Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

only one question i see you use hand signal , is it the same user key in the amra 2 menu or a new ace key ?

The only problem I have with changing default weapons is backwards compatibility for missions that relied on either the actual weapon or the weapon class name.

Other than that, if people want to use non-default weapons they have to write a small simple script to do it, just like they always have, only now the default weapons are different.

For those mission makers that adore the SCAR as a default weapon, there is a script coming so that you can have it your way ;)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14506

Also, we now have a Steam group :cool:

All the cool kids are using it, so join!

steam-logo.jpg

KKKKK, Thanks AnimalMother92. The better choice is always give a alternative for the users (aka editors)...

Best Regards!!!

Hi again all.

I am just curios more than any thing else.

I use E08:benchmark all the time for reference.

Now with vanilla ARMA2 I get about 50fps consistently but in ACE2 I get about 38fps consistently.

I am not complaining just curios as to what would the extra 12fps go is it in the sounds,extra dust that the weapons kick up or both etc.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Edited by stk2008

Hi again stk2008.

If you want a true answer from people who can get to the bottom of your ACE issues, the place to be is the Issue Tracker. "New Issue" button.

Have a read about how to properly report issues as well.

As you know we're so fond of saying...

Bug reports, feedback and suggestions, on our Issue Tracker please!

Thanks

*Edit*

Today is your lucky day, ticket was made for you. ;)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14544

Awaiting your feedback in there.

Edited by AnimalMother92

Excellent video!

If you don't mind I'll link to it in the howto section for claymores on the wagn.

Cheers. No worries mate.

Uh guys I have a quick question, are the snipers zeroed properly? Whenever I set them at very specific ranges and zero it perfectly, the rounds always go over, usually it is 1 to 3 minute of angle over, I have tested every sniper with the same results, except maybe dragunov and KSVK but it is hard to tell with them (they use meters then MOA on sight adjustment not the other way around)

Also I think I have asked before but I don't think I got the message through clearly, if you set an identity for a SP mission in the description.ext, does the ACE clientside config name you put in overwrite it?

All missions without ACE I can get identities going but when using ACE I always have Militantsausage as the name, but other people get the right name if set.

Ok, Animalmother, i'm not actually registered on dev-heaven I tried but it didn't work, (I probably got rejected :( ) so can you tell the people on the issue list for sniping that it was tested on Utes airfield with multiple ammuntion types, eg. at 800m with M24 it was ment to be a 26 MOA adjustment but that would land higher at 800m (Yes I used rangefinder it was PERFECTLY 800m) but I found that I could get the bullet to land closer to the center of the crosshair by using 24 MOA, and that was with both normal and tracer.

For the M107 I got it closer to the center with 1 MOA down from what it should be using RAUFOSS, Tracer and regular rounds.

Note that the rangefinders are not perfectly accurate. There's something like a +- 10m error iirc, so if you're seeing an 1-2 MOA error at 800m, that could be the rangefinder's fault.

You can try to use setpos on the target relative to the shooter to get exact range and see if it changes.

Note that the rangefinders are not perfectly accurate. There's something like a +- 10m error iirc, so if you're seeing an 1-2 MOA error at 800m, that could be the rangefinder's fault.

You can try to use setpos on the target relative to the shooter to get exact range and see if it changes.

Maybe an optical rangefinder from WWI was that bad.

Today I can buy a golf rangefinder that is accurate to +/- 1 meter. Military gear has to be at least that good and far more rugged.

Also, a 1-2 MOA error at 800m is huge - effectively no better than human eye ( 20/20 vision equates to 1 MOA resolution ).

I just recently decided to try the ace2 mod and I like it very much. I have one small problem however. I cannot lock onto targets with the uav hellfires. I don't have any trouble with the ah-64 or any other helicopters, but the uav is like a useless piece of metal in the sky. What am I doing wrong?

Laser rangefinder measures distances from 10 meters to more than 2400 meters with an absolute accuracy of better than 1 meter. Typical ranges of the different models vary between 1000 meters and 5000 meters. ;)

Tested the new version of ACE2 and 1 bug found in the option of loading and unloading crates portable. :eek:

I have reported on the website issue tracker.

Edit: because you delete me report in website issue tracker?

Edited by Metralla

SWWEEEEEETTT!!!! Love the new stuff you have added! Great Great work guys!

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

Mod _____________Version

@ACE____________410

@ACEX___________282

@ACEX_RU________14

@ACEX_USNavy____13

@ACEX_SM________67

@CBA____________129

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

Please tick userconfig as files have been updated.

If wish to use the 1.5 stable release you can still download from our ACE stable YAS repo, all ACE folders have _1.5 at the end including CBA and CBA_OA. You can find the links in the spoiler:

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/UGAF_CO_ACE_1.5.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/OA_ACE/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthre...d=591#post_591

UGAF is actively using the ACE updates on its game servers.

Release Candidate 1 is online!

Changelog

Enjoy :)

Important: the handling of the userconfig is different now. Please read about Configuration and look for the ACE Clippi tool in your @ACE folder.

Bug reports, feedback and suggestions, on our Issue Tracker please!

A configuration tool is a most welcome addition.

But at first was concerned about the choice of names....

clippy.jpg

Really glad the ACE design is different. :)

Hey guys,

I'd tried out AceX (currently disabled) and really like the new M1A1 family replacements. They took the CH M1A1HC to a whole new level. But... me being never satisfied I was wondering if there was any way I could lock the hidden selections in the .pbo instead of them being random every time I load the vehicle. I know how to do it in the mission editor, but I'd like to make the selections permanent so that they always look the same.

I had done this on the CH M1A1 before, so I opened the PBO and converted the config for editing, and altered the necessary lines only, specifically the extended event handler hidden selections. However, after recompiling the files, I always get an error, usually either 'input after EndOfFile' (or something the like) or that some part of the config is not an array (this changes). I haven't done anything other than alter the event handlers on the base class hidden selections. And I've done this successfully on the CH version.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You will need to accuse me dumbness :P.

I cant figure out even after reading the docs how to use the new user config.

normally I would go into the text file in ace user config and edit that now I cant as its zipped and if I try to open zip it wont its corrupt or not in a format known.

So I then replaced the user config from the store folder as I probably corrupted the user config zip trying to open it.

I then went onto the new CLIP tool and all the paths look good I click

Change manual options

and get an error

Unhandled exception has accrued

Could not find part of the path

E:\docs and settings\stk\my docs\arma2\other profiles\

Thats all it shows then a load of stuff in the details drop down box.

I have all so left it running while I try to set me options from within arma ESC but says

Options saved copy to user config or use new CLIP toll?.

I have the latest version of net frame work as linked by ACE

Please advise.

Edited by stk2008

E:\docs and settings\stk\my docs\arma2\other profiles\

Create that folder exactly like it says in the popup window (worked for me) or wait for an update from Xeno ;)

Opened ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14566

Edited by Robalo_AS