Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Registry files mate, it does touch them, and it buggered mine (probably a corrupt download but still did it). Some of us do know what we are doing.

That's BS, the beta patches do not touch the registry, the only registry entries for Arma2 (not including dev tools) are the install path and the game key.

I'm installing every beta patch not only on my PC but on the dedicated server too and the game just gets better with each of them.

Thanks BIS, keep it up!

2 People offer some form of advice while only 1 person agrees with me with aditional evidence, the others so far have just bragged or complained. Why am I the bad guy for taking a stand? I just want to be able to enjoy the game too!

You came here claiming that more and more people are getting that "Recieving" bug and crashes and that simple not true as fewer and fewer are getting them.

It's been proved many times in the trouble shooting forum that heat causes problems like CTD's(not sure about "recieving"). Some people refuse to accept that as could be the problem while other listen and do something about it. Some has solved the "Recieving" problem by flushing the memory, so maybe you should start reading a little in the trouble shooting forum it could pay off.

tryed the beta today for the first time. and i was thinking...trackir improved?

but i got alot of stutter every 20 sec compairs the the official 1.04 update

and it took maybe 2 min to stop stuttering

tryed the beta today for the first time. and i was thinking...trackir improved?

but i got alot of stutter every 20 sec compairs the the official 1.04 update

and it took maybe 2 min to stop stuttering

Do a disk defrag :)

It is about time that BIS started to address some of these things. I just hope that that can actually do it properly with the patching process.

I want to bring up another issue that I myself and an increasing number of other people seem to be having...

I can be playing ArmA1 or ArmA2 (SP or MP) with NO mods or addons just playing the game (with graphics set to normal even though it runs fine on high) and all of a sudden with no warning what so ever the screen will go black and then either display the word recieving and come good to keep running as normal or it stays black and all I can do is hit Alt-F4 to close the game at which point the desktop comes back up fine. There will be a small yellow warning icon on the desktop that says "Display Driver Stopped Responding And Has Recovered" but there is NO further error message unless I go searching for specific logs that basically say the same thing. I have had this problem on 2 totally different computers (one with quadcore and ATI GPU and the other with dualcore and Nvidia GPU, both systems beat the requirements too) so it can NOT be blamed on a single piece of hardware or driver on my end. Also increasingly I am hearing of more and more other people having this problem and other crashes (usually on TeamSpeak which involves a lot of swearing afterwards which then drives people to play other games for fear of damaging their systems).

This is clearly a BIS pragram that is causing this problem, they have made a mistake some where that must be pretty serious for it to cause that problem. I have NOT had a problem anything like this, now with any other game (old or new).

Yet another problem that is driving me and probably other people away from playing BIS games which are filled with bugs and errors that would have totally killed off any other game. Why is BIS getting away with this? That is 2 games in a row now that should be a lot better then what they are and there is no excuse for these kinds of problems any more.

Hi

Have you OC your videocard?

try this Tool http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ (Benchmark) and look if the black screen comes in the benchmark mode.

Sorry for my bad english ;)

Just a quick response from a few missions I play repeatedly.

I can attest to the closer formation, and zone coverage of the team. There are a few unvarying, solid encounters in some of these missions, and the new beta makes them more a challenge rather than a gamble. Covering movements (finding cover in the first place), increased ROF - dare I say suppression? Makes this game closer to a 'fire and maneuver' than a series of magic BB's.

Well done BIS! I fear being left behind now, usually everyone was a straggler out on their own. Now they move more cohesively.

:notworthy::dancehead::coop:

Is this an official BI patch

Yes. The beta patches are hosted on the official Arma2 site: Beta patches

Installing beta patches won't force you to use them all the time and you don't have to reinstall the game to get rid of them.

i have windows 7 is does that automatic

It does? Oh sorry then :)

When i had windows 7 it was manual, maybe something changed since then.

So you 2 guys cant play the game at all then?

I got that driver issue once - changed to latest drivers and it went away. Now i play hours everyday without a single problem. Performance is superb and everything is getting better and better.

I can play the game, it just randomly crashes or goes to a black screen (check the microsoft links in my origional post to see the issue described)

You say you take a stand cause you want BIS to fix things, and i think thats ok, but did you 2 guys miss the betas that are being pushed out almost everyday right now?

Yes and it started happening with a beta, so i reinstalled to 1.04 to check the beta wasnt a corrupt download and it still happens. I'll probably get the newest beta when I can be bothered lol. And yes I do have the newest ATI drivers.

Well i hope you guys get the game to work soon cause its damn fun to play it.

That I already know, been playing since OFP days ;)

I try to avoid using beta patches because I have had trouble with them before.

Have you tried the latest beta or not?

There will be a small yellow warning icon on the desktop that says "Display Driver Stopped Responding And Has Recovered" [...]

