Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

I have a question about medication! :icon_rolleyes: what and where I need to change to a normal soldier could use a bandage and morphine with war wounds? :uzi:

Stupid question, but do you guys have the PRC rucksack radio? It worked for me in 2.01. 2.02 is untested by me due to lack of servers yesterday.

Setting the Parameters in the lobby for viewdistance and and grass don't work. I joined the server and set min vd to 2500 and grass to on but I got no grass and viewdistance was at 1500, same for another who joined. Turning off Base Sabotage base didn't work either, we still got constant attacks.

Edited by PogMoThoin

Stupid question, but do you guys have the PRC rucksack radio? It worked for me in 2.01. 2.02 is untested by me due to lack of servers yesterday.

OK, this was why I didn't have the call_action for atillery. Equiped the PRC radio pack and it appeared.

I searched the ACE2 thread, the ACE2 wiki, and Google and never once could I find any mention of exactly how to call atrillery in ACE2. The closest I found was some obscure 10-month-old ACE dev post on a possilbe interfaces they might use when released.

/sigh

I don't play ACE much. If I did I guess I'd learn these things. But not being able to find answers to this sort of thing is why I don't play ACE much.

Thanks Mr. Charles.

edit: btw has anyone tried to call in flares in Domi2 w/ACE2? I get the radio traffic from arti but the salvos never appear.

Edited by Thirdup

Setting the Parameters in the lobby for viewdistance and and grass don't work. I joined the server and set min vd to 2500 and grass to on but I got no grass and viewdistance was at 1500, same for another who joined. Turning off Base Sabotage base didn't work either, we still got constant attacks.

Checked it a few seconds ago.

Both settings were working fine when I joined a dedicated server. Gras was enabled and viewdistance was correctly set. Left the server, joined again, still ok.

I don't play ACE much. If I did I guess I'd learn these things. But not being able to find answers to this sort of thing is why I don't play ACE much.

That you need a radio in the ACE version is a mission feature and not an ACE feature. And it was allready mentioned multiple times :)

edit: btw has anyone tried to call in flares in Domi2 w/ACE2? I get the radio traffic from arti but the salvos never appear.

Fixed.

Xeno

The snow is kind of boogered up, the particle array is referencing an invalid grid divisor and it results in the snow being 1/4 of a circle, ie it has a square edge. Here's a fix Xeno.. took forever to figure out this undocumented crap! (the anim array must be 1000 when referencing a single frame, try to find that in the wiki! :D):

_snow = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos; 
_snow setParticleParams [["\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal",16,12,13,0],"","Billboard",1,7,[0, 0, 20.0],[0, 0, -0.35],1.0,0.000001,0.0,0.4,[0.08,0.05],[[1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0],[0.94,0.94,0.96,1.0],[1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0]],[1000],0,0.01,"","",(vehicle player)];
_snow setParticleRandom [2,[35, 35, 10],[0.0, 0.0, -0.1],0.001,0.05,[0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.02],0.002,360];
_snow setParticleCircle [0,[0.0, 0.0, -0.1]];
_snow setDropInterval .01;

Also it's too bad it can't rotate, it seems the rotation velocity param is ignored unless you are using multiple frames. So I used a round effect from Universal, which is loaded in memory all of the time anyways. I haven't yet figured out what param is causing the really fast moving snow that is warping all around (it did this before too, I didn't touch it) but eh, it's not that noticeable. From far away it kind of looks like interference on a TV. :D

Cheers

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I searched the ACE2 thread, the ACE2 wiki, and Google and never once could I find any mention of exactly how to call atrillery in ACE2. The closest I found was some obscure 10-month-old ACE dev post on a possilbe interfaces they might use when released.

/sigh

/sigh

There's no artillery system yet in ACE. You can use the BIS manual system that ACE edited (get in a arty piece, choose target artillery) or you can use Xeno's one (as you found). If you find the ACE documentation lacking, I bet you're welcome to contribute to it. However, as a contributor, be prepared to meet folks who find your work to be inadequate and expect more. And considering the majority of people don't read it at all, and keeping it up to date is a massive chore with daily code changes, maybe you'd rather add meat and potatoes gameplay features rather than endlessly work on documentation. :)

Edited by oktane

The snow is kind of boogered up, the particle array is referencing an invalid grid divisor and it results in the snow being 1/4 of a circle, ie it has a square edge. Here's a fix Xeno.. took forever to figure out this undocumented crap! (the anim array must be 1000 when referencing a single frame, try to find that in the wiki! :D):

Ty, too bad you didn't ask because the original version from ruebe had allmost all paramaters documented :)

There's no artillery system yet in ACE.

Well, that is not completely correct if you use the latest ACE 1.1 RC from yesterday.

I've rewritten the BIS ARTY module from headspace, fixed the resource error that shows up since ArmA 1.03, added a dialog for normal and virtual batteries and it now uses Extended Eventhandlers (no, it's not in Dom ACE because not everybody is using the ACE RCs).

