Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Ok so on top of my UAV issue as posted above it seems none of my static groups garrison anymore or get into static weapons. Usercconfigs look good. Im stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions or no of any mods that break GL4? Ace 1.8 RC1 is the only substantial mod I have in addition.

Hey....awsome mod...great job to everyone who contributed to it!

Anywhoz, stupid question that I knows probably been asked but this post is so long I cldnt find it...mebe I missed it as my eyes got blurry from all the reading....

How to stop the initalization text when gl4 starts up?

I know its probably real simple just havent been able to figure it out :/

any helps appreciated!

Go into GL4_Core in the Arma2\userconfig\GL4 folder, look for this section:

// GL4 Initialize Debug:
 // ==============================================================
 // Choose if the "Initialize" debug should be used.
 // Note: This debug displays how "Group Link 4" was initialized directly after the initialize of "Group Link 4" was done.
 // True / False, default is True
   // GL4_Core set [4, False];

Just uncomment the last line. I think that does it.

As for mods breaking GL4, not sure. There's always a chance of cross-competing purposes with Zeus and SLX thrown into the mix where AI enhancements are concerned, but I don't think ACE would be an issue.

Edited by AZCoder

Guys, I´m making a MP mission, mostly based on GL4 resources, but launching "Mission Based" version just like this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1587679&postcount=1269

But I desperately need to adjust number of reinforcements and disable AI markers (actually the best would be able to choose on Lobby parameters, but that is too complex for my skills).

I already tried the specific methods like:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1605122&postcount=1540

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1854055&postcount=2053

But than I discovered that doen´t matter what parameters I enable/disable or edit, it just keeps launching GL4 with the default/original settings.

What should I do? (besides crying if can´t find a solution)

Anyone else could notice that too?

Another question:

If I release the mission and the the server doesn´t have an Userconfig\GL4 folder or have one with different settings, how the mission will behave? Probably with the same original/default settings right?

I tried to copy the userconfig folder to mission folder, and edit the paths for it in the .sqf files which were calling it in the GL4_Settings folder and sub-folders, but as any of the changes I made are not being applied in either way, I can´t confirm it works.

Help PLS!

Edited by Charlis

Hey all,

Making a MP mission using GL4

Has anyone tried a Revive Script with GL4 running? Does it conflict with GL4's First Aid?

Cheers

Is that just a bad shot or cant AI call Artillery agains AI ?!

i tested it in some ways .... and everytime the enemy calls artillery on my player position. But still no artillery at my frendly AI soldiers.

EDIT:

the same thing on firering Flares and Smoke , AI wont fire it if they fight agains AI , same thing on calling Reinforcement. Is there a way to use all the fatures for AI vs AI as well ?!

Edited by Anemia

As far as I know, reinforcement and mortar fire from enemy AI works only against human players.

@SNKMAN

I am still amazed how good your old GL4 works, after all these patches. But still there are some features missing (because of incompatibility with OA) like radio chatter.

So please release us from waiting and share the version you cooked up please!

yes sir, best radio chatter ever of ALL mods if tested in last years. the last version with radio chatter works fine in singleplayer or in the editor but thats not where i need it! :uzi:

any chance of only running this gl4 fx part 'radio chatter' separately and correctly on OA/CO in MULTIPLAYER ?!?!?!

tried out a few things and frankedsteined with the pbo's and hpp and cfg's, but had no success yet....and tip, hint, help or what ever would be very appreciated from/of everybody

thx 4 the great mod and your work and time here and 4 da comm M.I.A. SNKMAN...hope your alright, wish ya da best and..

nice weekend @ll

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Hello.

I'm currently trying to convince people in my community that implementing GL4 in our server will not break their existing missions and will not increase their work as of trying to compensate for the changes that will be made with GL4.

Could I ask for a summary as to how currently GL4 is compatible with existing missions, UPSMON, ZeusAI, ACE2, WarFX and so on?

If they are afraid of it breaking a mission, tell them to make a 'copy' of the mission, and implement it. If it breaks it, replace it with the original version.

Ah, sorry if my description wasn't detail enough, I'm not asking them to implement it into their mission it self but I'm trying to add this as a MOD in my server and want to play existing missions without any mission scripting changes. If that makes sense.

Edited by TOTAL22

Hello.

I'm currently trying to convince people in my community that implementing GL4 in our server will not break their existing missions and will not increase their work as of trying to compensate for the changes that will be made with GL4.

