Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Is that where BIS make most of its money? selling software to the army?

yes, vut i guess a2 was pret good in terms of sales

nevermind, just post an old video, srry.

Edited by txalin

nevermind, just post an old video, srry.

Yup, that one was old, but there should be a new vid coming from Czech TV soon.

Yup, that one was old, but there should be a new vid coming from Czech TV soon.

Is there now? Any idea how soon?

On my comment on a gray color scale, load up A1 and set up weather to max, at 630 AM on Sahrani.

Do the same on Chernarus. It is far... darker, greener, etc.

What I want in OA is this:

1. Far more things are based on the skill slider.

2. More sliders to effect more things, such as speed, piloting skills, target recognition, etc

3. Emotional states that affect all sorts of things.

4. Units that talk, like in DSAI.

5. Good driving. GOOD DRIVING. I cannot stess this more. For Ai and for players. For gods sake It is impossible to drive in these games.

6. Recoil goes BACK, not up. Like in RL.

7. Fix the weird way the game looks in general.

8. Gray Area from civy to combatant.

9. New voices that don't sound like 9 Year olds.

10. Patrolling scripts that can be placed in about 10 seconds.

11.Sim of Body Armor,and of sim of more of the things that make the US military better.

12. Make the cars driveable for us humans, please. I cannot stand driving in ArmA(s).

13. Modules that modify the behaviour of units, such as making an AT squad hit and run, vs battle troop module makes them dig in and fight. A cover usage module, smoke usage module,

14. Casualty collection, such as a medevac system.

15. Quick way to preview a single unit in the editor, cannot tell you how much easier this would make my life. Just a snapshot would be good.

16. Far greater functionality of buildings, in every way.

17. Far improved use of cover, but only by the properly trained units. Can't stress this enough.

18. IED simulation in the cities, terror attack simulations, etc.

Dayum that felt good.

Edited by Rayers12

Iam a bit tired about this USA vs Russian troops hope they will introduce totally different units and not USA or Russia again.

Iam a bit tired about this USA vs Russian troops hope they will introduce totally different units and not USA or Russia again.

They've stated multiple times that Czech Republic soldiers would be included in OA, as well as the "Takistans", and I believe I heard that U.N. soldiers would be in as well, but i'm a little foggy on that.:)

On my comment on a gray color scale, load up A1 and set up weather to max, at 630 AM on Sahrani.

What I want in OA is this:

What do you mean by 'fix the wierd way the game looks'?

Edited by NodUnit

Also, you should know that it depends on the exact date. It's darker at 0630 in winter than in summer. I also think that the engine simulates the geographical position of the landscape (VBS does, I believe), which has an effect on it too.

Date and the position of the 'island' on the globe. Locations further away from the equator will appear more dull.

5. Good driving. GOOD DRIVING. I cannot stess this more. For Ai and for players. For gods sake It is impossible to drive in these games.

And for the love of god, make the tank driver drive like a tank driver. When the commander says "Reverse" it means "Reverse, straight backwards, full speed, ASAP", not "Take her gently backwards now, but make damn sure you do not crush those beautiful petunias".

Also, make the AI able to run to direction 22.5 degrees, 67.5 etc. It looks silly how they "lock" to cardinal directions (N,NE,E etc).

6. Recoil goes BACK, not up. Like in RL.

Depends what weapon you are using, the pivot at which a rifle will recoil depends on its design, things like the AR15do have more straight back recoils but (as an example) the M1 Garand (or any weapon similar in shape) will recoil around the point at which it is being held. So much more upwards.

I played both games in july 3rd, 6:30 ingame. I found A1 to have far more (Atmospherical? )effects, especially in the earlier patches.

I meant that the FOV looks very weird, although running on all the correct channels. It looks like the view is to high up for the character I am using.

About the directions, gee I never noticed that they locked on cardinal directions. And yes that looks retarded. But I was talking about that AI can't turn corners or even stay on the road without crashing for literally their lives.

I played both games in july 3rd, 6:30 ingame. I found A1 to have far more (Atmospherical? )effects, especially in the earlier patches.

Since both islands have different coordinates its logical that its different.

I wish if we could gain these:

- return vehicle turrets as objects /weapons ((turrets _this) select 0) will return something senseful/

- vehicle cargo handling /query, remove/

- improved magazines handling and adding /magazineObject setAmmoCount count, x addMagazine ["mag",count]/

- minimalHit cfg feature working properly combined with passThrough

Ummmmmmm

InnnDEED.

You do know what it was that zGuba posted, right? Those functions would be quite useful...

His post was more on the spot than some previous ones talking about arma1 and 2. This is the OA thread. ;)