Xeno

Ty, too bad you didn't ask because the original version from ruebe had allmost all paramaters documented

Thanks! There are definitely some bugs and inconsistencies in the BIS particle system!

old: square_flake.gif new:good_flake.gif

(They are about the same size, it's just hard to take a picture of them. 0.08 is the size.)

Well, that is not completely correct if you use the latest ACE 1.1 RC from yesterday.

I've rewritten the BIS ARTY module..

Oh so it was you who was digging in there. I noticed I had to use ACE_ prefixed ammo types now, and I was just about to post a bug about the BIS arty targeting not working in ACE as of Friday. Now it all makes sense, needed to swap BIS->New ACE arty module, glad I didn't post that bug! :p

Thanks for fixing that dreaded task icon error. I was really close to the point of turning the manual targeting system into a mission side script so it could be improved, out of utter frustration. Hopefully the targeting map can someday be full screen and arty units turn speed reduced for easier fine control. (or fine move directional buttons?) I never got why someone would make the map tiny and the rest of the screen is a guy sitting in a mortar or blank sky in 1st person... Now I'm going to go diff out what you did in the module.. Glad to see ACE team improving the Arty module that BIS forgot about.

Cheers!

Edited by oktane

However with new version I'm having difficulties implementing again the [R3F] logistics & artillery which we had on previous version (ours).

Can't help you with this, am not using it and have only played with it for a few minutes in the editor, sorry.

Is it necessary to run the *bat file after each change or only with certain files modified?

The batch file will only copy x_setup.sqf and x_macros.sqf to all the folders where the files are needed. Edit either x_setup.sqf or x_macros.sqf in the main mission folder and then run setupcopy.bat once. Means, only when you edit these two files you need to run the batch.

Xeno

Bugfix Release 2.03

Changelog:

• Added missing G3 and HK weapons in ACE versions
  • Fixed, snow looks better now, thx to oktane
  • Changed markers in AI version for player AI, thx to Joe
  • Fixed a nil bug in player names shown above head
  • Fixed, a not initialized variable in TeamStatusDialog prevented players from joining other groups (hopefully fixed)
  • Changed, using another method to remove markers in the revive version of unconscious players which disconnect (hopefully fixed)
  • Changed, it is now not possible anymore to teleport to destroyed MHQs or use other features
  • Fixed, when a MHQ was destroyed and the camo net (when deployed) was ok it didn't get removed
  • Fixed, better handling of MHQs in the ACE versions that are no longer usable (because of the different ACE vehicle damage handling)
  • Changed, jump position for HALO jump (dialog) is now random and not exact anymore like before (someone found a nice exploit in the ACE version because of it)
  • Fixed, wrong height for player artillery flares
  • Changed, reduced number of satchels in ammo crates
  • Fixed, no kbTell messages during intro
  • Added burn.sqf from BIS to BIS_Effects to get rid of a null vehicle problem, optimized it (non ACE versions)
  • Fixed, Carrier intro text resource didn't show up in the carrier versions
  • and some other minor internal changes

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

Nice to see the missing weapons are now there. :) How about the 6rnd CN gas for m32?

I'm just wondering also if there is any chance in a script to remove clutter off the ground in the base (dropped kit items and such), maybe once every 30 mins or after 30mins from when it was dropped, sometimes it can get messy. Possibly the whole island too if you think it would be best too.

Also another suggestion of separating the crates at main base. Primary/Launchers/Misc? The current list is pretty big and can be time consuming finding the correct ammo and weapon type you're looking for.

Edited by Dead3yez

Nice to see the missing weapons are now there. :) How about the 6rnd CN gas for m32?

Ace has a nifty classname browser here http://browser.dev-heaven.net/ (ACE_6Rnd_CS_M32)

and the is file \x_client\x_weaponcargo_ace.sqf if you don't already know.

Speaking of this, I was thinking of writing a bit of code to automatically populate ammo boxes without hardcoded lists. I thought I could look up the weapon/mag cargo for each of the ace crate types. But a limitation is that for it to work, the ACE team must have put it in their ACE boxes, and you can no longer pick how many items to put in the crate. :/ But hey, you'd always have the latest and greatest weapons.

I'm just wondering also if there is any chance in a script to remove clutter off the ground in the base (dropped kit items and such).

This was an old problem in MFCTI or CRCTI for OpFlash too, later on an item was added to either a dialog or vehicle action menu (cant remember) that cleaned up a few hundred meters around it. It wasn't automatic though, but it worked well when the fps got low. Maybe a very low refresh rate 'lawn mower' around the mhq running at all times would work, it's just crunching through those huge nearObjects arrays may cause a little studder. :D I wonder if the gear is still local after being dropped? The main issue is there is no event for a player dropping gear, it would likely have to be polled, meaning more loops or fsm's running.

