Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I searched this thread but couldn't find anything so I hope this question wasn't asked before:

Will players of the expansion pack be able to play on "pure" ArmA2 servers?

Or better, will expansion servers include everything from the original game so the original exe becomes redundant?

The latter is hard to imagine since it's a standalone expansion, but well, BIS is always good for some surprises :D

A "game-linking option" would rock :yay:

Waaaaaitt.. Backwards compatible, more fixes, more units, MORE MAPS, MOAR FEATURES!?!?!

More trackIR, triplehead :yay:

This sounds like exactly what we need to split the community in two and not fix everything wrong with Arma2. How about before expanding it, you fix what used to work in Arma1?

I'm really sorry to ask you this but...

Are you that stupid or did it cost you some effort to ignore several posts in this thread which said that ArmA2 will see more bugfixes and patches while the Expansion is under development?

Oh yes, let me see... they make a new campain while they arent able to fix the A2 campain? Erm, Im not wondering that peeps find this a bit ... strange..

But hey, maybe the guys who made the broken campain also make the new one. And the others who try to fix it might fix the new one afterwards, too...???

Division of work is a hard nut to understand...

Edited by Zothen

After spending one hour of my life reading this thread I can only say:

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :)

Good move BIS. :thumb:

I was gonna comment but I am tired of all this and I just asked myself why even bother. I give up.

Maybe they are making it stand alone to combat piracy? But I would like it better if it was integrated with Arma2 to avoid having to constantly load between. Unless of course they add so much content to the expansion that it would only make sense to have it seperate from the original.

It has been officially said that ArmA2 content can be used in Arrowhead, so if you play the Expansion online you can play on Chernarus with ArmA2 content at the same time. No need to switch between the two except you want to play on ArmA2 only servers.

Well, I'm intrigue with Arrowhead... Nothing's wrong with my ARMA2 copy... hope they left warfare out of the campaign this time around...

Had hope for a jungle map personally, but that would surely become a resource hog, so I guess I wont mind with Takistan desert

It sounds to me like arrowhead is a totally new game, but on the same engine. Maybe they are going to make a complete overhaul?

Oh i love speculation :p

Right now i need something that is going to stop me from shelving Arma 2, this might be it!

Good to hear about the expansion.

I would normally be very excited about an expansion but that will only ever happen if i get to play as russians too as many other people would.

Hope BIS have some type of russian expansion planned for the other half of the world to envy.

Or maybe AH will offer playing as Russians too, guess we will soon find out

I feel very betrayed by BIS making this a standalone expansion. If they'd done it as a plug-in type expansion ala QG for Arma1, I would be totally overjoyed. I feel like now my purchase of the original Arma2 has been somehow devalued because there's now presumably going to be NO FREAKING POINT in owning it over having just the expansion. This really annoys the frak out of me, having made a point of supporting BIS over two games, I feel like they've just milked me a couple months ago, but now they want to sell me a new campaign as a new game. I understand releasing new content, hell I was jumping up and down for a Takistan expansion, I thought it would be great. But not like this, not as a standalone. I do have some questions that I didn't think I'd seen asked in the rest of the thread.

To Devs: Will Operation Arrowhead have a fully featured editor exactly the same as Arma2? If so, will you be able to access the units from Arma2 (if you own Arma2 and have it installed) in the editor? If not, will you be able to use the units from the expansion in the editor of the original Arma2? (again presuming you own both)

Edited by r3volution

r3voluition

U can't use arma 2 units/campaigns in expansion unless u have thge original game. It goes vice versa too.

It will also fix arma 2 up as the patch updates come out for expansion. Basically it will help arma 2 out

Edited by vasmkd

You sir have obviously very poor reading skills. It has been said multiple times perpage that If you have ArmA2 then all of its contents will work in freaking AH

I would like to propose just locking this topic, and having some dedicated member of the community gather all the the pertinent and CORRECT information is a single stickied thread

The bit that I'm peeved about, is that if Arrowhead has a fully functional editor then I just paid 70 bucks a couple of months ago for Arma2, which then becomes just a very expensive unit pack for the Arrowhead editor. Which to me is a bit rich. If Arrowhead doesn't have a fully featured editor, thats cool, Arma2 still has a purpose on its own, otherwise I'm going to feel a bit like I've been milked twice for kinda the same product (the mission editor). This is broadly the point of my last post.

Damn...is this thread going to be over 500 pages long also?

I need a day off work just to read 1 day and catch up.:butbut:

Luv it, and looking forward to AH ;)

Definitely looking forward to this. Makes me eager to see what the new engine functionality/features might be... :)

I'm confused.

Isn't a "stand-alone expansion" a new game?

If it doesn't require a previous product, how can it be an "expansion"?

Looking forward to seeing more screenshots. I like the idea of being able to kill a few Durka Durkas.

Definitely looking forward to this. Makes me eager to see what the new engine functionality/features might be... :)

Me too

Because it means original game should get them, well id'e think so

I wondered if this means most of the bugs would be fix or things like "actural" FLIR or tank FCS etc is added in the expansion just like what OFP:R did(which is something that ARMA:QC haven't done). if they do add a bunch of new features (and hopefully game enigne fix)then i think it will worth to buying both, but if not......well i think you know what i am about to say...

like what OFP:R ...

The best part of "R' was being able to drop weps/ammo and fill up vehicles with them. I can only imagine todays technology.

Me too

Because it means original game should get them, well id'e think so

I think it was stated differently, mate. In the sense that arrow head would have new feaures/functionality which was not backwards compatible. That is what I understand. Or you need to have at least Arrow Head to make use of it in the original.

I think it was stated differently, mate. In the sense that arrow head would have new feaures/functionality which was not backwards compatible. That is what I understand. Or you need to have at least Arrow Head to make use of it in the original.

Hmmm, maybe ur right.

I assumed the patches would take care of the new features/functions and patch the engine and the new features/functions would not work in the old campaign but be available for mods etc in the original

Can a dev or mod please rectify this please.

If for example those features are ability to open cargo doors, shoot/move in vehicles that should be applied to the original too in my view even thou it may not be any use in original campaign but be there for user missions or other addon campaigns made by users etc

Edited by vasmkd