Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

Hi thanks damn I forgot to add it to the ACE ticket thing sorry ACE team.

Ok I will just wait will they do it tonight?.

Bugger it thought I would add folder still get error

E:\Documents and Settings\STK\My Documents\ArmA 2\other profiles

even with the above :(

Edited by stk2008

Do not create Other Profiles in your Documents/ArmA 2 dir, rather than that create "ArmA 2 Other Profiles" in the root of Documents dir. :)

Do not create Other Profiles in your Documents/ArmA 2 dir, rather than that create "ArmA 2 Other Profiles" in the root of Documents dir. :)

Got ya that worked :)

For those with Clippi :) problems, I've uploaded a new version here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14566#note-4

It fixes a problem with the user profile reading on some systems and hopefully

explorer crashes (I've accidentally added a clear clipboard before hooking into the

Windows clipboard chain, not that good, sorry :). Hopefully it really fixes it)

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Thanks a lot for the update. Exellent proceedings.

Also thanks a lot for the fast update of the "ACEClippi.exe". The new version works for me.

Alright, is there a better explanation of what I have to do different regarding the userconfig files and this Clippi thing? I've checked out the Configuration section but I don't get it.

I get some error about .Net framework when I try to launch the Clippi.

Sorry for such a dumb question but I'm a bit confused about this.

Alright, is there a better explanation of what I have to do different regarding the userconfig files and this Clippi thing? I've checked out the Configuration section but I don't get it.

I get some error about .Net framework when I try to launch the Clippi.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Clippi

@All

If you find any problems regarding the options dialog (keys not working after changing them ingame, whatever)

please open a ticket in our tracker (like you should do for all other problems too :)).

It were quite some massive changes necessary for it so maybe we have overlooked something.

Xeno

I don't get it. I'm still getting that error even with the new Clippi? Do I need to create a file named like the one above?

Sorry again for this question but I'm confused as hell about how to get ACE2 set up with the changes to the userconfig and what this Clippi is all about. I don't understand the documentation.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Clippi

@All

If you find any problems regarding the options dialog (keys not working after changing them ingame, whatever)

please open a ticket in our tracker (like you should do for all other problems too :)).

It were quite some massive changes necessary for it so maybe we have overlooked something.

Xeno

I'm still getting that error. I have the new version you posted. Am I doing something wrong? I got the framework 4.0 too.

I've got the folders set up correctly but when I go to change manual settings it comes up with "unhandled exception" something about a start index cannot be less than zero ? :)

I've got the folders set up correctly but when I go to change manual settings it comes up with "unhandled exception" something about a start index cannot be less than zero ? :)

Me too. I'm using the updated version of Clippi as well. Win 7 64 is my OS.

Error still occurs.

I still don't get what I'm doing here. Can we set this up with out using Clippi?

EDIT:

Do I need to create a new file in my profile folder? I'm really confused here.

Edited by Manzilla

I don't get it. I'm still getting that error even with the new Clippi? Do I need to create a file named like the one above?

Sorry again for this question but I'm confused as hell about how to get ACE2 set up with the changes to the userconfig and what this Clippi is all about. I don't understand the documentation.

No problem.

The Clippi tool does only two jobs, it listens to the clipboard and reacts when the ingame "Save" button

was pressed in the ACE Options dialog and saves the settings to the settings.ace file in userconfig\ace.

The second job is to change the remaining ace_clientside_config.hpp settings.

Simply delete the old files in your ArmA2/oa\userconfig\ace folder.

Then extract the userconfig.tar file in @ACE\store (with 7z/rar) and move the files to userconfig\ace.

Run the tool and change the remaining 5 ace_clientside_config.hpp settings with the tool, that's it.

Don't close the Clippi tool just leave it running when you start OA with ACE.

It takes care of saving your changes that you make in the ACE Options dialog

to the settings.ace file.

Please download the latest Clippi version here:

If everything goes well you don't have to update your userconfig\ace folder in the future :)

Xeno

Create "ArmA 2 Other Profiles" as a directory in Users/Yourname/Documents.

No problem.

The Clippi tool does only two jobs, it listens to the clipboard and reacts when the ingame "Save" button

was pressed in the ACE Options dialog and saves the settings to the settings.ace file in userconfig\ace.

The second job is to change the remaining ace_clientside_config.hpp settings.

Simply delete the old files in your ArmA2/oa\userconfig\ace folder.

Then extract the userconfig.tar file in @ACE\store (with 7z/rar) and move the files to userconfig\ace.

