We're back to game design. A bunch of static AI standing around an open area not reacting and no patrols. If you had sentries positioned intelligently that player would have been killed long before being able to do that.

So it's back at the mission designer again`How many issues are mission designers supposed to work around in the meantime? Can't the base game just be fixed instead?

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

That is not for you to decide.

I see. Who are you again? Smurf stated his opinion, I stated mine.

The new soundscape additions are great and I don't know if I had my effects slider set to low before but did they just NOW add wind? In any case great improvement.

However, the song birds various day time noises are being played at night as well. I am no expert of the avian variety, especially Mediterranean but I don't know many birds that are nocturnal except the owl.

Also, did they remove gear sounds when crouching and going prone or was I using the wrong player model?

Beg your pardon, did you watch Ghost's video? Granted, there are quite a number of fishes, but this is certainly one of the biggies.

Yep I did, so what? If you wanna to play like that and lose all the fun of the game, your problem.

Not optimal but at least grenades have some use now.

If you're having a squad of playing do that just stop playing like an idiot and/or stop playing with idiots. Problem solved.

So it's not game's fault it has broken rules but the fault of players who are idiots because they simply play the game the way it's meant to be played?

Yep I did, so what? If you wanna to play like that and lose all the fun of the game, your problem.

So we should pretend the game is not broken? Like "Oh shit I must not forget to not press G button twice in a row or it will start spamming grenades!"?

Or "If the game has issues it's because you are just an idiot!" like the guy in the quote above?

What a great way to fix issues with ArmA3! Just pretend they don't exist. No wonder that ArmA3 is only half the game any previous game in the series was.

Not optimal but at least grenades have some use now.

Really? You can't aim them, you can't cook them. But they are great at being spamable oh yeah

Edited by metalcraze

Whatever floats you boat, if you can only see the glass half empty I'm not wasting my time anymore.

Do I think grenades are perfect yet? Nope.

Do I think they are about a million times better than in ArmA 2? Hell yes.

Ugh, playing Arma 2 recently... man the game has come a long way! But boy I'd love JSRS, Blastcore (or similar particle mod), ACE and ACRE in A3, the mods are getting there but... little ways to go

Dyslexci's method on grenade use in A2CO is still far better than current A3 implementation which is less realistic than in COD/BF.

When do people realize spamming is not a viable solution? As with more combat stances, with fast throwing player has an unfair advantage over AI.

I guess balancing does wonders when you're not quite sure what's going on.

Why?

Ugh, playing Arma 2 recently... man the game has come a long way! ..snip..

Only in look's really, certainly not game-play, just imo..

did anyone also hear the footsteps, when you are standing still in some stances. thats was´nt there in the lastdev version, or that before.

So it's back at the mission designer again`How many issues are mission designers supposed to work around in the meantime? Can't the base game just be fixed instead?

Yes, mission design. It's very easy to set up a duck-shoot like that video, but really what does it prove? That it's possible to set up a duck-shoot? OK it proves that grenade throwing needs altering, but we all know that. Everyone knows that grenade throwing needs to be nerfed. But the panic some people display when contemplating what other players might do seems a little dramatic to me. As someone already said, patrolling AI and intelligently placed assets would make that scenario impossible. Quite honestly, all that video proved to me was that people can place objects in the editor. I already knew about the grenade thing.

To recap:

Press and hold left mouse button -> Charge up and throw high arc

Press and hold right mouse button -> Charge up and throw low arc (through doors for example)

Advantage:

- No more crazy spamming. You need to hold the mouse a while

- More control over the length of the toss

- More control over the arc of the toss

- Throw can be cancelled at any time with opposite mouse button

Options:

- Cancelling a throw will switch back to weapon immediately

How does that sound?

I think this is the best solution I've heard so far, low arc throws would be a welcome addition. I think it's a good idea to treat grenades like a weapon or binocs: You have to equip it to use it.

I'd like to separate grenade launcher from firing mode also, I guess it would need it's own key maybe h as default. About firing mode key - It would be nice to have a low click sound to go with the neat little switch animation.

Edited by Zorg_DK

I'd like to separate grenade launcher from firing mode also, I guess it would need it's own key maybe h as default. About firing mode key - It would be nice to have a low click sound to go with the neat little switch animation.
From what I know this is impossible on a config level: the grenade launcher is, from coding point of view, a firing mode and not a weapon by itself attached to the gun... This is why we have different guns with and without GLs and not a single gun with or without a GL attachment...

Yay!

Yes to the hearing footsteps - think it was moving crouched and then stopping. Thought someone was approaching and thought "that's cool" - No one was there - not cool

If *I* want to play like that`No, I don't. What next? "Sure you can bunny-hop in the game, but if you want to play like that, your problem"?

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

OK it proves that grenade throwing needs altering, but we all know that.

Thank you for making my point. That was exactly what I was trying to say. And apparently, we don't all know that because there are still people defending it.

From what I know this is impossible on a config level: the grenade launcher is, from coding point of view, a firing mode and not a weapon by itself attached to the gun... This is why we have different guns with and without GLs and not a single gun with or without a GL attachment...

Yay!

Oh, that's too bad. I can live with it though. :)

Is it true that the € symbol is still not working? It's funny that we're on European island, but only $ works instead of €... :p

€ should work already (tested on stable 0.74.108135).

More specifically and importantly, we know that the current implementation isn't the devs' intended final state... but Jay's past comments have strongly hinted at it being closer to the intended final state than Arma 2 ever was. :p Mind you, he has actually voiced a preference for grenades as being an "equip" weapon...

Why ?

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Yes, mission design. It's very easy to set up a duck-shoot like that video, but really what does it prove? That it's possible to set up a duck-shoot? OK it proves that grenade throwing needs altering, but we all know that. Everyone knows that grenade throwing needs to be nerfed. But the panic some people display when contemplating what other players might do seems a little dramatic to me. As someone already said, patrolling AI and intelligently placed assets would make that scenario impossible. Quite honestly, all that video proved to me was that people can place objects in the editor. I already knew about the grenade thing.

It proves that the way grenades are handles right now is, let's say, not very authentic.

And I honestly don't understand why everyone is again putting the burden of fixing what's broken in the game on the community ?

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

More specifically and importantly, we know that the current implementation isn't the devs' intended final state... but Jay's past comments have strongly hinted at it being closer to the intended final state than Arma 2 ever was. :p Mind you, he has actually voiced a preference for grenades as being an "equip" weapon...

The grenades are still broken, and therefore, we give feedback... I know it sounds like whining sometimes, but if we don't say anything, nothing is changed.

Missions downloaded from steam workshop now can be resumed without heavy issues. Very nice. :)

The problem with armor now is that, for example i got hit 2 times with rpg to the front of panther and everything is white, and then... suddenly after 3rd hit i explode. I hope it's still wip :). It would be cool if panther from the front would survive a lot more that 3 rpgs. From the back similar situation.

Gunner of Mi-48 has his zeroing displayed - awesome

Edited by Byku

• Tweaked ammo penetration values for small caliber weapons. This follows the previous update of larger calibers. All changes are based upon real ammunition characteristics and are calculated according our analysis equations.

Looks like we need a new comprehensive penetration test. :)

• Adjusted magazineReloadTime of class Throw

No more nade spam?

• Tweaked sorting of sections when optimizing shape

Don't know what the hell this one is about.