Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

You can use

this removeWeapon primaryWeapon this; this addWeapon "SCAR_L_STD_HOLO"

to add a mk16.

List of mk16 classnames here: http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons?advanced_search=Mk16

Thanks VKing. I knew it. But now, I need to modify my old mission again,because ACE's change default gear of soldiers. This is a waste of time for me.

I was dissatisfied with this attitude of the team ACE

:mad::mad:

Thanks VKing. I knew it. But now, I need to modify my old mission again,because ACE's change default gear of soldiers. This is a waste of time for me.

I was dissatisfied with this attitude of the team ACE

:mad::mad:

I find funny that you should be aware by now that ACE aims for a certain (lets call it) realism. I guess you are using it in your mission(s) for the same purpose.

BUT then you come here dissatisfied by something you can do yourself with a few lines of code (yes, it does mean some more time spent on it, i'll give you that).

I guess i am dissatisfied myself with this sort of posts

And its this kind of thread topic that makes me wish I bought OA today. :(

The problem may be due to other addons or an older version of XEH in a mod folder that is conflicting with the current cba. Make sure you disable every other AddOn except the most recent cba and ACE2. Also make sure you have the correct cba depending on whether you use CO, OA or whatever.

Problems like this have been discussed over the months and it's always been due to an old version of extended_eventhandlers(or XEH, now part of cba but wasnt always) in a mod folder or an old/incorrect cba version.(which now has XEH in it) Just make sure all other versions of XEH are deleted from any mod folder and just use the on in the most current cba.

Okay, since I have a ton of addons and I do not want to reinstall one by one, is there anyway for me to check which addons have the older versions?

I find funny that you should be aware by now that ACE aims for a certain (lets call it) realism. I guess you are using it in your mission(s) for the same purpose.

BUT then you come here dissatisfied by something you can do yourself with a few lines of code (yes, it does mean some more time spent on it, i'll give you that).

I guess i am dissatisfied myself with this sort of posts

Sorry Pufu, I did not want to offend anyone.

I only think, my personal opinion, that standard resources can to stay standard resources.

Best Regards for all.

Sorry Pufu, I did not want to offend anyone.

I only think, my personal opinion, that standard resources can to stay standard resources.

Best Regards for all.

I appreciate your opinion, and I'm sure everyone else does too, but if we did that, then there wouldn't be a whole lot left of ACE except new weapons. A huge amount of the vehicle configs (which includes infantry) have been tweaked, modified and outright replaced. On the whole people seem to like it.

As far as I know, noone complained when we replaced the AK107 with the AK74M for the russian troops.

Edit: Good News! for everyone who likes Mk16s: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14506

Edited by VKing

I agree. Also this game is set in the near future, not present day.

Since the SCAR Project is canceled we can almost be sure that in near future (4-5 years), they will still be using the M4 .

So its still futuristic IMO.

Edited by jhoson14

Since the SCAR Project is canceled we can almost be sure that in near future (4-5 years), they will still be using the M4 .

So its still futuristic IMO.

Not canceled, just the orders for the mk16 have ceased. They're still purchasing the mk17 and conversion kits to support 5.56 ammo for them due to budget. But yeah the other half of your post is likely gonna happen, I doubt we'll see the m4 replaced entirely anytime soon.

Okay, since I have a ton of addons and I do not want to reinstall one by one, is there anyway for me to check which addons have the older versions?

Nope. You gotta remove all non-CBA/non-ACE2 AddOns/Mods until you find the culprit. Also check each mod folder for other xeh versions. It doesn't take long to do. I've had to do it a bunch with loads of content many times.

Edited by Manzilla

Can someone please explain how to use the flashbangs and balaclava? I can't get my player to throw the flashabng and I can't add the balaclava to myself or the ai characters without an ammo crate.

Any help would be much apreciated!

Valhallan, you need to change your clientside config, just right click and hit "edit" and then go through the whole thing, i'm sure you can find more in the clientside config that you would want to change.

Can someone please explain how to use the flashbangs and balaclava? I can't get my player to throw the flashabng and I can't add the balaclava to myself or the ai characters without an ammo crate.

Any help would be much apreciated!

I think you have to configure the ace_clientside_config.hpp on line 115 you name player, you have to put the name with which you play your game.

Don't know where to ask this really, or if this even can work, but how do I make it so infantry units will use RPG against other infantry units?

Don't know where to ask this really, or if this even can work, but how do I make it so infantry units will use RPG against other infantry units?

I've been RPG'd plenty by them, especially by those Russian specops that run around with a Bizon and RPG-18. Get out of the range of their 9mm, they'll go to 64mm no problem :)

Having trouble with the wounding system if anyone can help. Im trying to make a mp mission, and I cant seem to get it to work at all. I examine injured soldiers and he appears injured.

The problem is, the "magic medic" is still there and the only way to heal. Also, you dont go unconscious when "killed". Therefor no revive.

Is there some way to enable the whole thing, im missing?

New to editing and have been up all night, sorry if this doesnt make any sense! :)

Having trouble with the wounding system if anyone can help. Im trying to make a mp mission, and I cant seem to get it to work at all. I examine injured soldiers and he appears injured.

The problem is, the "magic medic" is still there and the only way to heal. Also, you dont go unconscious when "killed". Therefor no revive.

Is there some way to enable the whole thing, im missing?

New to editing and have been up all night, sorry if this doesnt make any sense! :)

Have you placed the '(Æ) Enable Wounding System' module?

:o Thanks, lots of stuff in there. lol

Edit: one more thing. I was playing on a server at one point that gave a 500ish second timer to stay unconscious before dieing. Is that something that happens naturally at random, or do you stay unconscious for ever?

Edited by Maciver

I think that's a mission setting. By default, without treatment, you stay unconcious untill you bleed out, which can take from a few seconds to several minutes.

Ah ok, i would prefer default. Thanks again for the help. I hope to have some interesting Pvp missions in the works with ACE running.