Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

Please add correct BMD-2 (1.6) http://www.armaholic.com/colombia/addons/vehicles/rhs_bmd2_1.6.rar

Changelog:

v1.6

- [FIX] Classes conform to ArmA2: Combined Operations standards better

- [FIX] Gunner animation sticking out below the vehicle

- [ADD] Thermal maps

- [FIX] Stringtable fixes

- [ADD] Sight zeroing between 200 and 1600m

- [ADD] NVG gunner sight

- [ADD] PZU-8 anti-aircraft sight

Please use the bug tracker. It's where these things are supposed to go.

If you use any addon that has any parts of CBA (usually extended eventhandlers) make sure you update that addon as well or remove the out-of-date files that conflict with CBA.

If you use any addon that has any parts of CBA (usually extended eventhandlers) make sure you update that addon as well or remove the out-of-date files that conflict with CBA.

I was starting the game with just ACE stuff just downloaded from SU and the error continued.

Downloaded from KH using Yoma (there was some files under "changed") and everything went fine since then.

Get a included file extended_eventhandlers\script_eventhandlers.hpp not found error

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Anders, i had the same problem. Some of the other mods you're using have an older version of the event handlers.pbo. Replace them with the cba event handlers.pbo from the @cba folder.

How do I do that?

Edited by ray243

No, you only need OA's ACE to play OA/CO. A2's ACE is for A2 only.

then do you know about the eventhandlers problem?

then do you know about the eventhandlers problem?

The problem may be due to other addons or an older version of XEH in a mod folder that is conflicting with the current cba. Make sure you disable every other AddOn except the most recent cba and ACE2. Also make sure you have the correct cba depending on whether you use CO, OA or whatever.

Problems like this have been discussed over the months and it's always been due to an old version of extended_eventhandlers(or XEH, now part of cba but wasnt always) in a mod folder or an old/incorrect cba version.(which now has XEH in it) Just make sure all other versions of XEH are deleted from any mod folder and just use the on in the most current cba.

except the most recent cba and ACE2.

Most recent CBA version means in this case, the CBA version you get with ACE updates

(it sometimes contains changes needed for ACE).

And like Manzilla allready wrote, there are some addons which add (older) XEH versions into

their mod folder, so please remove or move them. The ACE CBA version is allways backwards

compatible (and a new CBA standalone release should now really not be too far away).

Edit: One little teaser... :D

Changing the ACE keys ingame via the ACE Options dialog will be available with the next

ACE update... all 39 keys/key combinations

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Hi , a question

I was starting the game(OA+BAF) with ACE and I Detect that US faction (ArrowHead) is missing in editor. Is ACE's deactivating default faction US (game ArrowHead) or a local problem here ?

Best Regard

Whats the new clientside config version? I was getting errors about it so I guessed it at 7.

Hi , a question

I was starting the game(OA+BAF) with ACE and I Detect that US faction (ArrowHead) is missing in editor. Is ACE's deactivating default faction US (game ArrowHead) or a local problem here ?

Best Regard

It's renamed to "(AE) US Army", since "US" is a silly title for a faction, especially for CO users that have "USMC" as well.

Whats the new clientside config version? I was getting errors about it so I guessed it at 7.

The newest userconfig is always in the Store, so you shouldn't have to guess. Just extract the new and replace the old.

It's renamed to "(AE) US Army", since "US" is a silly title for a faction, especially for CO users that have "USMC" as well.

Sorry, but, Where is (AE) US Army in faction combobox? I don't have this option there, only (AE) USMC Desert, (AE) US Air nave and (AE) US Navy.

:(

The default US faction is renamed just US Army, not Æ US Army. If you don't see it then yes, there's a local problem.

In general, factions added by ACE gets prefixed with Æ, but that doesn't mean all or any of the units in those faction have to have been added with ACE.

