15-07-2013

EXE rev. 07769

Size: ~190 MB

Stance indicator fades in / out when changing stances

-------------------------

Noooooooooooooooooo.................. does this mean that the stance indicator is not always visible, and there is no setting to fix this, like in Red Orchestra 2?? Why? That will make it totally useless. Isn't the point of this indicator to always know what stance you are currently in? All the time, and not just for a few seconds after you've changed your stance. I really hope I am just interpreting the change log wrong. :-(

BattlEye anti-cheat integration (first deployment)

Removed sensitivity smoothing for aiming deadzone

"dancing"

yeah, something is wrong with trackIR...

[edit] not just trackIR... something with freelook, using numpad to look left/right also went borked

If you standing still, and press Num4(left), you still look ahead, but your body turn 90degress to the left. If you move forward, you'll turn in circles

[edit2]

I think I got it, after playing with freelook key (default left-ALT), I thin BIS is trying to implement 'turn to where you're looking' kind of thing. Heres how it work:

1.Move forward

2. Look around using freelook key (pressing Left-Alt key and moving the mouse)

3. Release the freelook key, while looking at different direction from where you're moving

4. You're moving toward the direction you last facing...

In a way it's a cool feature, but badly implemented right now I think

Edited by Mr_Centipede

Since the last dev branch update I've got a major Track IR issue.

The control config for it has changed around a bit, but nothing I did in re-allocating Track IR controls restored free look as it's previously used. If I map Track IR (using the Track IR xxx Rot assignmet) to "Head left, head right, head up" nothing happens; if I map Track IR to "Look Left, Right, Up, Down analog" the up and down axes work fine but looking left and right causes the character to rapidly swivel right and left.

I'll sort out a video cap if the above doesn't make sense but it's getting late and my capture software isn't playing nice so I'll leave it at that for now

•Stance indicator fades in / out when changing stances

What does this mean? The stance indicator will fade out after changing stance? I thought the whole purpose was to know what stance you are in, ALL THE TIME, not just when changing stances!

I also noticed that if you look around while running/walking with mouse, alt-pressed down and release the alt the unit instantly turns to run at random new direction (seems to be opposite direction from where you looked at).

Edit: More like mirrored - 30degrees is 330, 90 is 270...

Edited by SaOk

I also noticed that if you look around while running/walking with mouse, alt-pressed down and release the alt the unit instantly turns to run at random new direction (seems to be opposite direction from where you looked at).

Same here - needs a fix I think.

I'm not noticing the stance indicator fading - I did notice that it's not there in 3rd person

ALL THE TIME, not just when changing stances!

You can use something that use in real life. Level of object around you or in front of you. After a while, you don't need these indicators.

What does this mean? The stance indicator will fade out after changing stance? I thought the whole purpose was to know what stance you are in, ALL THE TIME, not just when changing stances!

I haven't experienced it yet but this does appear to be something that BIS like to do. I find it quite annoying. They did it all over the place in Arma2.

You know the user marker you can place by pressing Shift and clicking the map- this fades when at the screen edges making it very hard to spot, they also pick terrible colors for it. It was green on Chernarus.....

The squad leader/unit icons fade after a few moments so they are barley visible.

Objective icons disappear/fade to almost invisible unless you open and close the map.

I get what they are trying to do, but I find when I really need to find these things in the heat of battle I can't.

It was green on Chernarus..

Are you try to change this color? And other colors like you want?

Removed sensitivity smoothing for aiming deadzone

Now is much nicer. But i found few problem.

1. New 3D optics in 4x mode flying out of screen (When ADZ is maximum).

2. DoF not tracking crosshair - always in center.

Solutions.

1. Use small amount of ADZ(what usefull only in 4x)

2. Turn off the DoF.

I'm tired to be rotating turret :)

Edited by Anachoretes

Good question. What is the point of a stance indicator if it doesn't indicate your stance when you want to look at it ? I could understand if they make everything but the little guy in the center fade out (like, the background and such), but the guy and the associated arrows must stay, otherwise, you can disable the whole stance indicator anyway.

Anyone with the development branch care to enlighten the rest ? Does it really disappear completely ?

Are you try to change this color? And other colors like you want?

In arma2 you cant change any interface colors.

In arma3 you can change some interface colors, but not the user marker (it is white in Arma3- I would also like to change it's color here too.).

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7055

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11189

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1328

Edited by -=seany=-

what about the new sights for smgs? are these new models / new textures, or is this more of a config change?

Anyone with the development branch care to enlighten the rest ? Does it really disappear completely ?

On regular difficulty the stance indicator is there all the time.

Only on veteran and expert dificulty the stance indicator slowly fades out after you change your stance.

The vermin using iron sights doesn't allow zeroing to be changed (unlike the scorpion which can be 100 - 300 metres) Has this only happened on this patch?

On regular difficulty the stance indicator is there all the time.

Only on veteran and expert dificulty the stance indicator slowly fades out after you change your stance.

Really bad decision, as this indicator has nothing to do with the difficulty of the game, it's about having access to information that you will always be aware of in real life. So, now those of us that like to use veteran or expert difficulty will have to start playing on regular to get the indicator always visible? Really annoying. If you really want to have stance indicator fading, just make it an independent setting, so that we can choose the system we like, regardless of difficulty.

In arma2 you cant change any interface colors.

In arma3 you can change some interface colors, but not the user marker (it is white in Arma3- I would also like to change it's color here too.)]

I think its still in the protected bracket as my cfg patch for it still wont work:

class CfgInGameUI
{
   class Cursor
   {
   customMarkColor[] = {184,86,75,1.0}; 
   };

};

@ DNA, you noticed my comments about closure sound class a while back. Is there any word about whether its bugged or back under protected content. It would be very useful to me to know for my sound mod development. Thanks

Really bad decision, as this indicator has nothing to do with the difficulty of the game, it's about having access to information that you will always be aware of in real life. So, now those of us that like to use veteran or expert difficulty will have to start playing on regular to get the indicator always visible? Really annoying. If you really want to have stance indicator fading, just make it an independent setting, so that we can choose the system we like, regardless of difficulty.

I can't check right now, can you check of you toggle it on on "veteran" (settings > difficulty > veteran) or is fixed? I suppose you should be able to switch it on.

@Stance Indicator: better than it was. Playing in Veteran it only popped up when you changed firemodes or something, most part of the time it was invisible.

For experienced players, this indicator is not particularly necessary. You see the hands, moving speed, the overall height... Not enough? So it's a veteran. Minimum GUI.

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

I suppose you should be able to switch it on

Only like part of full HUD options. And only in regular mode.

Edited by Anachoretes

For experienced players, this indicator is not particularly necessary. You see the hands, moving speed, the overall height... Not enough? So it's a veteran. Minimum GUI.

Exactly.

I wouldn't want to see that little guy there all the time. If you've played more, changed stances regularly on purpose, you will start to "feel" your stance, it becomes fluid.

You don't have to check it from an indicator.

you will start to "feel" your stance, it becomes fluid.

You don't have to check it from an indicator.

Just that you can't FEEL anything since there's no feedback..

sigh... never mind

Edit: Maybe it would be possible to add a "sticky" feature to the layout editor, i.e. allow parts of the UI to stay even if the appropriate element would be hidden ?

Edited by Varanon