Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

This is why I will wait to buy Combined Operations from retail.Took me 5 hrs to download Arma2 from steam last night.Steam is getting worse and worse speed wise.

Have you considered the speeds are due to the massive sales currently on Steam and the thousands and thousands of people buying cheap games and hogging up so much bandwidth, not a general degradation of Steam's servers?

Trivial thing: anyone noticed how the US Army Grenadier's t-shirt morphed from green to tan? Take a look at the older pics and compare to now. Makes it less fitting for Chernarus :(

I just installed OA on my server using sprocket stuff and I just noticed there's no arma2OAserver.exe

I know the server won't work, but I'd like to get it configured FOR release.

Trivial thing: anyone noticed how the US Army Grenadier's t-shirt morphed from green to tan? Take a look at the older pics and compare to now. Makes it less fitting for Chernarus

Most- if not all, U.S. Army soldiers wear tan t-shirts under their ACU shirt in every environment. ;)

Have you considered the speeds are due to the massive sales currently on Steam and the thousands and thousands of people buying cheap games and hogging up so much bandwidth, not a general degradation of Steam's servers?

Yes,this is what I think is happening also.Its still a degredation of Steam's services.With the huge profit they are making selling games at retail cost without having to supply shipping and actual product they can really add more servers.:eek:

Anybody else having issue connecting to Sprocket via confirmation email or direct link for pre-load? Alls i keep getting is connection errors. Thanx.

Anybody else having issue connecting to Sprocket via confirmation email or direct link for pre-load? Alls i keep getting is connection errors. Thanx.

it took me awhile , the servers are pretty much flooded but you will get in .

I just installed OA on my server using sprocket stuff and I just noticed there's no arma2OAserver.exe

I know the server won't work, but I'd like to get it configured FOR release.

Oh dear now this could be a problem, a big problem

only fuel handlers are authorized to ware the green undershirt :p

does not stop some guys though. if there is a petty unnecessary gripe, its that those t shirts are too long. our undershirts have very short sleeves :P

Oh dear now this could be a problem, a big problem

yeah I hope some light gets shed on this real soon. Don't want to be having issues when it's released.

just innstaled the sprocket dl, added to a2, and i see that the arma2server.exe is changed during the install, so i guess the server files are there? just named the same?

Not super on-topic, but is the ACU really an allterrain uniform? I mean, can i use the ACU guys from OA on Chernarus without "breaking the realism"?

Nope, ACU is made for all terain types (desert, woodland, etc.) Now whether it's effective is a different debate!

Would like to get the server going too...

Nope, ACU is made for all terain types (desert, woodland, etc.) Now whether it's effective is a different debate!

So its totally plausible to have the ACU guys rolling around Cherna.

Hmm, does terrain and building features have thermal maps in OA? Heating up during day or cooling down during sunsets, possibly even creating a crossover problem? If so, is there a tremendous difference using TI in Takistan versus Chernarus?

was looking forward to this release as an Arma (all varients) fan - but a bit disappointed to read its a standalone addon and not an expansion - so those of us that are already Arma 2 owners - get no discount whatsover ?

do we assume Arma 2 original will still be supported with regards to patches ?

I'm sure it will. Personally, I don't see too much to fix.

to be fair Fox the game has been patched quite a bit - so I sort of agree

biggest upgrade for them to do would be to sort the engine out - microstutters etc really spoil the realism forme - so hoping that will be partially fixed in Arrowhead, I don't have an I7 - but do have a heavily overclocked Q6600, and lots of RAM - installing a SSD today though so that may improve Arma :)

was looking forward to this release as an Arma (all varients) fan - but a bit disappointed to read its a standalone addon and not an expansion - so those of us that are already Arma 2 owners - get no discount whatsover ?

do we assume Arma 2 original will still be supported with regards to patches ?

*facepalm*

yea, you get it at a discount. its like 30-40 bucks. BAM.

inform yourself before you open your mouth....

what an unfriendly reply ! nice to see the community in full action again !

Finally the Judgement day is around the corner.We can witness the greatness of this game in a matter of hours.Cant wait to get my hands on it