Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Nice update Xeno :cool:

I was about to ask for your permission to use some parts of Domination in a mission i'm making but i can understand from what your saying thats okay :)

Thanks for all the hard work, Xeno. Hope your wife fully recovers quickly.

Thx Xeno, all the best to you and your fam.

To the rest: Could someone pls tell me what file to edit to make promotions harder? want the point trippled atleast

Hope you wife recovers soon Xeno and i think i speak for all of us, if i say that your work changed ArmA + ArmA2!

Hope you wife recovers soon Xeno and i think i speak for all of us, if i say that your work changed ArmA + ArmA2!

Well said, Best wishes for you and your family XENO!

Where do the files go?
Since they are missions the .pbo files they go in the:

- ArmA2\MPMissions folder for (coop or multiplayer) <--- This case.

- ArmA2\Missions (for singleplayer)

- ArmA2\Campaigns (for campaigns)

So in the folders where u installed ArmA2. If any of those folders doesn't exist just create them.

Great update Xeno, thank you very much! And of course, best wishes for you and your loved ones.

Your idea to add new art attack SADARM and Satellite View very good :ok: Thanks for new Domination2. Mission super! :yay:

Oh man, only stringtable.csv being equal? How do you find the time? I mean, job, ACE, Domination fixes, Domination new version, probably a little gaming as well, and to top it all off, a family who needs you. Seriously, how? :D Amazing update, but too much changes from my version to even try to merge, not without OA/ACE3 anyway.

My best wishes regarding your wife.

Some immediate quick stuff, without really having played more than a few minutes:

MHQs must get deployed now before someone can teleport or use the other features, boxes can still be dropped

Good, except I wasn't able to respawn or teleport, said it wasn't deployed. But I had already deployed, and used its satelite view feature (great stuff). Edit: Strike that. Been trying tonight without any respawn problems. Had some desync and lag, maybe that could cause problems. Leave it be for now.

You should search the bodies of dead main target mission units (officer, other units), maybe you'll find some usefull information that will help you (not available in the TT version)

That was next on my list to get back from Dominatrix. Looking forward to see how you solved it.

New targets and side missions are always great news. Need to try out the new sides.

SAT view (from Vienna) added, available at MHQs

Does it take overcast into account? Was kinda cloudy and I had full view. Not sure how it can be done though.

Added SADARM to artillery

Brilliant. Laser/Copperhead next? :) I don't think SADARM and Laser/Copperheads should be freely available though. HE and DPICM (more like APICM in Dom though) are still what the guys carry in great supply, compared to exotic munitions. Maybe as a reward system. I.e. 4 SADARM rounds per new main target start, 2 two lasers/copperheads per new main target start where no collateral damage was imposed on the last target?

Wrecks of vehicles you've got for solving sidemissions, etc, will now get deleted after an hour (default) if nobody brings them to the wreck repair point, can be changed or disabled in the server lobby

Nice idea. Get the vehicle fixed in time can make for some nice additional user generated objectives.

Dom uses now kbTell/BIS talk system to broadcast most of the serverside messages (including speech for some messages)

Noticed that as artillery operator. Always wondered how that was done, Even get the incoming sounds, without adding files to mission. Nicely done. Will get copied in order to make my own version smaller.

Automatic teamkill kick added. If a player reaches a specific number of teamkills (number can be changed, default is 10) he gets kicked automatically. If the player then joins again and does another team kill, well, immediate kick, and so on...

Amazing. Didn't even know that was possible. But that means you can enforce limited lives on a player? I.e. you only get to die 4 times per remaining main targets, if you try to connect after that, you can force him into spectator mode. Had something like that in Dominatrix using modified revive (became seagull after # of lives spent).

Added admin dialog for logged in admins, accessable via Status Dialog. There an admin can reset teamkills and ban or kick a player. The position of the player is shown on an embedded map control plus some other info.

Very nice. Why not extra buttons for "Spectate player" and "Spectate Normal" from this menu instead of using action menu? Maybe even lock vehicle could be done within this menu?

