Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

So are fires not working correctly .i.e-- spinning too fast? Just checking to make sure I did not mess something up.

@Kroky

Well yeah there are two points of the last public version which cause this.

1.: Group Link 4 set the enemy and friendly A.I. sides automatically at the very first beginning of the initialize and the command "setFriendly" from the mission was not already executed at this time.

2.: Also the fault of 1. ;)

Group Link 4 do use each group ( enemy ) which was stored in the given enemy array of Group Link 4 and i had no real enemy check becouse i never thought about this situation.

But already fixed... :)

@gatordev & touristo

I already found a very seriouse bug in the "Re-Arming" feature of Group Link 4 and i set a timeout check of 50 seconds which will make the unit automatically re-join if the unit has not reached the position to re-arme after 50 seconds. ;)

@stevedrumsdw

So are fires not working correctly .i.e-- spinning too fast?

Yes true...

Already fixed too. :)

Many thank's for the feedback and bug-report guy's. :thumbs-up:

@SNKMAN

Glad to hear you could already fix these issues. I had to play some missions without GL4...:(

I've got one more little tiny suggestion:

Could you please change the fonts which appear on the menu screen to the same size like BIS and ACE ones? Right now GL4 FX Special Edition and the version number seems to be a little bit too intrusive.

It would be even more perfect to inclue a sticker logo like BAF and okt_noBlur mod uses.

I know this is nitpicking, just to fit the aesthetical issues to GL4.

I hope you don't let us wait too long for the next release. Yes I know you want to make it perfect, but especially the integrated enemy check is really very missing in the last published version. So, it would be very nice to see an updated GL4, next days.

Thank you very much, for the continous efforts in making this mod so valuable to our game.

Mhh... no thx. The AI in this Mod is to slow in CQB. Want to play without the AI Skills but it was not possible. AI needs realy long to hit me... its destroy the feeling in a CQB fight.

@aeggwards1

You could try this:

Name/Id the group:

groupA=group this;

Init.sqf:

[] spawn
{
      sleep 5;

GL4_Groups set [0, (GL4_Groups select 0) - [groupA] ];

GL4_Reinforcement set [0, (GL4_Reinforcement select 0) - [groupA] ];
};

This will remove the group ( groupA ) from the array's which are used to select the groups.

You can now add the group ( groupA ) at any point in your mission ( trigger / script ) by using.

GL4_Groups set [0, (GL4_Groups select 0) + [groupA] ];

GL4_Reinforcement set [0, (GL4_Reinforcement select 0) + [groupA] ];

Should work. ;)

Work's with multiple groups too:

[] spawn
{
      sleep 5;

GL4_Groups set [0, (GL4_Groups select 0) - [groupA, groupB, groupC] ];

GL4_Reinforcement set [0, (GL4_Reinforcement select 0) - [groupA, groupB, groupC] ];
};

Thanks SNKMAN.

One other question, does the above disable everything to do with GL4? I still want them to Garrision buildings etc just not to fire until I want them too.

Cheers

@aeggwards1

By removing a enemy A.I. group from:

you will remove them from: Garrison Building's | Advancing | Suppressed Fire | Human A.I. ( Idle ) | Body Detect.

By removing a enemy A.I. group from:

you will remove them from beeing able to request reinforcement and use all the specific unmount behaviours.

A workaround for this would be to remove the group(s) after about 10 seconds, becouse after around 5 seconds after mission start all the features will be triggered and checked so remove them after 10 seconds and the enemy A.I. groups already should have checked all thouse features. ;)

Oh did forget... This only need to be done on the server becouse in MP only the server will have thouse Global Variables. ;)

Init.sqf

if (isServer) then
{
      [] spawn
      {
             sleep 10;

};
};

Note: If the group(s) have done what you want and you re-add them to the array's then they will be using all the features again.

Well just a little W.I.P. report.

Finally found the new working title of the new upcoming Group Link 4 version.

triforcet.jpg

A tone of new system's and functions was added and optimized the current status of Group Link 4 - Triforce is around 80% - 85%.

