Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

100 pages! 1000 Replies! :butbut: Domination forever :bounce3: :D

domination.jpg

Hmmm. In my 1.27 West Chernarus game, my squad leaders lose their squad control after a respawn. My squad leaders have arty capabilities and they retain those, but they lose the squad icons in the bottom left corner.

Any thoughts?

Something like the following should help:

if (_isLeader) then {
    (group player) selectLeader player;
    {if (_x != player) then {_x doFollow player}} forEach units (group player);
};

Xeno

Thanks for that, Xeno. We are currently using this line, in both x_setupplayer and x_playerrespawn.

_p  = player

if (name _p in ["alpha_1","bravo_1","charlie_1","delta_1","echo_1"])then { (group _p) selectLeader _p; };//spaff script to keep slot one as SL

This doesn't seem to work reliably. Sometimes the script bombs out. When a squad leader JIPs, he doesn't get the intro movie which suggests to me x_setupplayer has broken down.

Why do you use doFollow?

What we have found so far (but have only tested with 3 blokes in the server) is making the squad leaders a higher rank in the mission.sqm.

Edited by Tankbuster

name player doesn't return the player variable name but the player ingame nick, like "Tankbuster".

str(player) will return "alpha_1", "bravo_1"...

doFollow is nice for AI, and as I wrote, "something like the following".

Xeno

str(player) will return "alpha_1", "bravo_1"...

AHA! That's why it won't work. Many thanks, mate. :)

Bugfix Release 2.10 :))

Tnx, master!

I would like to get some more feedback for the Two Teams TT PvP version.So please give it a try and report back, ty.

On our server (217.199.212.71:2506) this version turns around the clock. We shall try to give a maximum information.

PS. On file ...\x_client\x_weaponcargor_ace.sqf error on AT rank doth sides:

// capain launchers

In result the teams make errors of delivery of the weapon for the senior ranks (after the captain).

Edited by Varga

We have some problem of a weapon balance. There is usual situation in ranked TT than 1-2 players of one team spend a hours to own level-up before opposite team will come. It's OK, but they drop advanced guns at flag for own team and even private can take weapon of Captain, Major or Colonel. Then both teams will start game in full quantity, one side has so strong advatage.

I understand that is server organisation problem but is it easy to lock hand weapon for not valid panks too?

Just check the i_xxx.sqf files in the mission main directory.

You'll find it, even point loss for a killed player

I went thought the scripts and I found point loss for teamkills and points gained for killing other team.

What Im looking for is a death penalty in the ranked game - Such as when you Rambo and get killed you lose 10 points.

Thanks!

What Im looking for is a death penalty in the ranked game - Such as when you Rambo and get killed you lose 10 points.

Try harder, you'll find it :)

Tip:

// gets subtracted from your current score if you die (must be a negative value, only valid in the ranked version)

d_sub_kill_points = 0;

@Starshina

Shouldn't be a problem to restrict weapon usage even more in the ranked version ;)

Xeno

one feature I would love to see on ACE TT would be the Ace Wound System if its not to much trouble (I guess we could just do it on our own though) other than that we saw no balance issues and it plays great.

Cheer's ChefD

one feature I would love to see on ACE TT would be the Ace Wound System if its not to much trouble (I guess we could just do it on our own though)

I think I'll add a parameter (server lobby) to activate it.

other than that we saw no balance issues and it plays great.

Good to hear.

@all

If you have more ideas, let me know.

I still haven't played the TT version yet.

Xeno

Hello) I have one question about the mission Domination ACE East AI. Who knows how to add this idea!

Sometimes chopper MH60S drop in base troops! Is possible to add from MH60S! 1 more support chopper AH1Z. Will be interesting! One chopper drop in base troops! second covert! first MH60S :) Waiting for your help :pray:

// enemy parachute troops transport chopper
d_transport_chopper = switch (d_enemy_side) do {
case "EAST": {["Mi17_rockets_RU"]};
case "WEST": {["MH60S"]};
case "GUER": {["Mi17_Civilian"]};

Thx. Kesh)

Edited by Keshman

@all

If you have more ideas, let me know.

I still haven't played the TT version yet.

IMHO need:

1. 2 small transport chopper (LittleBird, on both teams)

2. Small set simple transport vehicles - bikes, ATV, jeeps etc (without the weapon!!).

3. 1-2 miner vehicles with small stock of mines - AT and AP.

4. For AI-side need air support, same as well as in simple Domi, 1-2 MG nest and arty-camp.

5. Ranked weapon requires to reconsider - now the balance is strongly displaced aside the red team, having heavy and ÐТ weapons on 1-2 steps earlier, than blue team.

