Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

One of my main wishes for OA is that the general missile targeting system is revised. The Javelin, along with a new targeting system, could use the new FLIR. Oh, the possibilities..

If this Operation Arrowhead will be compatible with ArmA2?

If I recall correctly, Operation Arrowhead is compatible with vanilla ArmA 2, but will not require it.

One of my main wishes for OA is that the general missile targeting system is revised. The Javelin, along with a new targeting system, could use the new FLIR. Oh, the possibilities..

Yes, that together with FLARE and other aircraft COUNTERMEASURES are by far my biggest wishes for OA!

Not yet. Arrowhead is due in 2010... hopefully in Q1, but you never know...

When we get updates? :P

There hasn't been any official info/screens/videos since it was announced in September :/

(Ye I know there has been some Czech TV videos)

Can we trade our ArmA2 copy for Arrowhead? :p

Please BI get rid off Razor team.

Please BI go back to the good old Operation Flashpoint CWC campaign style.

Please BI use a little more scripting (like when u supose to be transported on a BRT or something and it takes 3 hours to make a left turn..)

Please BI don't let the player lead a small squad in wich the AI is retarded and dies all the time.

oh and Please BI.. put some effort in it.. please :p

Grtz

Was very happy to see Deadfast's translated OA videos. The latest ones where BIS states that FLIR will even see weapons get hotter and hotter the more they are fired. :)

Good stuff.

I want BI to ditch the gray color scale. ugh.

Huh? Go into the editor and place yourself in there. Is it grey? Or you mean just the few missions they make? There are 100x more missions out and they dont use the color filters (some do). So i feel it is a bit off to complain about a few missions being a bit "grey".

Huh? Go into the editor and place yourself in there. Is it grey? Or you mean just the few missions they make? There are 100x more missions out and they dont use the color filters (some do). So i feel it is a bit off to complain about a few missions being a bit "grey".

I think he's referring to the faux-FLIR that's actually a "grey" scale filter.

I hope I'm not reading too much into the translation when he was talking about things being more destructible. Having a greatly improved destruction-physics system would be on the top of my list if I got to choose what would get upgraded/added. I'm absolutely stoked at the idea of seeing things blow apart and watching tanks and launchers blow holes through walls.

Oh man, with major upgrades in a few key areas:

-Destruction physics

-Flight model

-AI

That would be it for me. I might have to say goodbye to playing any other game. Sign me up for the $20 monthly subscription to THAT BIS!!!

Edited by node_runner
more stuff

So now that we are in the first quarter of the new year, here's to hoping we get some new news that's official and not second hand.

So now that we are in the first quarter of the new year, here's to hoping we get some new news that's official and not second hand.

Second hand? People are just plain making shit up and speculating.

ArmA 2 units will work with the new FLIR system?

It has been discussed, and someone posted a pic\vid of it, but I don´t remember the answer...

The Arma 2 units will work in FLIR, but they will be all white/all black texture like the FLIR is in Dragon Rising, without the fancy heat spots etc of Arrowhead and VBS 2.

According to previous talk on the subject.

Second hand? People are just plain making shit up and speculating.

I mean the CzechTV and Con footage

No they won't
The Arma 2 units will work in FLIR, but they will be all white/all black texture like the FLIR is in Dragon Rising, without the fancy heat spots etc of Arrowhead and VBS 2.

According to previous talk on the subject.

Shame, like half job done =\

But thanks for the heads up.

Yes news on Arrowhead would be nice, give BIS another week to relax, they been working hard on that patch.

Hoping Arrowhead will be out in mid 2010 say June. :)

Shame, like half job done =\

But thanks for the heads up.

Yup, all the textures that make IR 'work' aren't in Arma2, but I'm sure you could find a way to put them there.

Bear in mind that not all Arrowhead stuff will be new, so it's highly probable that quite a few Arma 2 weapons and vehicles will indirectly receive a heat signature, for instance : US Soldiers, M4, Mi17, BMP2, AK47 etc...