Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Is there a way to fix this? Alter the code?

Remove slx_modweapons_c.pbo and test again. Sorry for the off-topic.

Remove slx_modweapons_c.pbo and test again. Sorry for the off-topic.

Well really not a problem.

Everything which help's sloving problems between Group Link 4 and other mod's is always very welcome. ;)

So thank's for the help and advice guy's. :)

Group Link 4 Work In Progress Videos:

--------------------------------------------

- Dynamic Setting System: ( In - Game )

The "Dynamic Setting System" allow a player to enable / disable specific features during the whole mission.

The settings which can be changed have local effect's only which means in multiplayer every player can tweak the setting's to it's own personal needs without affecting settings of other players.

Settings which can be changed:

- Blood FX

- Weapon FX

- Shell FX

- Explosion FX

- Burning FX

- Bullet Time

- Breath FX

- Real Time Debug

- Example

3IUp7FrdM6c

Great work SNKMAN, this si the realistic script i seen,

i use script-based GL4, how to set it so when enemy AI got fired at or in contacted, they go and hide/crouch/prone near wall of building or stone or grass/ trees to find cover, instead of just prone / crouch in open space?

Im back to ArmA2 and cant wait for the next GL4 version for A2 CO!

Great Mod.

The only minus is that the game feels very heavy in large high command situations - for example when in high command mode in the "Dogs of War" Mission of the original A2 campaign. It runs smoothly with the vanilla edition + latest beta patch but with GL4 it becomes tooo slow and crashes.

Great Mod.

The only minus is that the game feels very heavy in large high command situations - for example when in high command mode in the "Dogs of War" Mission of the original A2 campaign. It runs smoothly with the vanilla edition + latest beta patch but with GL4 it becomes tooo slow and crashes.

Not experienced this ever... I take it you're using it clientside? We only run GL4 serverside at HC, but can't live without it, no other AI provides the same level of immersion or difficulty.

Not experienced this ever... I take it you're using it clientside? We only run GL4 serverside at HC, but can't live without it, no other AI provides the same level of immersion or difficulty.

It was pure single player. Mods CBA and GL4 only. Playing A2 original campaign from CO

I agree. the AI is great

@All

@WWIII

The dynamic find cover feature will be available in the next version.

@Kroky

Hey nice to see you are back.

Already was a bit worried about you becouse i haven't seen you around. :)

So welcome back to the battlefield. ;)

@Whitebishop

What exactly do you mean with High Command and which High Command feature do you mean? The Group Link 4 H.C. features?

Which CPU and GUI do you have?

So far i never get my game to crash even on a very big Group Link 4 benchmark mission with more then 70 A.I. groups with 12 units in each group.

Snkman is there anyway to turn off allied and friendly force markers on the map?

Are you talking about the markers of the H.C. features?

If yes then you can disable them in the "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_High_Command.sqf" settings.

The last setting of each H.C. feature ( 3D Marker ).

SNKMAN, I see you talking about dynamic cover, can you expand on this more?

An example of this the other day, I had a huge frontline built, yet the GL4 units were coming at us over the fortifications and open ground, would the dynamic system give them preference for the sandbag walls etc?

i got annoying with blood splatter if you get hit.

What .sqf that can disable that??

how do i enable snow??

Edited by sagitarius_2k

@Whitebishop

What exactly do you mean with High Command and which High Command feature do you mean? The Group Link 4 H.C. features?

Which CPU and GUI do you have?

So far i never get my game to crash even on a very big Group Link 4 benchmark mission with more then 70 A.I. groups with 12 units in each group.

I have an Intel Quad 9300 and Nvidia GTX 275 with latest drivers and 4 GB memory running on Vista.

Arma experience is very stable in general. I have a CO installation (latest patches). Except with GL4 in certain instances. For example game freezes when I switch from heli to UAV in the open season mission of OA and game becomes very very slow in response when in Dogs of War (orignal A2 campaign) I am the general commander and try to issue commands on the units from the map.

Only modes active are CBA and GL4

@rexehuk

I had a huge frontline built, yet the GL4 units were coming at us over the fortifications and open ground, would the dynamic system give them preference for the sandbag walls etc?

Yep that's exactly what A.I. will do while using the Dynamic cover feature. ;)

Examples:

bbsR9q_QZiQ

qbKxsefL41Y

@stevedrumsdw

Yes it does.

@Whitebishop

Hmm... well your system look's fine and like you already told it run's good in general.

For example game freezes when I switch from heli to UAV.

What exactly do you mean by this? Could you explain what exactly you are doing there?

Thanks for a great mod ! I can't play without this one:D

If I run GL 4 with ACE in OA is that gonna cause issues? Just checking, thanks for the help guys.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Hi Snk,

these videos are really great.

But, a silly question:

Is this already included in 1.87, or will it be part of the next release?

Best regards from Bavaria

A.

I'm getting this error

Addon "GL4_Intro" Requires addon "Utes"

May I know what is Utes???

Also have Spinning Fire in OA, So it is not so compatable

Edited by avengerzx

I'm getting this error

Addon "GL4_Intro" Requires addon "Utes"

May I know what is Utes???

That's an island in Arma2. I assume you are running OA only :)

Any idea why the menu screen suffers a dodgy shade of green/yellow when using this mod? It's weird because in-game this weird filter is completely (fortunately) absent. Before you ask, yes I've tested it and it only occurs when running the GL4 mod.

Dynamic cover looks Very interesting! I hope it works even better in urban environment.

I noticed that GL4 AI-s leave a garrisoned buildings as soon as they come under attack, in SLX-s gl3 they seem to stay longer or forever. Would make urban combat more interesting if AIs stayed longer in buildings.

Hey SNKMAN nice feature the Dynamic cover system!

But I have a queston, is possible to expand the enchantements also to friendly AIs?

Mabye not the player-grouped AI.

I think that it's a bit unfair when my allies got killed by enemy advanced AI.

However your work is amazing, keep work !!!

:)