Sign in to follow this  
flashbang151

Arma 2 OA 1.53 Suggestions

Great,you want to encourage BIS to become the next Bethesda?You want this plane,pay for it,you want this scope pay for it,sheep armor?You guessed it pay for it.

I agree with paying DLC as long as it's more than a few scraps.

My apologies. He was talking about having a FREE aircraft pack with up to 3 aircraft. That's what I hope doesn't happen. :o

Make civilians more sensitive to time. Just as an experiment I placed the ambient civilain module running in the editor on Takistan and went and did other things. When I eventually returned to the computer hours later, it was 1:30 am and there were still quite a few civilians walking around in the villages.

Edited by Killerwatt

A bug:

Probably already been said, but the back rotor on the Russian Mi8 now spins around with the main rotor.

As in, it appears to orbit the chassis of the helicopter in flight. It's rather unnerving. Not sure which LODs it appears in exactly, but I think all except the long distance and interior LODs.

A suggestion:

For combined operations, update the original units with the arrowhead features! In particular:

Weapons with CQB sights (in particular PSO-1 and ACOG mounted rifles, as well as the Red Dots on the G36 and XM8)

Thermal imaging on T90 and BTR-90 (and BMP-3, maybe, I'm not too sure if the version ingame is the one that should have thermal imaging...)

Backpack worky bits for infantry (!!!)

As far as I can tell, this is all just a matter of slightly editing models and configs, it could probably be done by a determined programmer over lunch!

Edited by BiggerDave

All Russian scoped weapons should have backup irons.

Right! Since the AK optics use side mounts it's possible to aim under the mounted sight using the iron sights although much view is covered by the scope.

Collision detection issues with rocks in OA

some bug or something that randomly causes my screen to go black and i get a message saying "display drivers stopped responding and have restored."

Never got this in Arma 2, I dont know if I have the latest DX9 junk.

Please put a description of audio samples in the UI so people will know what they do, I leave mine at 64 im guessing any higher and my cpu will fry...

bullet hole decals should stick around longer and have a TI signature

seperate post processing options please BIS

flinstones vehicles (peoples feet going through the bottom of the vehicle) collision issue

Revamped Muzzle flashes

Object distance shouldnt be tied to viewdistance anymore, rocks being rendered at 10km is plain rediculous

-A lot of armored vehicles still do not have 3D interiors either for gunners or pilots

-You can't leave the sighted in view as a gunner in the humvees that have a remotely operated turret.

-The new grenade throw doesn't offer any good visual feedback on the actual strength of the throw.

-Please, PLEASE try to put to good use x64 systems that have a large amount of ram, thrashing my hard disk like there is no tomorrow while i still have 4Gb of ram free is not normal.

-AI pilots seems to constantly overshoot their turning angles on ground vehicles.

-Editor wise i know that the scripting engine is pretty nice and all but for peoples who want to whip a quick mission together 10 minutes before playing there is noiwhere nearly enough options in the editor itself.

flinstones vehicles (peoples feet going through the bottom of the vehicle) collision issue

The flinstone effect is affecting especially the women,try using a civilian vehicle(hilux,suv,land rover) with a women in the front right seat.

some bug or something that randomly causes my screen to go black and i get a message saying "display drivers stopped responding and have restored."

Never got this in Arma 2, I dont know if I have the latest DX9 junk.

What this means, is your graphics drivers have failed. You need to turn down your video settings, or this will keep happening. If you turn everything up too high, that message is the result. Be glad you didn't get a BSOD.

What this means, is your graphics drivers have failed. You need to turn down your video settings, or this will keep happening. If you turn everything up too high, that message is the result. Be glad you didn't get a BSOD.

**** that means I cant do more photography on maxed settings like I could in Arma 2.

That would make sense since my frame rate was like 3 or 5fps. :p

oh well ill buy a 5870 soon.

apache Cannon needs some more splash damage I put like 6 shells right below this guys head and nothing happened.

these are big shells no?

