Yeah, ran ArmA3Mark on the stable build and the dev build and I get about 6-7 FPS more in the current dev build. :)

Is there any reason why most servers still stick to the stable build instead of the development build?

considering that there are many bug fixes in the development build.

Is there any reason why most servers still stick to the stable build instead of the development build?

considering that there are many bug fixes in the development build.

Because every little tweak can be game-braking. Let's say one mission uses one classname for a weapon/vehicle/item, but in the Dev build they tweak that and end up with a different classname, meaning that item dissapear and so on in the mission. That's why it's better to stick to main branch when it comes to that and just wait for the bigger updates.

I believe they made them so slow in prone so it would be a bit more realistic(instead of SUPER FAST when the unit is player controlled). The problem is they should not get prone as the priority when enemy is so close.

Edit. Although some of them are crouching... well... then indeed they need to make the ai a bit faster :P

Nice things in todays update - like working firemode selectors

• ADDED: New reload of Mk. 20 rifle

BUT the Mk20 reload isnt good - original one was more realistic ,because the Mk20 aka F2000 reloads like G3/MP5 style (it does not work same as MX/AR15) Edited by RobertHammer

ADDED: Fire mode switches are now animated for most weapon

Fancy cool.png

Nah.. we're done with our Dutch cultural lessons - in the end, we're all part of the same incredibly convoluted and entangled union of nation states.

Oh, I really enjoyed those educational posts^^

safe mode for a while? + one mode important and not present in the arms .. lol and this is the realism of the simulator? lol come on Bohemia :yay: we want it now safe mode GO GO:bounce3:

They also put the NVGs back on the soldier even if he's not wearing it. Interesting.

safe mode for a while? + one mode important and not present in the arms .. lol and this is the realism of the simulator? lol come on Bohemia :yay: we want it now safe mode GO GO:bounce3:

IMO we don't need a safe mode :) it's only an inconvenience. Weapon down already does the same thing.

• ADDED: OPFOR helmet head-up displays retracted

Someone who disliked the look of the HUDs , now can be happy :D

has anybody tried the nighttime? it seems broken as there's no moonlight, helicopter light beam is just a low-fi sprite with no actual lighting, what's going on? and thanks for NVG's BIS, my faith is back

Someone who disliked the look of the HUDs , now can be happy :D

Like, a million times better. The soldiers now don't look like carbon copies of eachother and when you add combat goggles:

GiI7dpG.png

(Fugly laptop screenshot)

:icon_dj:

Ninja'd :butbut: Though this is purely without googles:

newhelmetOPFORiran_zps00740914.jpg

This is much better, it also makes googles a visually usable item without causing overlaps. I'm surprised they even considered that feedback ticket actually. Kudos for that. :)

That being said, I think the Spec Ops version should remain as it is; with one down. It looks.. for lack of a better word: appropriate.

Edited by colossus

I just noticed that, when you open any mission on Stratis or make a new mission during night time just after launching the game, many light sources are not working, including vehicles. Suspend and preview again and everything is working properly.

Sometimes it seems just random, spawn yourself on the airbase and Agia Marina is dark, some lights on the airbase are off too. Same goes for the lighthouse during the "Night" showcase.

Remember it's only after starting a mission once after launching the game, after this preload (?) everything works fine.

Ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11036

Edited by bonham

"This is my safe" *shows finger* [Erica Bana quote]

Yay!

"This is my safe" *shows finger* [Erica Bana quote]

Yay!

He he, just re-watched Black Hawk Down yesterday.

He he, just re-watched Black Hawk Down yesterday.

In short, IMHO there is no need of safety position in ArmA III... :D

Yay!

Can we technically make a safe mode by creating a firing mode than has its reload time variable set to -1?

I'll try tonight and see what happens.

I think I have found a critical issue. Using dev build 0.71.107302, and in several previous builds, when you press the "F" key, weapon mode (semi-auto, full auto, GL) switches to next mode rather than simply displaying current weapon (and stance) state, as was the case in Arma 2. It is VITAL that the first touch of "F" NOT change weapon mode, but just display status. I would think that players want to check the new (awesome) stance indicator, weapon state, and remaining ammo with first "F" key press, and NOT change it. Was this change from Arma 2 done on purpose, or is this a regression/oversight? I have made a video which demonstrates the issue, but it is easy to repro. Am I missing something here?

Edited by OMAC

Really not a fan of the new animation of the Mk 20. The concept of it I'm fine with, but the quality of the animation itself is leagues below the old one.

And I wish there was an option for having the OPFOR HUD down. So you have Protector helmet, then Protector helmet (HUD)

Or something. I like the futuristic stuff unlike most people, and I don't like seeing bohemia shy away from it just because some people have a raging hateboner for the future setting.

Edited by Doln

I just noticed that, when you open any mission on Stratis or make a new mission during night time just after launching the game, many light sources are not working, including vehicles. Suspend and preview again and everything is working properly.

Sometimes it seems just random, spawn yourself on the airbase and Agia Marina is dark, some lights on the airbase are off too. Same goes for the lighthouse during the "Night" showcase.

Remember it's only after starting a mission once after launching the game, after this preload (?) everything works fine.

Ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11036

exactly, upvoted

I think I have found a critical issue. Using dev build 0.71.107302, and in all previous builds, when you press the "F" key, weapon mode (semi-auto, full auto, GL) switches to next mode rather than simply displaying current weapon (and stance) state, as was the case in Arma 2. It is VITAL that the first touch of "F" NOT change weapon mode, but just display status. I would think that players want to check the new (awesome) stance indicator, weapon state, and remaining ammo with first "F" key press, and NOT change it. Was this change from Arma 2 done on purpose, or is this a regression/oversight? I have made a video which demonstrates the issue, but it is easy to repro. Am I missing something here?

Changed on purpose, it's in one of the change logs.