Group Link 4 - Triforce media gallery.

Group Link 4 - Triforce media gallery.

Prepare yourself for a new level of gaming... ;)

Edited by SNKMAN

I like what I see SNKMAN. I am only concerned about the 80-85%. Does this mean we have to wait for it for weeks?

Are the on fly options disable?

oh and another question:

will the DSAI support the takistani and british english ???

:p

Edited by MrStregatto

SKMAN, how do we active the garrison AI feature for SIngle player mod. Im creating a mission where enemy AI are holed up in buildings and

marines need to clear those out.. please let me know . Thanks

@Kroky

Does this mean we have to wait for it for weeks?

Maybe... :)

To be honest Group Link 4 has turned into a monster of system's and functions and it really need damn long to test | enhance and optimize everything.

I have fixed a lot of J.I.P. bug's and improved a lot of features to work with J.I.P. too.

Also not to forget all the different modules and types ( Module | Default ) of how Group Link 4 can be initialized...

Just have a look here and you will see what i mean still can't belive i did this all on my own... :D

Group Link 4 Triforce Edition v.1.3.37 ( ??.??.2010 )

-------------------------------------------------------

What's New:

-----------

Improved: Group Link 4 Special FX Edition Initialize.

Optimized: Removed many "publicVariable".

Added: Breath Feature.

Improved: Multiplayer codes.

Fixed: Debug Marker bug.

Fixed: The "Recruit" and "Release" actions was added twice.

Optimized compatibillity with ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead.

Changed: "preprocessFile" to "preprocessFileLineNumbers".

Fixed: Script error, where only the group leader was moving to the given position as reinforcement.

Added: Multiplayer "Group Link 4" version check which will warn a player if he use a different "Group Link 4" version as the server.

Changed: "doMove" to "move" becouse it look's like that "Behaviour" and "Combat Mode" could not be changed correctly every time.

Changed: "Bullet Time" will be disabled automatically in multiplayer becouse the command "setAccTime" which is needed for slow - motion do not work in multiplayer.

Added: "Assassin" Car and Man feature.

Optimized: Reinforcement movement and combat behaviours.

Optimized: Remount Function.

Optimized: Vehicle Mount Function.

Changed: Alert cancel time from: 5 - 7 minutes to 3 - 5 minutes.

Fixed: Crew "Unmount" - "Get In" bug. Hopefully

Enhanced and Speed Up: "Static" "Custom" "Defend" and "Special FX" module initialize.

Added: FSM ( Finite State Machine ) Formations. ( GL4_FSMs.pbo )

Added: 3th person view. ( GL4_3D.pbo )

Optimized: Enemy A.I. Flare shooting at night.

Added: Real Time Debug.

Changed: Distance to KnowsAbout. Only enemy A.I. which knows less then 4 about a enemy will be ordered to move. This will make enemy A.I. groups not walk/run directly into the combat center.

Re-Wrote: ReadMe.pdf. Way smaller and cleaner now. ;)

Added: Muezzin call feature.

Added: Debug Log to write important debug and initialize errors to the .rpt

Fixed: Radio Chatter In-Game volume bug. Note: The H.Q. Radio Chatter volume can only be changed in the "GL4_Radio_Chatter.sqf" settings.

Enhanced: F.S.M. features. A.I. in combat and with a known target will search for additional cover objects close to their position.

Optimized: Re-Wrote all "while" - loops to "for from to" - loops. Way faster now. ;)

Fixed: Already burning fire ( inflamed ) did not use the "Camp FX" feature.

Optimized: Scripted FSM search cover function.

Fixed and Optimized: "Weapon FX" "Shell FX" and "Sound FX" features.

Fixed: Rotating Fire FX. ( Special FX )

Fixed: Sparks and Ashes of burning vehicles which was rotated through the explosion did not fly up in the air.

Changed: All "Special FX" like "Sparks" "Ashes" "Fire" and "Smoke" will now be affected by wind strenght and direction.

Added: Explosion FX Desert Dust Wave.