As long as the anti air radar at base isn't destroyed you can track enemy air movements on the map

Nice. How about also an anti artillery radar? With that up, we get (earlier, thank you) warning when arty is incoming. When downed we get no such warning. You could also have similar stuff for AI, using sidemissions to take out these things. Using allGroups, it seems easier to create a response pattern for enemy AI during incoming shelling. For anti air radar, a simple reveal might do the trick (their planes probably knows everything anyway). Disabled when the side mission is solved.

Internal vehicle handling rewritten, initial base vehicles/choppers are initialized completely different now

Haven't looked yet, but do you know if this new method is custom loadout and JIP friendly? Has always been a thorn in my side.

Allmost all call compile formats removed and replaced with either missionNamespace/object getVariable (specially in the revive version) or with better coding

Great news. Call compile format = my greatest enemy still :)

Code for showing player names above a unit optimized

Didn't get to try it yet, btu any chance of getting this method in ACE? I really don't like having to aim at somebody just to see who he is. As I play without crosshairs, aiming (especially in a hurry) is not that trivial. We now use sthud as a backup (all aids turned off on server).

New TeamStatusDialog version added (cleaned up and optimized)

Looking good. Noticed the coordinates are finally correct. Maybe you should add a proper grid readout during artillery/drop request as well, instead of coordinates?

Player names now also get stored when a player leaves a server. A message will show up if a player connects with a different name including a log entry into the server rpt

Lol, and completely awesome :) Nice way to catch some of the bad guys still around.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Bugfix Release 2.02

Changelog:

• Fixed, medic points in the ranked version for normal healing and mash healing (more animatons checked now, check distance for mashes increased, exploit removed)
  • Changed, when spawned, MLRS and BM21 magazines get replaced with the ones available in the ARTY module
  • Changed, using setPosATL now to move the players to the MHQ. Sometimes players ended standing on the camo net
  • Changed, the ACE versions do now use the same spectating script as the normal versions. ACE dev repo has allready the fixed specating version, but it isn't available in the stable ACE release yet. Should make admins happy again
  • Fixed, player names (above head) from players that disconnected stayed forever on the screen
  • Fixed, winter weather is now completely controlled by the server so every player should see the same winter weather
  • Fixed, placed objects and in the revive version markers of disconnected players didn't get removed (typo in the variable name of the precompiled function)

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

Very impressive work, Xeno.

I had also the same satellite view enabled in our version prior this release.

However with new version I'm having difficulties implementing again the [R3F] logistics & artillery which we had on previous version (ours).

It's now so different that I can't pinpoint why it won't work. I copy/pasted all from previous version to new one just as they were. (in init.sqf and description.ext).

Although I haven't tried transferring it to dedicated yet to try if it works in there...

Is it necessary to run the *bat file after each change or only with certain files modified?

Although I have yet to find a body with a "search body" action, I like really much what I see in the scripts. Looks kinda familiar :D

Something strange happened to me while playing. An SU came in and killed me while being infantry. Then it just left the area. It should stay in the area for a few minutes (5-10?), and then leave for his next CAS mission or refuelling or whatever. I really like the idea that they cannot stay forever in the area, hazzling us forever without having any chance of doing anything about him. Or maybe something bad just happened to him, don't know.

When I run the new version of this mission my game crashes to desktop after about 30 seconds. Anybody else see this behavior? I've no doubt its local to me but wondered if anyone else is having bother.

Im running latest CBA, ACE2, ACEX, SoW, TRSM, MMA. I'll try removing all mods except CBA + ACE related and report back. My initial hunch is perhaps its something to do with the snow effects.

Or maybe something bad just happened to him, don't know.

That's part of the fun. I was on a drive to a main target yesterday and saw some smoke (thanks JTD) so I went to check it out. There was a downed Su-25 and I have no idea how it went down.

Thanks Xeno, best wishes.

Is artillery disabled in the ACE version? I'm not seeing any call action menu (on any of the slots).

Is artillery disabled in the ACE version? I'm not seeing any call action menu (on any of the slots).

I haven't seen it in ACE either. 2.01 or 2.02

I haven't seen it in ACE either. 2.01 or 2.02

Same here.

Looked thru the code and don't see where it's disabled anywhere obvious.