6. Need to provide an opportunity of the passing of night a server. Not acceleration of time, namely exception of night of fighting work. It is to sleep at night:)

7. To change delivery of bonuses for an overall objective and side-missions - now all this it is too monotonous. However, it can be made it:)

8. The good idea - to have drop with the parachuter bags with arms (backpack attach to parachute??) which it collects on base and load in the helicopter.

9. The weapon dumped on the ground should disappear!! The situation when one colonel distributes to all private soldiers on Javelin, already oppresses.

9. The weapon dumped on the ground should disappear!! The situation when one colonel distributes to all private soldiers on Javelin, already oppresses.

This is allready fixed in my internal version. You can't pickup any weapon that your rank doesn't allow (ranked version).

Xeno

How about some static AT for the base? Right now it has some ok AA defenses, but the AI has little-to-nothing to deal with the enemy armor that likes to roll in shortly after mission start.

This is allready fixed in my internal version. You can't pickup any weapon that your rank doesn't allow (ranked version).

Cool!:-) Waiting....

The next portion of problems ТТ mod:)

1. The system of automatic landing frequently results the plane not on the his airfield, or on central fild near Vybor, used in Domi by default.

2. Side-mission with the officer in Kamyshovo (x_m12) has problems at performance. If on area impact by artillery has been preliminary put, rockets or bombs - the officer (target) cannot be found in camp. It somewhere shouts, swears, but it physically there is not present. Underground stealth-officer:)

PS.

For all history of game of this TvT map of any teams NEVER it was possible to execute mission of Ñ…-m3 ("enhanced tank version at Pobeda-Damm"). Blew up the tank an explosive, shoot from RPG and ÐТ-missile, bombed and rockets from planes - result always one: "The sidemission target died due to a tragic accident".

3. Targets not covering by the ÐÐ rocket weapon, only barrels. It allows the attacking team to use aircraft bravely almost. Sometimes on object work on 2-3 ZU - but what they can oppose promptly attacking at small height Ð-10 or Su?

4. Points of bonus vehicles and aircrafts on airfields so small and placed bonuses in a heap of the play with targets more 12. In result they vehicles are created one on another and blow up at attempt to take away.

5. Need air stations conveyors for towage aircrafts on hangars.

6. Camouflage tents on MHQ frequently are visible from apart, and is much farther, than a staff WITHOUT them.

7. Quite often AI are generated inside buildings and or undermine itself at a shot, or them it happens it is impossible to find (if the structure is closed).

8. Very few the pedestrian patrols. It makes moving on roads practically safe, that is not so correct. Armored patrols frequently can be found out from the big distance on their chaotic throwing on district and dusty trail, that enables to bypass them.

9. In cities there is no civil technics (cars, buses etc), that at whithout HALOjump complicates evacuation (air-taxi was not possible to cause never!! even a rank of the major - leader).

10. Need to change a script of bonus technics for more various result. Now he can give out successively 3-4 one type device over and over again.

11. Sometimes targets, for which both teams are at war, give bonuses also to both parties. And quite often the party which has less scores, receives even more serious bonus technics than that has directly executed the purpose.

It is very serious mistake allowing even 1-2 humans, taken only 1 camp in the city, completely released by the opponent, quickly to die, but to receive to itself a serious bonus. Or "kamikadze" one team sends in cleaned city of the condemned man with an explosive which blows up a tower, a jeep or camp at the moment of its capture are frequent - and by that gives the party the same result, as grasp city team.

12. Russian NVG no adjustment of brightness. Fight at night for "red team" is practically impossible.

Edited by Varga

Anyone make a ACE version of the Carrier one they would like to share? :)

The following problems:

1. After loading and a unloading from aircraft range view is reset on defolt (1500 m). The same occurs at parachute jump from a board of the flying helicopter under the control of the player. Loss of time for re-adjustment is very great and frequently can lead to to death.

2. Ballistic calculator (armour) works incorrectly - an error more than 7% on kilometer of range.

3. MLRS\Grad it is necessary to remove from a bonus - their action dreadfully for mode TvT, and they are given out much. It is better to replace them on ÐÐ-6 GAU, Bradley, BMD, Vulcan or Gaskin for example.

4. In boxes the huge quantity of useless property for such game (stones, nails, grenades, 5-6 kinds practically identical backpacks etc) - uses of the list happens very tiresomely.

5. After transition of the player on the one hand on another within the framework of one current game to it scores cease to be charged. Even general (for missions), even if it occurs in 4-6-8 hours after last game for the other team. Its very serious problem:-(

PS. As a whole a scoring-problem on ТvТ rather serious. From time to time offset of score to this or that player simply stops. Frequently it renews (begin) only after make mission by him players direct. Today I and have won back - and the beginnings, and have finished game with 148 score, having in statistics only on the current map 88 killed AI and 4 humans.