Edited by oktane

Just did Everon Ranked, sidemission not working, it states new mission available but nothing on map and no brief.

Maybe an easy fix i can do myself?

I'm just wondering also if there is any chance in a script to remove clutter off the ground in the base (dropped kit items and such), maybe once every 30 mins or after 30mins from when it was dropped, sometimes it can get messy.

Not automatic, at least not without a couple of warnings to the players.

Bugfix Release 2.04

Changelog:

• Fixed, joining other groups works again with TeamStatusDialog
  • Fixed, stupid copy and paste error in BIS_Effects\burn.sqf or better PEBKAC which caused problems in the non ACE versions
  • Fixed, spectating dropped camera is steerable again with wasd keys

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

If there are no major bugs in this version it will be the last 2 version.

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

muchas gracias xenos :)

im trying to understand your scripting atm, all i can say till now is that i am amazed how those hieroglyphic Numbers, Symbols and Letters form together to this awesome mission. im still lightyears away from your point, but after some time i can read out between the lines what youre doing, although i could never copy it without further learning.

its a shame u wont help someone with scripting, but i know that if u guys would do, you would have no freetime anymore for the next 20 years :D

still i could need someone like you for my ace-realwarproject :P

have a nice day

sempavieh

Thanks so munch for the updates and the new Dimo it is alsome. One question how do I add two more MHQs to Dimo 2?

If there are no major bugs in this version it will be the last 2 version.

Started 2.04 on CLEAR ACE (b344). Momentary error. Server NOT dedicated.

Exe timestamp: 2009/12/22 23:35:33

Current time: 2010/05/03 23:29:58

Unsupported language Russian in stringtable

Updating base class Turrets->Turrets, by x\acex_sm\addons\c_sound_veh_armor\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2_Base/Turrets/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\acex_sm\addons\c_sound_veh_armor\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/

Updating base class Turrets->Turrets, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AAV/Turrets/MainTurret/

Exe version: 1.05.62017

38.388 (0) XEH: PreInit Started

43.243 (0) XEH: PreInit Finished

44.001 (0.05) XEH: PostInit Started

0:00:43,406 (0:00:00,150) [x\cba\addons\common\init.sqf:4] MISSINIT: missionName=nointro, worldName=utes, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true

45.274 (0.553) XEH: PostInit Finished

0:00:45,277 (0:00:00,553) [x\cba\addons\versioning\versioning.sqf:5] : cba_versioning_versions=["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex"],[[[0,4,0,95],-1],[[1,1,0,346],-1],[[1,1,0,230],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]

236.318 (0) XEH: PreInit Started

242.193 (0) XEH: PreInit Finished

No point in selection pilot.

ErrorMessage: Preprocessor failed on file D:\Games\ArmA_2\MPMissions\TVT40_Domination_2_04A2_TT.Chernarus.pbo\init.sqf - error 6.

Edited by Varga

@Varaga, please download 2.05, checked the TvT version (yeah, for those who didn't know it is a PvP version :P) with ACE on a dedicated server and it was running fine.

The only thing fixed in this version is that the ACE US Army guys now also get US weapons instead of russian weapons (I allways forget they are not listed under the USMC faction but ACE_USARMY :D).

So if you are not playing with ACE you probably don't need to download 2.05.

Same download link as allways.

Xeno

Hello all) Xeno I have a small idea for a side mission! :icon_rolleyes: People do not want to play a long time! and only want the bonuses! And call arti! 1 min and officer ded! Have More side missions for kill officer! You can! put this officer in a more secure area!! (bunker , concrete bunker, fortified house). This is jast my idea! :) Thx.

(sorry for bad english)

Keshman

People do not want to play a long time! and only want the bonuses!

Speak for yourself. How about a 50 hour game without ever using a bonus vehicle? ;) Guess that doesn't sound like fun for you. :p

Btw, I thought these targets were considered "hard targets" until you got close enough, preventing those methods of solving them? I know I've gotten a few "sidemission not solved" when someone decides that arty is a good thing among friends - danger close.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Speak for yourself. How about a 50 hour game without ever using a bonus vehicle? ;) Guess that doesn't sound like fun for you. :p

Btw, I thought these targets were considered "hard targets" until you got close enough, preventing those methods of solving them? I know I've gotten a few "sidemission not solved" when someone decides that arty is a good thing among friends - danger close.

His suggestion meant that he was in agreement with you. Side missions are easily solved with arty strikes, but I for one like that. I'm more the type that works 60 hours a week and plays ARMA for 8.

I like bonus vehicles too, if I didn't I'd play a shooter that didn't have vehicles.

Sorry for my bad english! :(

I wanted to write:

People do not want to play a long time!( side mission) and call arty! for fast teak bonus vehicles!

(!and I wrote that this is only my idea and suggestion! because it is a forum for discussion of these missions!)

Edited by Keshman