Modified and Enhanced: 85% of the "Special FX" features.

Changed: Some "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers" which are used during the initialize of Group Link 4 to "execVM" to give other Mods/AddOns/Scripts the chance to initialized.

Enhanced: "Explosion FX" and "Shell FX" feature.

Changed: Duse and Mud color will be set by the given island surface/terrain which can be changed in ( UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Local.sqf ).

Enhanced: Enemy A.I. which had garrison a empty building and with 1 waypoint with the waypoint type "HOLD" will try to hold the building instead of leaving the building.

Warning: Enemy A.I. inside of a building may will not be able to shoot at the target becouse of a engine limitation.

Improved: "Scripted FSM" to allow a player ( if leader ) to order his A.I. unit(s) to search for cover.

Enhanced: "Explosion FX" feature.

Added: Tank Rocket Impact FX.

Added: Lightsources to all "Fire FX".

Re-Wrote: "Explosion FX" feature.

Added: Lightsources to "Explosion FX".

Re-Wrote: "Backblast FX" feature.

Improved and Enhanced: Group Link 4 initialize.

Re-Wrote: Many CPU intense functions from .sqf to .fsm which results a general stabillity and performance boost.

Added: Sidechat to the "Radio Communication" feature.

Optimized: Group Link 4 will be automatically disabled during the "Intro" screen of ArmA 2 / O.A. to give the engine more resources to initialize.

Added: "Group Link 4: Disable" module which will disable the initialize of Group Link 4 completly after it was created.

Re-Wrote: "Muezzin" feature into a function.

Enhanced: Group Link 4 version check.

Fixed: Group Link 4 "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" reinforcement time bug.

Re-Wrote and Enhanced: "House FX" feature.

Improved: "Fire FX" function. ( Crew Burning FX and Playe Burning FX )

Enhanced: "Camera Shake" feature. ( Tank/Static Weapon and Shell Impact )

Fixed: "Shock FX" to work with local units in multiplayer.

Changed: In multiplayer the new global MP E.H.s "MPHit" and "MPKilled" will be used.

Enhanced: Group Link 4 .RPT debug and initialize log.

Fixed: Group Link 4 initialize .fsm priority bug.

Fixed: "Flies FX" sound scope bug.

Fixed: "Crew FX" fire of already burned to dead units sometimes was too high which made the FX look not realistic.

Optimized: "GL4_Danger.fsm" ArmA 2 / O.A. danger system.

Added: Dynamic in-game local setting control. Available through the communication menu by pressing 0 - 8.

Fixed: Multiplayer animation bug where animations of dead simulating A.I. was not synchronized correctly.

Improved: Group Link 4 system initialize. ( GL4_System.fsm )

Enhanced: Enemy A.I. Debug System.

Added: While using the "Development Debug" you can enable the camera feature at any time through the communication menu settings.

Optimized: Enemy A.I. Remount feature.

Improved: "Script Based" initialize.

Optimized: Forest "Twig" sound fx.

Improved: Vehicle "Radio Chatter" will be stopped as soon as the player has unassigned the vehicle.

Improved: "Suppressed Fire" function. Enenmy A.I. now can be suppressed from vehicle weapons too.

Fixed: Enemy A.I. which had leave their original group did not re-group correctly if the original group leader was killed bevore re-grouping.

Improved: "Scripted FSM" feature.

Renamed: "GL4_Vehicle_Mount_F.sqf" to "GL4_Assign_F.sqf".

Fixed and Improved: Enemy A.I. "Vehicle Assign" feature.

Improved: Enemy A.I. helicopters will not unmount their crew close ( nearby ) the taget location anymore.

Fixed: "Garrison" feature where A.I. sometimes used the same building position and stand very close to each other.

Added: Group synchronizing function which will make enemy A.I. which is on the way to the target location wait for each other if the distance between some units of the group is too big.

Improved: "Assign" feature.

Added: After spotting a target enemy A.I. will first check their own group and then all friendly units ( "Man" "Car" "Tank" "Air" ) nearby ( within 100 meters ) to calculate if the enemy A.I. group really was overmatched or not.