Could I ask for a summary as to how currently GL4 is compatible with existing missions, UPSMON, ZeusAI, ACE2, WarFX and so on?

If they are afraid of it breaking a mission, tell them to make a 'copy' of the mission, and implement it. If it breaks it, replace it with the original version.

Ah, sorry if my description wasn't detail enough, I'm not asking them to implement it into their mission it self but I'm trying to add this as a MOD in my server and want to play existing missions without any mission scripting changes. If that makes sense.

Is it possible for me to add radio chatter to soldiers with the communications headset?

Hello.

Hey TOTAL22. From the mods you mentioned I have only heard that ZuesAI runs ok, haven't tested myself

WarFX runs ok but can sometimes bug out due to the already existing GL4 Special Effects Module...I suppose if the module isn't present then WarFX should run ok.

Not sure about the other though.

GL4 is completely configurable - from turning off the special FX to toning down its AI reinforcment feature.

Whether it breaks a mission or not depends on what kind of mission it is, and how you have GL4 set up.

Key to this is the configuration of reinforcments - if you have the reinforcment distance set to GL4's standard setting, then enemy AI will reinforce from great distances, and you will end up fighting against a cloud of infantry and armor. If you go tone those settings down, then its not so bad -- and then you get the benefits of GL4's enhanced AI.

I have the reinforcments toned down, the AI precision config toned down (due to zeus and GL4s enhancements), and the AI skills almost maxed, so I get AI attacking, suppressing and flanking in coordinated groups.

Still, GL4 may 'break' some missions - if the mission depends on AI standing around and staying in one spot, perhaps.

It depends on the mission, and depends on the settings in GL4.

I still use GL4 to this day, but then again, I play mostly warfare.

GL4 is completely configurable - from turning off the special FX to toning down its AI reinforcment feature.

Whether it breaks a mission or not depends on what kind of mission it is, and how you have GL4 set up.

Key to this is the configuration of reinforcments - if you have the reinforcment distance set to GL4's standard setting, then enemy AI will reinforce from great distances, and you will end up fighting against a cloud of infantry and armor. If you go tone those settings down, then its not so bad -- and then you get the benefits of GL4's enhanced AI.

I have the reinforcments toned down, the AI precision config toned down (due to zeus and GL4s enhancements), and the AI skills almost maxed, so I get AI attacking, suppressing and flanking in coordinated groups.

Still, GL4 may 'break' some missions - if the mission depends on AI standing around and staying in one spot, perhaps.

It depends on the mission, and depends on the settings in GL4.

I still use GL4 to this day, but then again, I play mostly warfare.

Who are you responding to?

Who are you responding to?

If to me, I know that, and also asked Sknkman to make GL4 called when "asked" by the mission, so it own´t break another missions that weren´t designed to it. Me and some friends had to stop using it since the beggining because it was "affecting badly" various missions (calling units as reinforcements were they should be following it´s original waypoints or guarding for example).

My problem is that running mission based version, doesn´t matter wich resources I tuned, it keeps running the default ones as I stated in this post.

By the way, anyone can confirm or solve that?

I´m afraid I´ll have to take GL4 out of my mission and try to figure out units reinforcements manually in the editor but that would suck, as I planned the mission to be based on "GL4 Mission version, not mod".

Edited by Charlis

what's the latest version of this for ace, is a beta out?

This is one of the best mods out there. Any plans for its update? I have not seen anything posted by creator in a while ..

The creator is around... just not in this thread! He's making the new update called Tri-force which I'm guessing will be just as good as the original GL4 with some awesome new features.

Give him time, it's a highly complex addon.

I am using GL4 as a script and i cant get the map markers to stop showing. Searched the thread but page 203 only relates to the user config of the ADDON Gl4. As i am using just the scripted way. How do i shut thies off when using GL4 as the scripted version? Running the GL4 as a addon is unacceptable solution so telling me to edit the user config is not going to work as its running as a script.

Edited by Cytreen

I am using GL4 as a script and i cant get the map markers to stop showing. Searched the thread but page 203 only relates to the user config of the ADDON Gl4. As i am using just the scripted way. How do i shut thies off when using GL4 as the scripted version? Running the GL4 as a addon is unacceptable solution so telling me to edit the user config is not going to work as its running as a script.

That´s the same problem I asked in this post http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1854336&postcount=2054

But no solution yet.