Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

Now I get this error:

Include file x/cba/addons/main/script_eventhandlers.hpp not found

Tried updating, and it says its already updated!

Edited by ray243

Hey again, ACE guys. Since I can't seem to get ACE to play nice with the vanilla missions like the campaign and bootcamp, are there any ACE specific user created missions you'd recommend to a beginner? I need to learn the ropes somehow before I play online. What are the best sp missions you've played? Also, what's the most popular set of addons you guys use along with ACE in combined ops? It seems the addon guide on the ACE wiki is really outdated, and lots of them are incompatible with OA.

Well 1.5 allows me to save which is great, but if I try to land on the carrier I usually blow up compared to vanilla, where it would usually stop me as if I were using a hook. Maybe it was a glitch, but a glitch that I liked. VTOL works fine, but trying to land normal, I just roll off the edge.

Edited by Gigahertz

For when a new version of ACE2? :bounce3: :681::638:

Are you nuts? There's a new damn version every friday. Check the FAQ.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/FAQ

If you want a new stable version even though one just came out, well, it'll be done when it's done.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

I searched it before you posted. And the links does not provide any form of help, because the file needed is not in the download file.

XEH isn't in CBA? Are you sure about that?

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

No Manzilla. The refueling mission was able to be saved and loaded without incident, but the boot camp F-35 practice is the one that won't load. Btw the Chernarus helicopter is in the mission without ACE, so it's not that. I'm hoping this isn't a bug but something I'm doing wrong so I'll be able to play vanilla missions.

I take back what I said yesterday. Now I am getting a CTD when trying to load in a mission for ACE2 I'm working on. It's never done that before. I'm looking into it further but I can confirm I get CTDs now in more complex missions I load.

Can anyone recommend a good location to get ACE missions?

Ideally 4-10 person COOP.

ArmAholic.com keeps a good vault of them.

XEH isn't in CBA? Are you sure about that?

I couldn't find any files related to extended_eventhandlers.hpp

Well ACE 1.5,and extras , along with the newest CBA are saving and loading vanilla fine for me. I did notice one problem though. In an A2 mission I couldn't use the visibility slider but it worked in OA missions. Did this ever happen to you?

Well ACE 1.5,and extras , along with the newest CBA are saving and loading vanilla fine for me. I did notice one problem though. In an A2 mission I couldn't use the visibility slider but it worked in OA missions. Did this ever happen to you?

No sir. Never seen that before.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

I couldn't find any files related to extended_eventhandlers.hpp

Just use CBA and it will work. CBA contains Extended_eventhandlers.pbo(XEH) and it contains the script necessary to stop the error you are getting.

Save game issue in progress; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14689

More people with issues incl rpt+savegames+repro missions welcome!

Crew protection with vehicle damage + wounds enabled workaround applied, more in progress;

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14667#note-7

Hi I'm stuck with ACE 1.3 cause I don't have OA.

I really like it but I'd like to know which features it includes (I feel I've barely scratched the surface).

I had a look here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Features

But it seems to include all ACE features, i.e. including those from the latest version of ACE (v1.5?).

So is there any way to filter out ACE 1.5 features so that I only see ACE2 1.3 features?

Sorry for posting this here but I couldn't find the ACE2 1.3 thread.

I've tagged the OA-only features, you can find an overview of them here;

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Operation_Arrowhead

All other features are also for A2, although they're probably improved in OA.

This should also give some insights; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

Will look soon into improving on that.

Edited by Sickboy

English is not my native language, so, I wonder what means "Enable Staying Brass" in the ACE settings? What does it?

Can anyone recommend a good location to get ACE missions?

Ideally 4-10 person COOP.

\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@ACE\store\mpmissions.tar :)

English is not my native language, so, I wonder what means "Enable Staying Brass" in the ACE settings? What does it?

Makes spent bullet casings stay on the ground.

stock-photo-pile-of-spent-bullet-casings-42002242.jpg

Makes spent bullet casings stay on the ground.

But wouldn't that lag if I have 20 minigunners firing at the same time? At least make em disappear after a period of time.

There's a max number of cartridges that can be present at once, so once that number is reached the oldest cartrigdes will start to disappear. So having 20 minigunners will have exactly the same impact as one bloke with a lee-enfield.

Fourth edition of small WIP Roundups - containing note worthy changes that do not warrant seperate blog entries.

ACE Mod is nearing v1.6 Stable, with Release Candidate 2 coming up this Friday!

Your bug reports are now more important than ever!