Fixed and Optimized: "Force Move" feature.

Fixed and Optimized: "Scripted FSM" feature.

Re-Wrote: "Time FX" feature.

Added: Setting to ( UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Core.sqf ) to delay the initialize of Group Link 4.

Re-Wrote: "Random Position" feature. Positions now can be every object on the map which can be synchronized with the "Group Link 4: Position" module. ( Units | Vehicles | Logics )

Fixed: "Random Snow" feature which was not synchronized by J.I.P. players.

Optimized: "Random Weather" feature.

New: Group Link 4 - Triforce Edition ( Current working title )

Improved: All "Random" features. ( Position | Snow | Weaher | Time )

Added: New Function: "GL4_Synchronize_F" which do automatically synchronize "Year | Month | Day | Time | Overcast | Rain | Fog" in multiplayer from the server with all players.

Fixed: J.I.P. bug with "Repair" and "Recruit" features which was not synchronized for J.I.P. players.

@MrStregatto

Are the on fly options disable?

What do you mean by this?

Well the option's like you can see in some screenshots are used to disable / enable specific features of Group Link 4 during the mission in real time.

In multiplayer all thouse setting's are local to each client which means everyone can set what ever he like.

will the DSAI support the takistani and british english ???

Nope sorry had no time to optimize/enhance the D.S.A.I. feature but it's very much on top of my list after the "Triforce Edition" was released.

@soldaten

Well simply place a enemy A.I. group within 100 meters to a empty and walkable building. :)

holy crap! can't for this. By the way , i solved the issue I pm'd you on the pr forums. It wasn't gl4 :)

Hey SNKMAN I know that my english ispretty bad but I will try to explain better.

In the last version of your Grouplink on ArmA 1, when I was starting a mission, a menu with the selection of the features went out, breaking the starting mission feeling ( at least for me, I dunno for someone else ).

However don't worry, I think that the mod is still a great mod, that I many ways remind me the good-old ECP.

And obiusly, I can't wait for this big upgrade :)

@SNKMAN

This is really an huge change log!

Some of the fixes are really needed very much.

After reading all this changelog, my major concern is now, if the new features, especially like find cover won't eat up too much performance for GL4? But I have faith in you, that you already optimized it to run smoothly. Really looking forward to it!

@Fox '09

Hey Fox :)

Well glad to hear you fixed it and it was not the fault of GL4.

@MrStregatto

Don't worry i know guy's which can't say a single sentence in english. ;)

About your question: No the setting menu will not pop up like in the old GL3 it can be opened by using the communication menu ( 0 - 8 ).

@Kroky

if the new features, especially like find cover won't eat up too much performance for GL4?

Nope don't worry the FPS impact is not noticable. Of course in very huge battles with more then 70 groups with 12 man in each enemy A.I. groups you will loose a few frames but that's normal.

The "Find Cover" use a default B.I.S. F.S.M. which i have modified and added some features to it.

Of course this F.S.M. is one of my best optimized functions becouse during combat it get's triggered very often by enemy A.I. to choose the right combat behaviour which fit's best to the given situation.

Also everything is customizable... It's like with the "Local" or "Global" settings same goes to my F.S.M. stuff.

The Group Link 4 sandbow was increased by 30 x 30 KM in compare to the last public Group Link 4 version i guess.

Respect to SNK man!

I'm drooling over the new features and bugfixes.

I can't wait to try this new version.

So if you need testers PM me.

aaaargh. this looks way too good. awesome work. cant wait. what's the slowdown?

Thank's guy's. :)

Well the main reason for the delay is that Group Link 4 is grow'n to a damn complex modification and testing all the different systems specially the functionality in multiplayer and J.I.P. need the main amount of time.

Thank's guy's. :)

Well the main reason for the delay is that Group Link 4 is grow'n to a damn complex modification and testing all the different systems specially the functionality in multiplayer and J.I.P. need the main amount of time.

Take all the time you need man, cause this will be top notch when it is released.