Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Hi,

2 urgent Questions. English isnt my Home Language. 1. Defend/Static Module one/Unit or one for all Groups/Units ?

2. is it possible to ignore/except complete some named Units from GL4?

THX in advance

When will Bullet Time be released?

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

I think the best inspiration you can get for bullet time effect is in Fallout 3 / New Vegas. Note how their camera takes and bobbing are amazing!

It shows the player shooting in slow motion while the sound plays in slow motion too. And camera bobbing is everything.

when i place some units far away at a base next to an empty helicopter they use it to get to my position when i call them as reinforcement but they won't land since u made it that pilots and gunners won't disembark from choppers when reaching the target location. the problem is that the helicopter doesn't drop off the reinforcement units that way.

can i disable that restriction somehow so i can make my reinforcement units use helis?

the best way would be if they would drop them off and return to their start position. but it would be also ok to have the pilot disembark and the gunner stay in maybe.

anyways i hope there's a simple solution or an already existing ebtry in the config i could change.

Re: the radio chatter...

For me the volume adjust keys (INS & HOME) don't work. In the top right of my screen I can see the chatter volume bars moving up and down as I press the keys but it doesn't make any difference to the volume I can hear.

I tried setting the default value from 0.3 to 1 in the userconfig\GL4\GL4_Radio_Chatter.sqf but that didn't work either.

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Re: the radio chatter...

For me the volume adjust keys (INS & HOME) don't work. In the top right of my screen I can see the chatter volume bars moving up and down as I press the keys but it doesn't make any difference to the volume I can hear.

I tried setting the default value from 0.3 to 1 in the userconfig\GL4\GL4_Radio_Chatter.sqf but that didn't work either.

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Sometimes it just nees to finish the "track" if you know what I mean. Then setting s you have selected will work.

Other than that I'm not sure, it works fine for me :)

Ah yes thanks I see what you mean. After you adjust it the volume change only occurs from the next track on. Only thing is is that it also adjusts the game volume, shame it's not seperated from that and works independantly. Oh well, still great to have radio chatter in air and armour though :)

I have another newbie question if I may....

I only want the radio chatter addon so I'm only using the minimum amount of files that seem to be enough to get it to work. The radio chatter .pbo, the system .pbo and the userconfig .sqf files.

I presume even without the remaining .pbo files that there'll still be some parts of this mod still active?

If so then how do I turn everything else off? I notice that there's a core.sqf file with values in for AI and a couple of other things. If I set these to false will that do it?

Thanks.

when i place some units far away at a base next to an empty helicopter they use it to get to my position when i call them as reinforcement but they won't land since u made it that pilots and gunners won't disembark from choppers when reaching the target location. the problem is that the helicopter doesn't drop off the reinforcement units that way.

can i disable that restriction somehow so i can make my reinforcement units use helis?

the best way would be if they would drop them off and return to their start position. but it would be also ok to have the pilot disembark and the gunner stay in maybe.

anyways i hope there's a simple solution or an already existing ebtry in the config i could change.

Yes, I would like to have it fixed too. Found it out just now.

Hello)

I downloaded the latest version (Group Link 4 Special FX Edition) Version: 1.1.87!

After I using this mod! (Domi map) On the map shows icons enemy armored vehicles! :(

Now I and all players see enemy armored vehicles! ( Veteran Difficulty)

How can I delete these markers? which file is responsible for this?

Thanks for any ideas and help!

SORRY!!!! No see((

:D:yay:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition How To Disable Enemy A.I. Markers:

Edited by Keshman

you are working in a new release of this great mod?

Hi,

this is really a great mod and adds so much atmosphere.

But unfortunately, continuing a saved game always leads to a black screen "receiving data...." after going to build menu at a captured base.

Am i the only one ?

Mods used: CBA, JSRS, WARFX

Have you tried save game without GL4 and then reverted? Does it work this way? I would say remove each mod, add one at a time and repeat save each time to test if its deffo this one.

Is there a way to merge GL4 AI Enhancement with DAC?

Because I love the zone dynamics of DAC and the reinforcement requests - but I also love the detailed AI behaviour of GL4 like shooting flares at night - scanning for dead bodys and then scanning the area for their murders

Also I like the "play dead" and "Surrender" scripts of GL4 - I tried to look especially for these and add them anyhow to DAC but I'm not that into scripting so I gave that up.

Is there any way to merge these things?

Is there a way to merge GL4 AI Enhancement with DAC?

Because I love the zone dynamics of DAC and the reinforcement requests - but I also love the detailed AI behaviour of GL4 like shooting flares at night - scanning for dead bodys and then scanning the area for their murders

Also I like the "play dead" and "Surrender" scripts of GL4 - I tried to look especially for these and add them anyhow to DAC but I'm not that into scripting so I gave that up.

Is there any way to merge these things?

Already done by default. Read the DAC manual and you will find this out. In order for DAC units to be using GL4 fully they need to be released from DAC at which point GL4 automatically takes over.

Direct quote from page 26 of the full readme

Because I appreciate the "Group Link4" pretty much, so I cared about to support this AI System by default.

Means that on a need released DAC groups will automatically be recognized and integrated by GL4.

