Anyone got any idea how to use "Added: Clan / insignia signs for most uniforms" from the latest branch? I updated to Dev just to see how it worked and have a tinker, but not seeing any options on my profile to add a tag to my character. I really do love this as an idea, BIS, and I'm not even in a clan to require it!

Added: RHA plate surface materials of thicknesses 1, 3, 5, 7, 16 and 23mm, Cast iron plate material

how does this affect/change armored vehicle protection?

Especially looking forward to disabling vehicles with 1mm of armor by throwing chemlights at them. :p

Especially looking forward to disabling vehicles with 1mm of armor by throwing chemlights at them. :p

i know something even weaker! run at it.. :P

I took a look at destruction system of houses and i don't see logic behind it

BTR-K Kamysh HE rounds

house->house with damaged texture->house with broken wall on side where i shoot->destroyed house

well that looks like a step to BF destruction but then...

BTR-K Kamysh AP rounds

house->house with damaged texture->destroyed house

Slamer AP

First hit: house with damaged texture

Second hit: destroyed house

Slamer HE

First hit: no change or only glass broken

Second hit: house with damaged texture

Third hit: destroyed house

RPG

First hit: house with damaged texture

Second hit: destroyed house

Titan

First hit: destroyed house

Anyone got any idea how to use "Added: Clan / insignia signs for most uniforms" from the latest branch? I updated to Dev just to see how it worked and have a tinker, but not seeing any options on my profile to add a tag to my character. I really do love this as an idea, BIS, and I'm not even in a clan to require it!

If you have a squad.xml entered and the sqad has a logo, that logo will appear on vehicles and uniforms. Was like that in Arma 2 as well.

If you have a squad.xml entered and the sqad has a logo, that logo will appear on vehicles and uniforms. Was like that in Arma 2 as well.

Squad.xml has been working for months on stable. It's nothing new to dev. I wonder if this is actually something else.

Squad.xml has been working for months on stable. It's nothing new to dev. I wonder if this is actually something else.

Yes, but AFAIK there were no squad logos on the uniforms.

Added: Linear car control actions

What does it trying to tell me? ": )

No ammo for Kuma guys ;), i've got an error about those new yellow tracers.

Post in changelog edited at 15:26(added known issues I suppose? :p) - my post at 15:18, HAH! I won :cool:

Edit.: Don't worry ;), i didn't take that as an offence ^^.

Edited by Byku

I meant that as no offense, just a confirmation that we know about the issue and work on fixing it :icon_twisted:

Maybe I'm just picky, but I think many people come across these issues and they deserve more attention:

So, I like to lower my gun whenever I'm not in combat. There are two bugs which I frequently encounter: Raising/lowering weapon forces the player to run/walk #17104 and Character animation glitch carrying missile launchers #14775.

Also, the action "Tactical pace 3 seconds" doesn't do what it should do. "Tactical Pace 3 sec" activates tactical pace for barely 2 seconds #9392

Then there is an exploit: [Exploit/Bug]Able to repair a vehicle/heal player character instantaneously #9439

Last but not least: Reloading weapons / placing explosives is audible far away from source #8938

Hmm.

-Rain disabled in thermal vision

Not sure it was necessary to disable it completely, maybe just tone it down a bit. It was impossible to see through it before, though, so it's a step in the right direction.

ZERO % MP optimization for me or the servers I play on, tested and noted for fps before and after and not a single difference.

Another update of proper initSpeed for different weapons in their magazines

Why such a big difference between Katiba and MX? In todays update Katiba is 900m/s and MX is 800m/s.

Are we ever going to see barrel lenght taken into account? Does that introduce problems with AI, optics or anything like that? A while ago I overhauled all the muzzle velocities in Swedish Forces Pack, and I did take barrel lenght into account. I saw no problem with that at the time, and still have not seen any. Please enlighten me if there is a problem with this :)

Edit: 4-Five vs ACP-C2, they fire same ammunition, right? They have wildly different muzzle velocities ingame. Wierd...

I would guess the 4-Five is way to high, and the ACP-C2 is about right, maybe slightly high.

Edited by Brisse

Why such a big difference between Katiba and MX? In todays update Katiba is 900m/s and MX is 800m/s.

Are we ever going to see barrel lenght taken into account? Does that introduce problems with AI, optics or anything like that? A while ago I overhauled all the muzzle velocities in Swedish Forces Pack, and I did take barrel lenght into account. I saw no problem with that at the time, and still have not seen any. Please enlighten me if there is a problem with this :)

Katiba is a bullpup rifle

Katiba is a bullpup rifle

I don't see why that would matter. Barrel lenght on Katiba and MX should be about the same, and the Katiba certainly does not have longer barrel than MXM.

As an example, if you compare F2000 (bullpup) to M16 (not bullpup) the former has 16 inch barrel and the latter usually have 20 inch barrel. Bullpup does not automatically mean it has a longer barrel. Designers rather try to make a short weapon instead of putting in a longer barrel, thats why they came up with bullpup, to make overall lenght shorter.

Edited by Brisse

I don't see why that would matter. Barrel lenght on Katiba and MX should be about the same, and the Katiba certainly does not have longer barrel than MXM.

As an example, if you compare F2000 (bullpup) to M16 (not bullpup) the former has 16 inch barrel and the latter usually have 20 inch barrel. Bullpup does not automatically mean it has a longer barrel. Designers rather try to make a short weapon instead of putting in a longer barrel, thats why they came up with bullpup, to make overall lenght shorter.

Overall barrel length of a rifle in the size of a carbine is usually the rule of thumb.

I haven't bothered to measure the two but I assumed the Katiba would have an overall longer barrel due to this.

I haven't bothered to measure the two but I assumed the Katiba would have an overall longer barrel due to this.

The IRL counterpart of the Katiba comes with three different barrels, 780mm, 730mm, and 680mm. It is however chambered for 5.56mm so the ingame Katiba will not have the same muzzle velocity as the real one, which goes from 900m/s to 950m/s.

I think both MX and Katiba should have 800m/s (since ar15 chambered to use 6.5mm goes around 800-820m/s)

about the 4 Five - that should have 280 like the ACP-C2 (still dont get the 4 Five's magazine count - the 11 rnd magazine ... , even Dayz with the same pistol has proper magazine even real name haha)

Edited by RobertHammer