Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I wonder if the BI Studio is closed on weekends... we never seem to get any news on saturday or sunday. :confused:

I wonder if the BI Studio is closed on weekends... we never seem to get any news on saturday or sunday. :confused:

Yeah shame on them for not working when we are not... lol :p

Yeah shame on them for not working when we are not... lol :p

Well I currently don't have a job right now, so I certainly hope they're working when I'm not! :icon_lol:

This really surprises you? An office (cause lets face it, thats what it is) shut out of office hours? Madness... :p

This really surprises you?

No, not really. [sarcasm]You never know maybe they have so much fun at their job, they enjoy working 7 days a week.[/sarcasm] :p

Anyways, we should probably get back on topic:

I'm kind of wondering, will other vehicles and devices like the M-1 Abrams or the Javelin have the new FLIR system implemented? So far it's only been shown in use with the AH-64 when it uses the UAV to designate targets...

Edited by Ballistic09

Yesterday they said they were distrubuting the info, why so long?

And where can I expect to see this info, UK PC gamer or something IDK.

You seem to be missing a quite obvious point, when you show something to the press they have to then go off and write and article about it before they can print it on their website or in their magazine, it's quite rare that they would just slap up some video footage or screenshots without some write-up, usually only from game conventions does that happen, I'd be surprised if there's anything from the UK press "tour" before the end of this coming week at the soonest.

Can we get the 1st post to be a constantly updating post with all new info about OA. I have no idea what is going on with OA or if there are even game play vids or a release date or anything.

Can we get the 1st post to be a constantly updating post with all new info about OA. I have no idea what is going on with OA or if there are even game play vids or a release date or anything.

When there is info from the HQ itself im sure it will be posted in a proper place like on the ARMA2 website for example. News here are posted mostly by ourselves so it tends to be added to the last post since we cannot all edit the first page.

Discussions happens in here and its not avoidable. Would be nice with a clean thread with only relevant news but this is also the current thread for discussing Operation Arrowhead so it will get a bit messy.

Just keep an eye in here when there has been some action and you wont miss a thing - hopefully. Its just some clicks. Not too hard. ;)

I really hope Placebo is talking about the bit-tech.net ;) they are the best UK press I know.. And they like ArmA ;)

bit-tech have such an optimistic view about BIS:

(ARMA II review @ patch 1.02)

Yes, Arma II still has a fair number of bugs, yes it runs like a one legged drunken horse from time to time but no game, civilian or military has come this close to simulating the terrifying, vulnerable world of the modern infantryman. Poor bloody infantry indeed.
:D Looking forward to some more news soon!

Stand-alone expansion pack for Arma 2 is located in the final phase of development for us with a Czech named Operation Arrowhead and will soon be announced date.
source games.tiscali.cz

Yay! :yay: :cool:

Stand-alone expansion pack for Arma 2 is located in the final phase of development for us with a Czech named Operation Arrowhead and will soon be announced date.
source games.tiscali.cz

Yay! :yay: :cool:

"Final stage of development" sounds promising. :)

Can we have some information/videos about any improvements to the AI?

/KC

It would sound better and more promising with "We fixed + squeezed most bugs and issues that are still in Arma2, thanks to our still loyal and attentive players!". :p

They should really start to release some Screenshots and Stuff...

Naw, it'll be more of a better suprise when it comes out :p

(positive or negative suprise)

Yep you would think that if a game allready is in "the final phase of development", there would be _much_ more promotion. I'm not talking about tv spots, I know BIS doesn't has that kind of money, but regular reports and small trailers a trainee can put together once a week might attract people and keep them "attached" I guess.

Small videos like e.g. the character videos for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age, one per week seemed succesful in attracting the fans and I dunno why BIS doesn't seem to be interested in building up some suspense.

Edited by Icewindo

Yep you would think that if a game allready is in "the final phase of development", there would be _much_ more promotion. I'm not talking about tv spots, I know BIS doesn't has that kind of money, but regular reports and small trailers a trainee can put together once a week might attract people and keep them "attached" I guess.

Small videos like e.g. the character videos for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age, one per week seemed succesful in attracting the fans and I dunno why BIS doesn't seem to be interested in building up some suspense.

If only we'd thought of something like travelling to the UK to meet with the press to have them view the game for previewing in their magazines/websites :yay:

If only we'd thought of something like travelling to the UK to meet with the press to have them view the game for previewing in their magazines/websites :yay:

You dont need to travel anywhere, just update your bloody website!:mad:

meh don't bother placebo, people are always complaining about the lack of media and as soon as those videos/screenshots show up people are going to start the usual "OMG Feature XYZ that I personally sent an email to Marek about is not included.... shame on BIS"

Personally I am much more relaxed (more than say when I was waiting for ArmA II release). Because ArmA II now is at such a stage (with patches and mods) that I am having so much fun playing it even with the official campaign, that I am not really concerned with when does OA releases.

Obviously that doesn't mean I wont snatch it as soon as it is available :D

But common people relax and enjoy what we have for now...don't tell me you cant live without proper FLIR for a while :rolleyes:

You dont need to travel anywhere, just update your bloody website!:mad:

We tweeted, what more can you want????? ;)

I want a pony with a TOW launcher mounted on it....

yeah.....

...oh and a pizza.