

Also, are we expecting the fixed wing aircraft to be rolled out to dev build prior to launch?

Not a bug but - "disable mine" voice instruction to AI has no recorded sample. It's just silence, but they acknowledge the command and go and do the needful..

Also, are we expecting the fixed wing aircraft to be rolled out to dev build prior to launch?

Maybe they fear for setting it off merely by the vibration of sound waves...

And I don't think so, 4th is set to include Arty and Tanks but they said "and more" - whether that's a significant "and more" or a less significant one (maybe some props for mission makers), is yet to be revealed.

I had a lot of stutter untill I put Object texture down to low, now i get no stutter's and around 50fps on Altis, what does this say to you guy's?, bad object texture's or pant's PC hardware?... :)

What memory usage had you before and after switching to low? As far as I see it on my own pc it's a problem that arma only uses up to 2gb ram, after these 2gb is reached it starts to lag and stutter, at least for me.

I makes no difference if I set everything else to ultra or low, only texture quality and view distance are important so I would say only the ram is the bottleneck, and my system is nothing near high end.

When I fly a jet faster than 400 km/h over the eastern part of Altis I get a lot of stuttering. My frame rate says it's from 40-50 fps when I check it in the video settings. I tried moving the whole game to a RAMdisk and still got the same thing.

If it was my graphics card wouldn't it lower the FPS? GTX 680 5GDDR 2GB. Maybe it's my CPU? i7 6 core @3.2 GHz stock. I haven't tried turning object textures or anything down, and they're set to highest at the moment. View Distance is 7.5 km, Object Distance is 2.5 km.

What memory usage had you before and after switching to low? As far as I see it on my own pc it's a problem that arma only uses up to 2gb ram, after these 2gb is reached it starts to lag and stutter, at least for me.

I makes no difference if I set everything else to ultra or low, only texture quality and view distance are important so I would say only the ram is the bottleneck, and my system is nothing near high end.

Have you tested to set more than 2GB with -maxMem= parameter? That could help. I've set it at 4096 just in case and I've seen that in Altis Arma 3 have used 2,2GB of RAM.

When I fly a jet faster than 400 km/h over the eastern part of Altis I get a lot of stuttering. My frame rate says it's from 40-50 fps when I check it in the video settings. I tried moving the whole game to a RAMdisk and still got the same thing.

If it was my graphics card wouldn't it lower the FPS? GTX 680 5GDDR 2GB. Maybe it's my CPU? i7 6 core @3.2 GHz stock. I haven't tried turning object textures or anything down, and they're set to highest at the moment. View Distance is 7.5 km, Object Distance is 2.5 km.

Mostly for me the stutter happens when I'm turning so the game has to load better LODs or something but if it happens when I'm flying straight I guess it's mainly because the game loads the ground textures from the far or something. And I have an SSD.

Edited by St. Jimmy

The stuttering is much worse in the eastern part of the island. Good point Boomotang.

To me it apears like whole towns pop in as one block when they are within your object view distance, instead of each house loading in individually once they are within range and staggering the loading.

Will have to test lower object view setting to get a better look and see though.

Have you tested to set more than 2GB with -maxMem= parameter? That could help. I've set it at 4096 just in case and I've seen that in Altis Arma 3 have used 2,2GB of RAM.

Mostly for me the stutter happens when I'm turning so the game has to load better LODs or something but if it happens when I'm flying straight I guess it's mainly because the game loads the ground textures from the far or something. And I have an SSD.

I will test it again but as far as I know the maxmium -maxMem= setting is 2047

unless stratis gets added into altis map.... i aint clicking that damn name again!

its been too long lol

LOL......