Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

"We have optimized the game so it runs even on low end computers, we also improved all animations, so guns wont be controlled by magic anymore, also we added three more animation types: Kalashnikov, Colt and Bolt action. We also decided to add Navy seals, Desert Marines, Physics system, Fast rope, Ac130, a Small US Based coast island, Rangers, British Units, SAS. We are also glad to inform that we have a certain hired gun from Modding Community making us all brand new particle effects.

-That'll be all. for now" :D

"Expect to be released together with Fermi" :D

One thing I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is the similarity between BIS' new HUD (now seen for some vehicles in 1.05) - square boxes tracking multiple targets (rather than just the currently selected target as a real HUD would do) and Mando Missile ArmA. Obvously the pop-up RWR visible in this latest video is another exact match, this aircraft systems upgrade seems very clearly inspired by Mandoble's work.

There's a definite nod to Mandoble in the new targeting systems :)

From my experience with BIS, you should never assume anything lol. For all we know they might have had the idea in the system for years, or maybe mando gave them permission, or maybe it's just pure fluke :)

We will never know xD

Completely agree with Das Attorney. Mando targeting is fun, intuitive, more realistic, and not hard to learn even for new people to the game.

Without wishing to come off all anti-free speech and such I'd just like to say that considering there are already 100s of threads where anyone can and do post about what's wrong with ArmA2 it would be nice (if at all possible) to try to be somewhat positive in here and focus on the good of OA, and yes I know we haven't told/shown you too much yet but you trust us right? RIGHT????? ;)

Without wishing to come off all anti-free speech and such I'd just like to say that considering there are already 100s of threads where anyone can and do post about what's wrong with ArmA2 it would be nice (if at all possible) to try to be somewhat positive in here and focus on the good of OA, and yes I know we haven't told/shown you too much yet but you trust us right? RIGHT????? ;)

Ehm.. Yeah... Sure... :j:

Signature win.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

But I think I deserve best avatar 2010 award :p

Does that mean we will see Arma 3?:yay::bounce3:

The FUTURE of combat!

That means gay mission, not Arma 3!

:p

Does that mean we will see Arma 3?:yay::bounce3:

which orifice did you pull that out of? He's clearly talking about OA, and requests people stop whining about ArmA2 in the OA thread.

which orifice did you pull that out of? He's clearly talking about OA, and requests people stop whining about ArmA2 in the OA thread.

it was a response to his sig:)

it may be a bit late in the game development for that. Sure modders will fix it if that's the case.

Yes the existing UCP looks pretty good to me already, though I'm sure that someone will always complain.

ss_preview_ARMA2_Arrowhead_ingame_shot_14.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

Edited by sparks50

I hope they stick to ACU/UCP, IMO it looks better than multicam :D

But as allways, realism ahead of my opinnion ;)

Perhaps we can have both? :D

Edited by Laqueesha

Perhaps the pitfalls of A2 will be fixed, anyways it will be a good game.

I thaught you left cause AA2 sucked so much? Im confused. Anyway too much OT...

Looking forward to whatever info we get next, and i think multicam would be great in OA seeing the island with greens and desert. But weve seen the ACU already so yeah - maybe both. :)

Yeah I'd be happy with both. The multicam adoption is pretty recent news so it makes sense that the screens of OA had ACU/UCP. I just hope they include MC since it's supposed to be set "slightly in the future".

well if MC doesn't come with the expansion upon release, there's always the chance that BIS will surprise us with additional content later on via patches.

So now, we have to wait for another 4 months for this Czech TV to bring another 10 min footage

"Oh Great BI"