Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

look a few pages back :p

its what we are all raving about

as far as the uniforms (so they are UCP?), i blame the low YT res and that damn "cinematic day" filter they put on

but what ever, they are still awesome

Is it possible to pilot the same model aswell?

What I mean is, you fly the littlebird in from a remote location, land it and have 2 units board the chopper on that spot and fly it from there.

YES

Player who occupies the pilot seat can fly it than. Also the UAV can bring some weapons and ammo as "flying ammo/weapon crate" in the hot zone.

You should probably put up an FAQ about operation arrowhead rather than having the information spread out across a 22 page thread... ;)

I spy with my little eye something that begins on G...

...a Vz.58 at 1:35 ;)

@Ohara:

Speaking of mods ... is it still up to date that players who own ArmA II can use every single PBO of ArmA II (campaign, units, islands) and/or community mods refererring to those files can use these files with Operation Arrowhead without changing any data inside the files? :)

YES. Arrowhead will work with user addons and Arma2 original addons too. New features such as Thermal Imaging textures will be not present, but the objects will work simplified in thermal (plain color like in Dragon Rising)

but the objects will work simplified in thermal (plain color like in Dragon Rising)

hahaha, as if OF: DR FLIR is simplified :biggrin_o::biggrin_o:

Thats great news about he Javelin, one little thing, i could be wrong about as i have not played much ARMA/ARMA2, so I may be getting mixed up with OFP.

The AI sometimes pulls a weapon out, say a RPG and fires it really quickly, taking very little time to aim if any, i always found that kind of weird, i guess its part of the coding, the AI acquires a armored target, switches the the anti-amour weapon has already "aimed" during the weapon select animation so fires.

Especially weird when it comes to a weapon like the Javelin, perhaps some sort of algorithm could be made to make sure the AI needs a sec or two to aim the weapon they just pulled out, and maybe a bit longer depending on the weapon, for example it could take anything from 5-8 seconds for the AI to fire the Javelins to simulate them acquiring and locking the target (real life may take longer so thats a guess :p ).

Just a thought, but the "insta-fire" im thinking about could be fixed by now, if so nevermind.

Oh lord... this looks so awsome.... finally the missing environment for some of us and the german stuff (tropentarn) looks jummy (maybe as usual? :X) i just cant wait to have the CD package on my desk

OMG, I just saw the video. BIS always makes hot videos. I love it, OA really looks badass.

By the way, is that german flag patch on shoulder at 1:37? I think so.

Thats great news about he Javelin...

The AI sometimes pulls a weapon out, say a RPG and fires it really quickly, taking very little time to aim if any....

Will be better in Arrowhead by introducing "weapon lock delay" so the advanced guidance systems will neeed some time to get lock for player and also AI.

When's it due out?

Can't wait as the patience is killing me.

Sorry if this has already been covered before but I just took a look at the Features .pdf and it states

Platform: PC DVD/Online
...due to recent DRM programs introduced by other developers, what exactly does this mean for this title?

Sorry if this has already been covered before but I just took a look at the Features .pdf and it states ...due to recent DRM programs introduced by other developers, what exactly does this mean for this title?

Most probably same DRM as Arma2.

Sorry if this has already been covered before but I just took a look at the Features .pdf and it states ...due to recent DRM programs introduced by other developers, what exactly does this mean for this title?

Well if it helps, they'll probably will do the same that they did with ArmA2, implement DRM at release and keep it for a few months and then release a patch to phase it out.

Will be better in Arrowhead by introducing "weapon lock delay" so the advanced guidance systems will neeed some time to get lock for player and also AI.

Thats greats news, these sort of things have always bugged me.

Overall OA looks like a big improvement, adding features and making little changes that should make all the difference.

Wow, that trailer was awesome! What a great thing to wake up to first thing in the morning! :D

I've got one question... Where do we throw our money so BI can have it? :p

Keep up the great work BI developers!

EDIT: Also, when the AH-64 flew through the smoke near the end of the trailer, did I see the smoke go downward from the rotor-wash? If so, AWESOME!

Edited by Ballistic09

Thanks guys...I saw that /Online qualifier and immediately Ubis' OSP constant internet connection came to mind.

btw is "Alliance forces deploy" part of the game title?

I thought it was just Arma 2: OA

btw is "Alliance forces deploy" part of the game title?

I thought it was just Arma 2: OA

It most likely indicates thats its only the start of a whole series of Trailers....:D

It says in the video description that it is the first in a series of videos :D