Its kind of annoying that I have to hit the guys like 3 times directly on the torso to kill them with a cannon.

In the controls UI

unless I missed it theres no entry for IR Lasers

Since its "L" it should read Headlights on/off :IR Laser "Mapped key"

When in the optic view of the Apache cannon to activate Thermal imaging WHOT and BHOT it should be IR Laser Key and not Nightvision, for quicker use

After throwing an IR strobe afterwards you should be able to pick it back up.

I think its time to seperate Greandes/smokes/IR strobes from the "Fire selector" key

Grenades/IR strobe should have their own keybinding.

AI medics unless in Safe mode will not come treat you from what Ive tested, Medics need to make their job TOP PRIORITY over supressing enemies or hunting them down, same goes for any other special class of AI, AA, AT, Medic, Engineers.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ill add more as I play.

Maybe a mini-campaign like EW can be added for OA.

Edited by Echo_2-7

I'd love to see the following

-Working co-pilot seats. Give the appropriate aircraft co-pilot seats that are usable. Nothing worse than having the pilot take one to the chest and having to bail.

-Apache should allow the pilot to control the hydras while the gunner controls everything else. Would make piloting a lot more enjoyable for 2 humans. ACE does this, so it's definitely doable.

-VSync option! Don't think it's impossible, but I could be wrong. It would go a long way towards helping performance issues.

-M136 should be one shot disposable, not the take up 6 slots per rocket deal.

-Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but when piloting the AH-64 and looking around my HUD follows my vision rather than staying put. Really makes manual fire a lot more difficult than it already is.

-The F button is getting too much action. Any chance of breaking this up?

-FIX THE GROUP RESPAWN! It worked great in ArmA, but has been different since ArmA 2 came out. It used to be you could have 1 character set as playable, but when you died you'd soul swap to one of the surviving squad members. Now you only soul swap to those that are set as playable, meaning that if you have a squad of 12 but only 1 set as playable you won't soul swap to another character. Irritating when you want something like having 4 squads for 4 players, each as a lead, but want them to do group respawns only.

-Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but when piloting the AH-64 and looking around my HUD follows my vision rather than staying put. Really makes manual fire a lot more difficult than it already is.

I think this is meant to be so. The HUD is integrated in the pilot helmet if I remember correctly.

The Stryker mortar carrier and Scud should be made fully functional, with the ability to aim and launch the weapons.

The Stryker mortar carrier and Scud should be made fully functional, with the ability to aim and launch the weapons.

The Mortar Carrier yes. The Scud, hell no!

I can only think of using Scuds as an objective. Same goes for Grad21s and MLRS - too destructive to have any real use with the limited "armies" we operate with in Arma. I only wish the damned artillery rockets would simply disappear by default after their lifetime instead of causing that stupid explosion in the sky.

Just ticketed this little issue: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11699

Commanding your AI's to go stealth will make them whisper however you yourself wont. I think its so neat with the whispering commands and replies in OA that it would be superb if the human leader also would whisper. I think that was the plan though - it just got overlooked (or no time).

Please vote if you think its worthy of a fix. :)

Thanks.

Edited by Alex72

The group leader should really have command over himself. Many times in ArmA (OFP through current) my current player-character has gotten himself stuck in a state that destroys gameplay functionality with no direct control to correct.

I've been:

Halt - impossible to be the leader of a formation

Hold fire - nothing too serious

Status red - even after clearing the status (5-5 clears it for others)

Team white - impossible to set myself as part of a color team

The m1a2 tusk have the gunner viewpoint on where the tank commander viewpoint should have been when not using CROWS system instead of the "normal" viewpoint at the right hand side, which is totally wrong AFAIK, and please, make the loader turn in as well

Edited by 4 IN 1

@Frederf: Yep. Don't forget behavior. Sounds a bit weird setting your team mates to stealth for that extra nice immersion (and I friggin LOVE IT!!!) while yourself keep yelling :)

Oh, already covered... Penalty for reading backwards I guess :)