Read all about the upcoming changes.

f0QDi.jpg

f0T7r.png

Click for bigger

PS - Don't forget to join the Steam group and follow on Twitter :)

Edited by AnimalMother92

I have a Problem since the latest Ace Update.

I´m unable to load savegames. Every Time I try to load a save game i have a CTD

Here is a RPT

=====================================================================

== C:\Spiele\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Spiele\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=C:\Spiele\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@ace" -nosplash -noPause -world=Takistan

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/10/28 13:45:25

Current time: 2010/10/28 14:08:18

Version 1.54.72888

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V20 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V30 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V40 not found

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[3305,83.918,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[3305,84.179,0,"MISSINIT","intro2","Takistan",false,true,false]

[3305,87.799,0,"Reading ACE Settings database..."]

[3305,123.567,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[3308,139.094,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Started"]

[3308,139.097,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Finished PostInit Started"]

[3315,139.796,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace"],[[[0,7,0,129],-1],[[1,6,0,410],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[3332,141.733,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

[3760,163.871,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[3760,163.939,0,"MISSINIT","ORS_01_Gearing_Up","utes",false,true,false]

[3760,164.884,0,"Reading ACE Settings database..."]

[3760,171.188,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

Warning: Road selection asf3 has wrong name format

Warning: Road selection mud has wrong name format

Warning: Road selection asf3 has wrong name format

Warning: Road selection mud has wrong name format

[3762,175.195,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Started"]

[3762,175.195,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Finished PostInit Started"]

[3769,175.956,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace"],[[[0,7,0,129],-1],[[1,6,0,410],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[3776,176.466,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

[12788,202.135,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[12788,202.188,0,"MISSINIT","ORS_01_Gearing_Up","utes",false,true,false]

[12788,202.739,0,"Reading ACE Settings database..."]

[12788,206.059,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

Duplicate weapon NVGoggles detected for USMC_Soldier_Officer

Duplicate weapon NVGoggles detected for FR_Corpsman

Duplicate weapon NVGoggles detected for FR_Marksman

Duplicate weapon NVGoggles detected for FR_AR

Duplicate weapon NVGoggles detected for FR_GL

Duplicate weapon NVGoggles detected for FR_TL

Duplicate weapon NVGoggles detected for FR_Corpsman

[12789,211.729,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Started"]

[12789,211.736,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Finished PostInit Started"]

[12795,212.171,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace"],[[[0,7,0,129],-1],[[1,6,0,410],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[12814,213.208,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

Error 'No entry' at 'C:\Users\Tonci\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\=NAG=Tonci87\Saved\Campaigns\operation_red_star\save2.ArmA2OASave/Vehicles/VisibleNear/Vehicles/Item0/magazineSlotsOpticsModes.C:\Users\Tonci\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\=NAG=Tonci87\Saved\Campaigns\operation_red_star\save2.ArmA2OASave/Vehicles/VisibleNear/Vehicles/Item0/magazineSlotsOpticsModes/.Item28'.

ErrorMessage: Cannot load 'C:\Users\Tonci\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\=NAG=%20Tonci87\Saved\Campaigns\operation_red_star\save2.ArmA2OASave'.

Does someone have an advice what to do?

@ACE DEV's

Not sure if this is one for you or the Zeus AI team (but I've posted the issue within their post).

I can't seem to get Zeus AI (latest Zeus for OA) to work with the latest ACE (410).

The last time this worked was with ACE (398) - I had upgraded from 398 to 410 directly.

The post explaining the issue is here

@ACE Devs

Does the new fire system mean it works like JTD FAS, where burning object can set other objects on fire?

Or does this only work from objects to player?

@ACE DEV's

Not sure if this is one for you or the Zeus AI team (but I've posted the issue within their post).

I can't seem to get Zeus AI (latest Zeus for OA) to work with the latest ACE (410).

The last time this worked was with ACE (398) - I had upgraded from 398 to 410 directly.

That's because the latest ZEUS_AI for OA isn't intended for ACE2 as far as I know. Check through the Zeus thread, it's explained there. There is an older version that was made for ACE2(it's pre-OA I believe) that needs to be used for ACE2. It hasn't been updated in a while but it still works.

The only new ZEUS AI files that can be used with ACE2 from the current zeus version is ZEUS_FindCover and ZEUS_sys_ai. These can be used with the older ZEUS AI files intended for use with ACE2, The ACE2 zeus files can be found in a post somewhere in the Zeus thread. Not sure the exact post number though.

I hope this helps you and I'm not misunderstanding your problem.

Good luck.

Savegame problems resolved; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14689#note-7

@ACE DEV's

Please see http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14710

Edited by Sickboy