Sign in to follow this  
flashbang151

Arma 2 OA 1.53 Suggestions

If this has been suggested, consider this another vote in favour of:

- the SECOPS module to use the current OPFOR when it generates tasks. It appears they are only spawning russians, even in takistan where the OPFOR is takistani insurgents.

To fix lights on vehicles: 2 spotligts, but only 1 cone of light in front of the vehicle.

Regards

If this has been suggested, consider this another vote in favour of:

- the SECOPS module to use the current OPFOR when it generates tasks. It appears they are only spawning russians, even in takistan where the OPFOR is takistani insurgents.

A slight enhance on this maybe, rather than having the SecOp/ACM factions set to "all factions" by default, have it tied to the island.

This way the we could plonk the ACM or SecOp module on Chernarus and see CDF and Chedaki without any modification, or on Takistan and see Takistani Army and Guerillas. Or, if modders were so inclined, start up Duala and see Afrianian (sp?) and Moliation (sp?) armies against each other.

My suggestion is make M14 and SCAR H able to use ammo for both weapons. I mean they are both nato 7.62x51 20 rnd mags. Except there are some fitting issues in real life.

this may have already been suggested, but a 'Land There' command would be great. the current 'go there then disembark' combination is pretty limited. if an AI pilot knew his LZ, he would be able to approach better, and possibly land better.

Please insert a command line switch to change MPMission Folder!

Background:

We want (and I think there will be more) to host multiple dedicated Arma Server on one host. But we also want to use diffrent mods (example: vanilla and ace2). But i can only use one MPMission dir, with all Maps. So, if an unexperienced user select the wrong map, it won't work.

To copy the whole game folder to another directory can solve my problem, but we use GameCreate to manage our server, and the interface only allows one Installation per host (there are some very workarounds.. but not really good ones).

The command line switch would make our life a lot easier.

So we can set up a missionlist for each explicit configured server.

My suggestion is to create a possibility for tank commander to change gunner's ammuniton of weapon. Presently, we can only change kind of weapon (via "CTRL+F"), not ammunition. Canon uses SABOT and HE, both often used on the battlefield. It would be done by "CTRL+R" combo which is assigned to "countermeasure 2". Tank uses only 1 countermeasure (smoke) assigned to "R" key so the second one is not in-use. Such possibility would save a lot of time!

Thermal signatures for ArmA II vehicles and UN Forces speaking their native language.

Please, remove that icons in the middle of the screen that double action menu items!

When medic heals you, your player plays healing anims twice. When you heal at hospital or vehicle it works fine. I hope this really gets fixed in next patch. Lol this same bug was in ArmA1 and got fixed in 1.08 I think and now same thing in A2.

Please, remove that icons in the middle of the screen that double action menu items!

Oh yeah. These icons in the middle of the screen piss me off since I've got Arma 2 a year ago. There is nothing worse than lying behind a dead body for cover and your sight gets occluded by the annoying action-icon to open the inventory of my cover. :rolleyes:

All the content of ArmA2. Because this stand alone expansion is a drag. No 240 without optics? That's nuts.

I'd like to have the simple support module mp-compatible. I really tried every possible configuration, I ripped the BIS missions apart to see the official setup and I read every possible information within this forum about this module. However it only works in sp mod / editor and not on the windows dedicated server.

Plz remove bugs for UAV and also make it able for "manual control".

Also in RL the Tank's thermal imaging have green color than grey (oO)

Please guyz..if i wanted a "just fun" game i would play BFBC2.

No, make it pink, because that's what they are in real life!

Basically, without documentation such suggestions aren't worth a pinky without reference.

No, make it pink, because that's what they are in real life!

Basically, without documentation such suggestions aren't worth a pinky without reference.

M1A1

http://washingtonguard.org/news/archive/fo-abram.shtml

T72 newer models refference

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_thermal-imaging-system-for-t-72-tanks_1315522

the fastest result i got

Anyways..afaik ALL Tanks Thermal imaging systems i'v seen it looks like default "Nightvision"

color with thermal signatures

Hope you are happy now Carl..

Edited by GiorgyGR

Hold your mouse click. Its based on a throw strength system so you can control your throw better.

Without any indicator of "strenght" there only estimation left to "know" the strenght, add an indicator.

Few suggestions -

- Ability to shoot from motorcycle

- 3D editor

- AH-6 to more factions (eg. Takistani army)

- Better weapon animations like Cury says. PS: Reloading animations are very very poor!!!

- Ability to shoot if you're running

And i wanna report a bug so please fix it -

M4A1 Holo have a flashlight on it but it doesn't work so please fix it. Thanks!

And question:

I see the laser aiming in some films (red dot on head :D:D)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMvwkcP_d7JlyqUz3xvnqbzwPUA6oEG9CmbMBUjfMWNEjYZH4&t=1&usg=__FdoMPa0UfU7vxSxqBgzaHXo7dBk=

in game you can laser aim only with NVG

Edited by danny96

- Ability to shoot if you're running

What for?

What for?

I'am accustomed from ARMA I. can be used as covering fire or rambo style :D

And question:

I see the laser aiming in some films (red dot on head :D:D)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMvwkcP_d7JlyqUz3xvnqbzwPUA6oEG9CmbMBUjfMWNEjYZH4&t=1&usg=__FdoMPa0UfU7vxSxqBgzaHXo7dBk=

in game you can laser aim only with NVG

Because it's an IR laser.

Also there is already a 3d editor.

I would like to see a minor change in the opfor voice (arrowhead). When you play opfor all dialogs are in the Takistan language except when you are injured, then your opfor men sais 'oh fuck that hurts' in English lol. would like to see that in Takistan language as well.

Hi!

I was making a mission in Chernarus with U.S army troops and there's a pilot who has to get in a c-130J with the get in waypoint. Guess what? Get In Waypoint is broken! the guy just stands there and doesn't get in! Now this maybe a glitch in Chernarus, but even if it is, they should fix it! But that's not the main problem, I can get passed that and somehow put the guy in the plane but once I do... It doesn't take off! The AI forgot to take off! Now for those who will claim that there were never AI's that could take off, i say I have made plenty of missions where they do take off and they weren't perfect take off's but they were still taking off, here they just go offtrack and move to their waypoints from the ground! FIX THAT!!!!

I want to multiplayer mode to be more balanced, almost all vehicles have blueforce and FLIR can see during the day and night, as well as several weapons, while the FLIR opforce has only one weapon AKA 74 Goshawk ... please think about it! :(