Edited by Varga

My team had a problem using Domination II 2.08 West Revive ... we played a sidemission (capturing flag at Bor). I played the artillery officer 1, took the russian flag and got shot and respawned at the mobile respawn 1. The flag returned to the flag pole. Once I took the flag a second time and brought it back to the airport, the russian flag disappeared. However the side mission wasn't solved. :(

Seems like the revive music didn't work too: Music unc_theme not found

Another problem shown by the ArmAII.rpt:

Error in expression <as setMarkerPosLocal getPosASL _ap;
_as setMarkerTextLocal (switch (d_show_playe>
 Error position: <setMarkerTextLocal (switch (d_show_playe>
 Error setmarkertextlocal: Typ Bool, erwartet Zeichenfolge
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\x_client\x_marker.sqf, line 24

It is the old problem available in any version. Flag it is necessary to take, keep and bring on base (not teleport!!), without damages, it return on mission place again.

Some times we lost the player carrying flag together with vehicles on road to base. If the flag has not been damaged - mission ended without problems. If it got in fragments of vehicle or by what that in other damaged - mission has been failed.

Conclusion: to kill on mission iall AI that anybody could not kill you.:-)

The following problems:

1. After loading and a unloading from aircraft range view is reset on defolt (1500 m). The same occurs at parachute jump from a board of the flying helicopter under the control of the player. Loss of time for re-adjustment is very great and frequently can lead to to death.

Can you try to disable your automatic view distance mod? Not a mission issue, I don't think. (I can't get to DH to check the latest mission code atm) Once set, the VD normally stays the same unless you have an addon that is messing with it. (instant viewdistance, fpshelper, etc)

2. Ballistic calculator (armour) works incorrectly - an error more than 7% on kilometer of range.

That sure sounds like an ACE issue, not a mission issue. The ballistic calculator is a part of the ACE tank fire control system. (FCS)

3. MLRS\Grad it is necessary to remove from a bonus - their action dreadfully for mode TvT, and they are given out much. It is better to replace them on ÐÐ-6 GAU, Bradley, BMD, Vulcan or Gaskin for example.

Edit i_common.sqf and remove/add what you want to the part under d_mt_bonus_vehicle_array = (

in the section that looks like this:

#ifdef __TT__
[
	["AAV","LAV25","HMMWV_M2","HMMWV_MK19","HMMWV_TOW","MLRS","HMMWV_Avenger"],
	["BMP3","BTR90","GAZ_Vodnik","GAZ_Vodnik_HMG","UAZ_AGS30_RU","GRAD_RU"]
]
#endif

to

#ifdef __TT__
[
	["AAV","LAV25","HMMWV_M2","HMMWV_MK19","HMMWV_TOW","HMMWV_Avenger"],
	["BMP3","BTR90","GAZ_Vodnik","GAZ_Vodnik_HMG","UAZ_AGS30_RU"]
]
#endif

Although, if teams can still use static guns like m119's and D30's, there isn't much difference eh?

4. In boxes the huge quantity of useless property for such game (stones, nails, grenades, 5-6 kinds practically identical backpacks etc) - uses of the list happens very tiresomely.

Edit x_client\x_weaponcargo_ace.sqf or x_weaponcargor_ace.sqf if ranked mode.

If you want a super custom version of the mission, probably you're going to have to work on it yourself like the rest of us do. There is plenty of info in this thread about how to edit, and most likely someone that you play online with knows how to edit if you don't, ask around.

Edited by oktane

Can you try to disable your automatic view distance mod? Not a mission issue, I don't think. .

I tried only the ÐСЕ, ÐСЕ+FPShelper, ÐСЕ+gdt_aircraft_viewdistance.

Result everywhere one. In version Domi 1.39 (without smooth adjustment of range) such it is observed.

Edit i_common.sqf and remove/add what you want to the part.....

... Although, if teams can still use static guns like m119's and D30's, there isn't much difference eh?

Yes I can adjust it, for personal use. And I have made.

But this excellent map works on very many servers and it would be desirable that this parameter was more balanced.

I am always ready to tunning - we always play with my friends on a map from Xeno (respect!), but with my version ranked, bonuses etc. But this my view which is probably not conterminous to opinion of authors and community. Therefore it would be desirable for it to discuss and make a map better.

Edited by Varga

Is there somesome system what defines which bonus vehicles we get when accomplishing side missions?

We were playing last night with my team and hoped that we would get some plane to support infantry and maybe knock down enemy planes. we did like 9 sidemissions row and received 1 cobra, 5 m1a2 tanks, and rest of vehicles were strykers...