Just switched to dev branch thinking i would get better performance and boom! I lost 10-11 fps in altis and 3-5 in stratis! Why is that? Dev is suppose to be improving the game!

kind of. rewriting/refactoring code can lead to the opposite at first and then lead to better in multiple iterations. thats why its the dev branch, to try out new things which can take longer to implement than 1 day where the foundation is laid out in the dev release.

zGuba, I have a question: Will BIS be adding the TUSK Slammer to the game, and if they may or may not, what is the problem holding you guys back from adding it? There is a lot of cut content I've seen that would've been great additions to the game, like the NEMO Mortar and the TUSK.

Oh and for any BIS devs who know why, why are there so much unused Attachments? They would have been great additions too imho, like the Muzzle suppressors and some of the scopes.

Anyways please answer, I am desperate to know why. It seems that you guys are cutting stuff for no reason at all.

Just switched to dev branch thinking i would get better performance and boom! I lost 10-11 fps in altis and 3-5 in stratis! Why is that? Dev is suppose to be improving the game!

Devbranch also may have special profiling tools enabled which, ironically, impact performance while being used to profile performance issues. And next to that there is the real possibility that any new feature / fix temporarily affects performance in an unintended manner :)

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

Will BIS be adding the TUSK Slammer to the game, and if they may or may not, what is the problem holding you guys back from adding it?

The TUSK variant is not a vehicle we have ready to release or are holding back. It was mistakenly promoted before we knew we could actually finish it. What you would have seen were mock-ups or prototypes, and there were / are other higher priority vehicles to finish. We don't believe it would be fair to add this vehicle through paid DLC, so IF we add it later, it would likely be free content.

Oh and for any BIS devs who know why, why are there so much unused Attachments? They would have been great additions too imho, like the Muzzle suppressors and some of the scopes.

I wonder the same thing , because most of them are 99% ready and working - probably very low priority / no time to finish

also the A3 TLR-3 flashlight for pistols would be nice (since the same model is finished in Dayz)

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

also any word on this http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5153 issue , all reskins /hiddenSelection/ have this issue (weapons , items , clothes ,uniforms)

Edited by RobertHammer

- Added: New airplane parameters ("draconic forces", thrustCoef, angleOfIndicence)

is this already working on the planes in the dev, or are they added but not funktional on current planes ?

- Added: New airplane parameters ("draconic forces", thrustCoef, angleOfIndicence)

is this already working on the planes in the dev, or are they added but not funktional on current planes ?

Already working, but not tweaked yet, there are some basic values at the moment :icon_twisted:

From today's changelog ...

•Fixed: CTD when a rabbit opens a vehicle’s inventory

Damn those thieving bunnies! Keep an eye on them ... buggers will be starting a war soon!

•Fixed: CTD when a rabbit opens a vehicle’s inventory

Honestly, I would really like to know who found out that this didn't work ;)

Seriously all these daily dev-branch updates and so little about actually optimizing the game. I mean the fix with the rabbit, is this a joke? Who cares about such minor details? At least not me or my team mates.

Sorry BIS but we feel like we are fooled.

Speak for yourself!

Seriously all these daily dev-branch updates and so little about actually optimizing the game. I mean the fix with the rabbit, is this a joke? Who cares about such minor details? At least not me or my team mates.

I suspect as the issue is related to a crash-to-desktop (CTD), these take a high priority is terms of bug fixing, due to the type of issue that it is.

Minor detail of CTD?

Gentlemen, please, no need to be personal on this one. Various people have various priorities, we want to have the game as stable as possible, that should sum up the topic of rabbit CTD :icon_twisted:

the Panther is 'frozen' for me. it can move around, but the tracks don't animate, the MG (?) looks like it's constantly firing, and as the gunner, I couldn't turn the turret

Minor detail of CTD?

use imagination, e.g. abuse it to crash servers and clients ? ...

sometimes what you think it's irrelevant is in fact quite relevant to fix asap ...

Fixed: CTD when a rabbit opens a vehicle’s inventory

Sorry BIS but I have to ask. Why does a rabbit open a vehicle inventory? Will this be fixed too?

Is this a normal behavior for a rabbit? :)

Maybe it wasn't an AI bunny, but a player bunny? Probably trying to hide some easter eggs.

How you can play as a Rabbit anyway? and why you would in MP? :rolleyes:

lol , sure ...

sometimes what you think it's irrelevant is in fact quite relevant to fix asap ...

My thoughts exactly, CTD is hardly a minor issue.

Fixed: CTD when a rabbit opens a vehicle’s inventory

Sorry BIS but I have to ask. Why does a rabbit open a vehicle inventory? Will this be fixed too?

Is this a normal behavior for a rabbit? :)

:lookaround:

Edited by ProfTournesol

so you guys have never played as a rabbit? have you never played that mission where one player is a killer rabbit? you missed out if you didn't. :eek:

also don't be so picky about changelog reports. i'd rather know them all instead of having some filtered out to avoid forum drama.

"Fixed: Bleeding message spam (MP optimization)" i hope you find many more of these so we can get more FPS boosts.