SNKMAN and me, we have appointed a special group-variable, which will clearly recognize whether a group

has been generated by DAC and if yes whether this group is under control by DAC or whether she’s out of

command by DAC.

Explanation:

Each group which has been generated by DAC gets following variable assigned:

group setVariable ["DAC_Excluded", False]

The Variable will be replaced for each group which is leaving the DAC-System:

group setVariable ["DAC_Excluded", True]

I highly recommend releasing some DAC zones on occassion to mix things up, then you get a mixture of DAC and GL4 tactics which can really improve gameplay. I did make a releaser script a while back that let you perform various commands, since then I've improved it a bit but not released.

Edited by rexehuk

/sorry will stop spam

Edited by Falke88

Can anybody tell me where (which .pbo) I can find the AI Behaviour scripts? I want to read and learn about this flare script, and surpressing fire script (where Enemy AI Units stop firing and stay put if beeing under surpressing fire) also wanna look into the script for surrender and playing dead.

Where can I find these? which .pbo do I need to de-pbo

Edited by Falke88

Hey Guys,

got some probs with the mod on dedicated server. local on my pc the mod works like charm, but i didn´t get it to work on my dedicated linux server.

i got the mod over a updater script (six) on my server. keys taking place under /keys. userconfigs stay at /userconfig/gl4. tolower is made, files converted & config is written. all "//" removed on teh specific lines.

i create a folder called "gl4_settings" under /mpmissions aswell to share the configs with all players on my server. i put the config files into it and create the "init.sqf".

when i start a server local (on my PC) i got the message, that gl4 was initilized. when i login on my dedicated server (i-net) i got nothing. It seems to me, that the mod is not working correctly or even it dind´t got initialized

is there anything i have to do aswell?

thx a lot!

Flodo

Edited by flodo

Hey Guys,

got some probs with the mod on dedicated server. local on my pc the mod works like charm, but i didn´t get it to work on my dedicated linux server.

i got the mod over a updater script (six) on my server. keys taking place under /keys. userconfigs stay at /userconfig/gl4. tolower is made, files converted & config is written. all "//" removed on teh specific lines.

i create a folder called "gl4_settings" under /mpmissions aswell to share the configs with all players on my server. i put the config files into it and create the "init.sqf".

when i start a server local (on my PC) i got the message, that gl4 was initilized. when i login on my dedicated server (i-net) i got nothing. It seems to me, that the mod is not working correctly or even it dind´t got initialized

is there anything i have to do aswell?

thx a lot!

Flodo

No such thing on a dedicated server... atleast not in my experience. We run it as an AI only mod though serverside, never had a box come up. I assume you're using it on clients and server with modules?

Check your RPT... perhaps theres init msgs in there.

hey rex,

can you tell me how do you start it on your server? The only thing that´s important for me is the AI and enemy AI enhancement. i try to start it on the serverside with -@gl4 for the mod. i understand it that way, that CBA will initialise by default on this way. is that correct?

THX

hey rex,

can you tell me how do you start it on your server? The only thing that´s important for me is the AI and enemy AI enhancement. i try to start it on the serverside with -@gl4 for the mod. i understand it that way, that CBA will initialise by default on this way. is that correct?

THX

That is all you need to do. Along with the userconfigs present on the server. It just works from then on.

Best way to test is place some groups down with empty vehicles, see if they hop in and cause chaos, then you know GL4 is running.

I need help!

I tried disabling markers in GL4_global.sqf. I set this

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Map Marker:
   // ==============================================================
   // Choose if the "Map Marker" debug should be used.
   // Note: This debug creates a map marker for each enemy A.I. group.
   // True / False, default is True
     // GL4_Global set [62, False];

// Enemy A.I. Map Marker Type:
     // Choose which "Map Marker Type" should be used.
     // Note: Choose True to enable millitary markers.
     // "Dot", "Arrow", "Select", "Destroy" / True, default is True
       // GL4_Global set [63, "Dot"];

However I still get markers on all enemy squads, it REALLY breaks immersion. How can I turn it off for good? Otherwise I wont be using GL4, even though I really want.

[/color]Hi Taro,

You need to remove the "//" .

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Map Marker:
   // ==============================================================
   // Choose if the "Map Marker" debug should be used.
   // Note: This debug creates a map marker for each enemy A.I. group.
   // True / False, default is True
     GL4_Global set [62, False];

// Enemy A.I. Map Marker Type:
     // Choose which "Map Marker Type" should be used.
     // Note: Choose True to enable millitary markers.
     // "Dot", "Arrow", "Select", "Destroy" / True, default is True
       // GL4_Global set [63, "Dot"];

Many thanks, I missed that, now it works properly.

However I have another question: I have increased AI dispersion mod. Will it work if I load it last (highest priority) overriding GL4 stats (aiming shake and stuff). Or will I need to edit user configs?

Does this work with AO? Took a year off from Arma and now I'm back. This was my favorite mod but I dont have enough HD space for ARMA2 and AO.

Hey SNKMAN, I'm having some trouble figuring out how to config the mission based script init for my SP campaign? I found this post, but having trouble discerning it.

Also, how do I disable the Radio Chat that GL4 is initializing? Kinda in the way in SP, lol.

Thanks man, keep up the hard work!

Edited by TheRev709