Run the tool and change the remaining 5 ace_clientside_config.hpp settings with the tool, that's it.

Don't close the Clippi tool just leave it running when you start OA with ACE.

It takes care of saving your changes that you make in the ACE Options dialog

to the settings.ace file.

Please download the latest Clippi version here:

If everything goes well you don't have to update your userconfig\ace folder in the future :)

Xeno

Thanks Xeno. I've done all this but still get the error when I run Clippi. I'm using the hotfix version too.

Create "ArmA 2 Other Profiles" as a directory in Users/Yourname/Documents.

Inside the ArmA 2 directory that already exists, or a in the Documents folder along side the other A2 directory? I'm trying all this stuff but I still get the error when I try to use Clippi.

Hmmmm.

Tested the new version of ACE2 and 1 bug found in the option of loading and unloading crates portable. :eek:

I have reported on the website issue tracker.

Edit: because you delete me report in website issue tracker?

Metralla, your ticket wasn't deleted, it was closed :)

I've fixed the bug 4 hours ago (too bad it was after the release).

You can see the log message on the right side:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14563

So it's not gone, it's how a bug tracker works.

Problem solved (and verified by myself and others), ticked closed.

Inside the ArmA 2 directory that already exists, or a in the Documents folder along side the other A2 directory? I'm trying all this stuff but I still get the error when I try to use Clippi.

Can you create a ticket @dh and post the error message ?

And please add some information where your OA profile files are (folders and exact name) please.

Btw, you can still change the settings in ace_clientside_config.hpp with a normal text editor.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Hmmmm.

Ok here is what I did may work for you

Go into @ACE folder in AMRA2 directory then go into store then open user config zip.

then I deleted me old files in

E:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace

then extracted the zip contents into there ^.

then try the CLIP tool.

EDIT

Just want to say damn I cant believe how bloody fast ACE team work I have put up two issues on tracker and withing minutes there is a reply :O.

Great work ACE keep it up best bloody mod ever I have been using it since its birth.

Edited by stk2008

Kellys ACE2-OA YAS Repo Updated to b410 ACE2 1.6 RC1

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-OA YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

Combined Ops & OA-Only. ACE 1.5Betas

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-ArmA2Only YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

ArmA2-Only. ACE 1.3RC1 Stable & won't be updated anymore.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

Metralla, your ticket wasn't deleted, it was closed :)

I've fixed the bug 4 hours ago (too bad it was after the release).

You can see the log message on the right side:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14563

So it's not gone, it's how a bug tracker works.

Problem solved (and verified by myself and others), ticked closed.

Xeno

ok, but as I fix this error in my game? I have no idea how to fix this ...:confused: :j:

ok, but as I fix this error in my game? I have no idea how to fix this ...:confused: :j:

You can't fix it yourself. Just have a little patience.

It will be available soon enough :)

Xeno

Just to be clear, Everytime I try to unrar the extra files in the @ACE/Store/Userconfig/ace folder it tells me that the file is unknown or corrupt. It seems like I've updated eveything microsoft framework and what not, just have these corrupt files, can I get a new batch of them?

Edited by purpheart23
Got it working.

Hey guys, I'm not too familiar with this new userconfig thing, I have a question, I am getting this error

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found
and I am not sure what to do about it, I have used that clippi thing, and all I can do with it is update some settings like name, HUD display, crosshair and that ruckless thing. Any help is appreciated, also I did check dev-Heaven but couldn't find anything useful on this.

I think the error I am getting is related to the settings.ace file, because I can't open it it says "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged".

EDIT: Purpleheart can you please share your information on how you fixed your problem?

I have no idea at the moment.

EDIT... Again: I figured out what was happening, I feel like an idiot now, for those who don't know simply run ACE with the clippi thing open.

Edited by Militantsausage
Question Answered

I have no idea at the moment.

EDIT... Again: I figured out what was happening, I feel like an idiot now, for those who don't know simply run ACE with the clippi thing open.

This happens to many people not only to you, :banghead::bounce3: it is now easier than ever to set the ACE2.:yay:

Everything is set within the game and change the keys of ACE2 is a good idea this.:thumb:

Just to be clear, Everytime I try to unrar the extra files in the @ACE/Store/Userconfig/ace folder it tells me that the file is unknown or corrupt. It seems like I've updated eveything microsoft framework and what not, just have these corrupt files, can I get a new batch of them?

Dont extract the rar file thats inside the store user config put the 3 items in the ACE user config folder.