Edited by VKing

Hey guys, I have 2 editing questions that I couldn't get answered:

1. How do you use fastroping on say, a Blackhawk? (I searched Dev Heaven and couldn't find instructions on how to use).

2. How do you add alot of mags to a heavy MG (DSHkM) so it doesn't run out of ammo? (It is for AI, they need to continously fire and reload and fire and etc.)

EDIT:

I figured out the second one but still don't know the first.

Any answers?

Any answers?

1. Sync the Fastrope Module to the BH you want and then you have to care a rope ( in the ropes Crate) then is self explanatory from there.

2. in the Vehicles init field you would put this

this addmagazine "the vehicles weapon ammo";

hope this helps

thaqnks Lynn, I will try it, by the way, someone who is registered should put that in the howto section of the fastrope page so this question doesn't get asked again.

EDIT:

A few questions:

- The module is called disable fastroping?

- How do you get AI to use fastropes?

- Is there a way to start helo with fastropes instead of loading them?

- Does player have to be involved somehow?

Edited by Militantsausage

Any answers?

For fastroping, do the following:

Take or borrow

• 1 (one) helicopter
  • 1 (one) pilot
  • at least 1 (one) rope (length by preference)
  • passengers

1. Load everyone up in the helicopter. The rope should not be in the posession of the pilot or any other crew. The person carrying the rope must be in the cargo area/'back' seats.
  2. Once at the DZ, hover the helicopter no higher than the length of the rope, no lower than 10m
  3. The person carrying the rope gets an action to release the rope
  4. The ropes deploy, everyone in cargo gets an action to fast rope
  5. When troops are deployed, the pilot and/or crew chief (can't remember) gets an action to cut the rope
  6. The chopper flies away, the rope coils up on the ground and can be picked up if you want

Important point: Any gunners cannot fast rope, only people in the actual cargo slots in the helicopter. Also, Don't place the 'Disable fast roping' module. There is no Enable module, it's by default.

Edited by VKing

I know you're all probably thinking "Who is this guy, what is he doing here" but I have a few more questions still

- How do you get the AI to use the fastroping by themselves?

- How do you drop the ropes, or get rid of the rope once it has been used?

EDIT: I figured out that the ropes drop off automatically after a while, but I'm still not sure how to get the AI to fastrope by themselves. (With AI leader and player not in the squad)

Edited by Militantsausage

The default US faction is renamed just US Army, not Æ US Army. If you don't see it then yes, there's a local problem.

In general, factions added by ACE gets prefixed with Æ, but that doesn't mean all or any of the units in those faction have to have been added with ACE.

Thanks VKing, I see, but the US Army uses M4 Holo for rifleman, I need the original version with MK16 weapon.

How I activate the original version of game (mk16 standard for rifleman) and ACE ?

Edited by D3lta

Care to point me to some explanation about the new logistics (cargo) options?

It's looks very promissin, I really liked what R3F did with that and i'd like to see something like that in ACE.

BTW what happend to the ability to drag small boxes? can't see that nomore on 1.6.

Thanks VKing, I see, but the US Army uses M4 Holo for rifleman, I need the original version with MK16 weapon.

How I activate the original version of game (mk16 standard for rifleman) and ACE ?

You can use

this removeWeapon primaryWeapon this; this addWeapon "SCAR_L_STD_HOLO"

to add a mk16.

List of mk16 classnames here: http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons?advanced_search=Mk16

Care to point me to some explanation about the new logistics (cargo) options?

It's looks very promissin, I really liked what R3F did with that and i'd like to see something like that in ACE.

BTW what happend to the ability to drag small boxes? can't see that nomore on 1.6.

Check the bug tracker about the crates. If it's not up create a bug ticket(I think it's there though)

The cargo explanation is in the Feature section of the WAGN. Check it out:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

It's not a bug, it's not a feature, it's just madness!!:

arma2oa2010101822592019.th.jpg

arma2oa2010101823000407.th.jpg

Extreme Vehicle Towing :D(maybe a vehicle type check it's needed, don't you think?)

Edited by columdrum