Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I think because all eyes are now on Bad Company 2, It will be abit naive for BIS to start marketing their game, let BC2 get passed (which is a good game, and I ordered one) and after a month or so start OA's marketing campaign

Thats eacatly what DICE did when IW were hyping their MW2, no one mentioned or even heard about BC2, it was all about MW2, now its all about BC2, and next it should be OA, and then after that am guessing it will be MOH or Halo or Crysis 2 whatever

you get meh?

BIS Games were never that much about marketing in the past as they attracted a different fan basis.

But yep, maybe the new scenario (West <-> Insurgents) appeals more to some part of the MW front than the old East vs. West scenarios of ArmA1/2 and OFP.

BIS Games were never that much about marketing in the past as they attracted a different fan basis.

But yep, maybe the new scenario (West <-> Insurgents) appeals more to some part of the MW front than the old East vs. West scenarios of ArmA1/2 and OFP.

ArmA 2 wasn't West vs. East. It was West vs. Insurgents all the way through unless you killed Russians (which you were warned against constantly in the campaign). Through the whole campaign I didn't even encounter a Russian except in that scripted meeting.

Edited by Max Power

ArmA 2 wasn't West vs. East. It was West vs. Insurgents all the way through unless you killed Russians (which you were warned against constantly in the campaign). Through the whole campaign I didn't even encounter a Russian except in that scripted meeting.

You encounter russians if you join the NAPA forces , a mi 8 dropped MDV troops when I was trying to reach NAPA contacts and I also went against BTR 90's in the warfare mission

You encounter russians if you join the NAPA forces , a mi 8 dropped MDV troops when I was trying to reach NAPA contacts and I also went against BTR 90's in the warfare mission

Which makes sense, seeing as how the Russians were convinced that NAPA was nothing more than a bunch of violent anti-Russian terrorists. Start fighting on NAPA's side, and the Russians might no longer like you a whole lot ;)

:)

It is nice to see that you guys are looking at this topic! It is something that other devs should do also! :thumbsup: Hope there will be some news soon.

Hows weather in Everon, sith? :)

I surelly hope there will be trucks and MRAPs in OA.. I mean there must be! :(

Whats a city fight without strongly armoured cars?

HOLY SHIT

I can assure you guys, OA is a masterpiece

I got to see some secret footage of it, about 3 minutes, of some AH-64D's flying near the mountain ranges (takistan) while they were engaging some ground units with FLIR!! I creamed my khakis as how Captain Shaftoe would bluntly put it.

My Source: Dream, that's right a dream I had last night!!!! :eek: Seriously though OA looks so badass, god when the apaches flew over the mountains I thought I was actually in the helo, damn graphics are incredible!

Keep up the stellar work BIS. And no this isn't a joke. :p

Can anyone else relate? :D

Can anyone else relate?

Back in 2004, right before the release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, I had a dream that I was playing the afforementioned video game on my Playstation 2, going around Los Santos on foot wreaking havoc with civilians and local law enforcement. But, then I woke up. :(

Have the same dream NAPA are kiddnapping me every night...

Back in 2004, right before the release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, I had a dream that I was playing the afforementioned video game on my Playstation 2, going around Los Santos on foot wreaking havoc with civilians and local law enforcement. But, then I woke up. :(

Dont you hate that? When you're having the most Epic dream and then your damn alarm clock goes off! :mad:

happens to me all the time!

I hope ill have another dream about OA, that footage was excellent good thing that it didnt show me the old game page footage id be pissed. ;)

I got to see some secret footage of it

a dream I had last night!!!!

And no this isn't a joke. :p

This is or isn't a joke?

This thread isn't about people's dreams but about OA :j:

You got me excited then I read the first few lines of you post; thought you had been to some super-secret PR event...

*Regrets ever subscribing to this thread.

**Is lucky enough not to dream about a computer game and then feel the need to post on a forum about it.

***Realises he too is posting useless junk that is unrelated to the expansion announcement.

I wish only the people with real information about OA could post here, because everytime I see this thread up, I think to myself there must be a fresh news, only to end up reading someone's dreams, or the other wishing it will have this feature and that etc

Keep it real guys

Post deleted.

Edited by Laqueesha
Post deleted.

HOLY SHIT

I can assure you guys, OA is a masterpiece

I got to see some secret footage of it, about 3 minutes, of some AH-64D's flying near the mountain ranges (takistan) while they were engaging some ground units with FLIR!! I creamed my khakis as how Captain Shaftoe would bluntly put it.

My Source: Dream, that's right a dream I had last night!!!! :eek: Seriously though OA looks so badass, god when the apaches flew over the mountains I thought I was actually in the helo, damn graphics are incredible!

Keep up the stellar work BIS. And no this isn't a joke. :p

Can anyone else relate? :D

No... :rolleyes:

Maybe someone should start a new thread with OA info ONLY , an let this one be for speculations and commenting official OA info

I thought you fools already knew this was all speculation except the first post.

Go talk to W0lle if it hurts you soo badly. geez

actually he should make an OA news thread, in the "NEWS" section of the forum since you guys dont have any kind of humor...

Edited by Flash Thunder

I thought you fools already knew this was all speculation except the first post.

Go talk to W0lle if it hurts you soo badly. geez

actually he should make an OA news thread, in the "NEWS" section of the forum since you guys dont have any kind of humor...

Well, your joke did require an idea of the sarcasm behind it and any form of emotion is very hard to get across over the internet. At first I thought it was real too, until I realized it was your "dream". It was the way you wrote it.

But I agree with the new OA thread. Or, perhaps, cleaning this one out, but I would not want to wish that upon anyone, let alone the moderators. It would be like going to Hell and back. :butbut:

Cut the offtopic, stick to the original intent of the thread, if you don't have anything meaningful to post relating to the topic, don't post. End of. You've been already warned once I believe. Lasers will be fired if you keep at it.

@Sniperwolf: Good call

I think that we need some sort of basis here, anyone get any sort of news or play time, anything at all?

Faggots.

All there IS is this thread. As such, I enjoyed Flash's dream as it represents as much information as any other source :D

Faggots.

All there IS is this thread. As such, I enjoyed Flash's dream as it represents as much information as any other source :D

When a moderator gives an instruction please do not ignore it. Infraction +1

Anybody else saw that desert camo MTVR in the latest video ( when he runs through the base )?

Anybody else saw that desert camo MTVR in the latest video ( when he runs through the base )?

Which video?