I have had this problem on 2 totally different computers (one with quadcore and ATI GPU and the other with dualcore and Nvidia GPU, both systems beat the requirements too) so it can NOT be blamed on a single piece of hardware or driver on my end. [...]

This is clearly a BIS pragram that is causing this problem, they have made a mistake some where that must be pretty serious for it to cause that problem. I have NOT had a problem anything like this, now with any other game (old or new).

If you google "Display Driver Stopped Responding And Has Recovered" you will find ALOT of people with this problem on a variety of hardware and under various circumstances, though i did not find anyone playing Arma.

RicoADF:

Ok well that sucks and i feel for you. But please gather as much info you can of this problem (RPT log and try to note exactlly when it happens), and then pass that info to BIS. Through Dev Heaven (if you already have - im sorry). Post with it your DXdiag.txt plus arma2.cfg and arma2.profile. I think as much info as possible could be good.

I just mean that instead of complaining about some problem its better to gather all info you can and report it properly. If nothing is done after that well then your entitled to get disapointed. But saying something doesnt work without providing info around the problem is going to be tough for anyone to try and fix it. It still can be your hardware/drivers/heat etc. Im not saying it is, but it can be. If it was a "normal" problem with the game then i think someone i know should have this problem, but none of them do. Not what ive heard anyway.

So my friend. I hope this problem gets sorted for you, but please leave a detailed report on it along with your system infos and im sure BIS will look into it. :)

EDIT:

I dont know what BIS made with smoke grenades but they dont lag me anymore. And grass covering units even when they stand or sit now. ARMA2 is shaping up so nicely. Good work BIS keep it going! :)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

@Odjob: One of our players experience that problem rather frequently. A few times his game will just crash normally, other times he will get that message. But, for him he will get a whiteout in Arma2, then a few seconds passes, and he's right back into the game. No restart needed. Weirdest bug I've ever heard of - a display driver recovering after crashing? Wow :D

I really like the new beta and the AI driving + formation fixes for me bring a whole new dimension into the game as maneuvering is far easier than it was before.

One small (possible) glitch I noticed, is that while playing bear rising SP mission the T-90 gunner seemed to engage only with the MG and not with the main cannon, even against other tanks, anyone else noticed?

Cheers

Crusader

A quick google and it is obvious that its not arma2 to blame.

Quickly found some links, maybe this one can help?

http://www.repairyourpcnow.com/resources/atikmdag-has-stopped-responding.php

It seems to come from a bad driver install (maybe a bad uninstall before an upgrade?). It also seems to pop up after a vista upgrade, KB952287.

Hope this help, if not to get a start in finding the problem.

i have windows 7 is does that automatic
It doesn't do it while your using any prog. It only does it a little at a time or if you have a scheduled time.

It is good to defrag after a install ect, it faster than waiting for the Win default to do it.And even then it wont optimize it best for the game ect.

@RicoADF, we call it the "Receiving bug" because that is what you see when you loose the 3D renderer. There is a huge thread on it in the Troubleshooting section.

On NVDA H/W your usual toast if it happens, on ATI H/W you may get VPU recover and be right back in the game. It seems to be gone now for all the people i play with. Newer betas, newer drivers, and newer MS updates..?

Good find andersson.

I got that 1 time with an older driver. I cleaned out those properly with driver sweeper in safe mode and then booted back to normal and cleared my registry with CCleaner (cleaned out all old video driver entrys) and then installed the new WHQL ones (191.07 in my case). And that was the first and only time i got the problem. It surely felt like a driver problem as it never came back again.

BTW, what will the next official patch number be you think? My guess: 1.06

Maybe 1.07? :)

I was recently stuffing around on Utes flying helicopters and the like. Using the Blackhawk and on normal settings it ran fine. However, after i tried loading a BLUFOR inf squad into it (no problems there, they all got in fine and approached it in formation :)) I experienced MAJOR slowdown. I have also noticed this on the "Trial by Fire" scenario. Trying to fly around with the squad in cargo made my fps drop around 10-12 frames, around half of what i normally get. After they disembarked, the frames went up again. Has anyone else experienced this?

1.08 just like in the days of arma1:cool:

Umm 1.05?

Edited by SASrecon

In beta 60141 the mouse lag is back...some mouse lag on X and very much lag on Y.

I agree with KorpeN, something is strange since beta 60091 and 60141, the mouse movement seems to be strange and lagging a bit, it just feels weird.

I have NEVER had any problems with the mouse movement in ARMA2, not in the DVD release or any other patches/betas.... now in 60091 I did notice strange mouse movement, but went into the menu to adjust it a bit lower.

I wouldnt call it lag but it just does not feel "right" or normal, something has changed, KorpeN's post reminded me of this.

Yapa

Edited by Yapab

I've only lately gotten into the beta patches, but it seems that I hear friendly radio chatter from very far away - like 2 kms or so.