Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

There appear to be some navigational "dead ends" with this new template. For example, when looking at a user profile, there are no links to navigate back to the main forum page.

There is this tiny little HOME button which looks like a black house top left ... :)

There is this tiny little HOME button which looks like a black house top left ... :)

Ah, so it is. Thanks. :D

It would be nice if threads with unread posts were more immediately noticable. A different color of something. Now, you have too look for the tiny difference in the envelope icon, if there is a "letter" sticking out or not. The one very noticable thing now is the red "hot post" color, which in my opinion is totally irrelevant. Who cares about that?

Is there a way you could make threads with new posts more immediately noticable?

Sticky threads should be more apart from regular threads, by some boarder or different backround color

@Max Power

If I go into ,say, A2+OA editing and use search forum , no matter what I try to search for I get nothing but

I have tried searching for just one word , multiple words etc. The old boards worked fine, I have not changed anything and that maybe the problem. I may need to change something. The only search that works for me atm is the search in the top right that searches everything and that is not helpful if i need some info on addaction inside the editing and scripting subforum.

Could not repro. If I go to the editing subforum and choose 'search this forum' and search for the term 'config', I get many hits.

Going to the mission editing and scripting subforum and searching 'addaction' in 'search this forum', I get many hits.

It seems like your problem may be complicated. You might try searching google for the time being.

addaction site:forums.bistudio.com

might find you what you want.

Search appears to be working fine on my end. Plenty of results.

One odd issue I did notice though, it appears to be loading outside the frame?

nkLFW.png

Using Firefox 10.0, no scroll bar or anything, just gets cut off on the border.

Search seems to have odd results.

E.g.

Search for "gnat" (or even [aps]gnat (not as USER))

Sort by date

I certainly get results for RECENT posts, but they appear to be ranked in some way by the OLDEST thread also. ? ? ? ! !

eg, first page of search ALL threads started before 2011

please realize the vb3 for vb4 skin is based off the BI skin thus it's bit buggy :)

also search is bugged because it's being 're-indexed' and that's gunna take quite some time before done

because it's being 're-indexed' and that's gunna take quite some time before done

Arh, thanks, makes sense.

Cheers

(was freaking out .... was seeing some old threads I hadn't seen in years lol )

i added purely plain skin vB3 for vB4 w/o our header and it's not originating from our design

http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php?styleid=54

it should offer you readable and simple variant (it will either stay available until we fix our design or even after that)

The new colors are much better. You're definitly getting there ... :)

Another thing: the additional windows (like "posting rules" etc.) as well as the all new separated "sticky posts" windows don't stick when you close them. Coming back from a thread shows them all open again.

Edited by Guess Who

Yeah it's looking much better, could the thread starters name be bolded or a different colour?

Great job on fixing up the layout. the icons dont hurt my eyes anymore either. :)

Yup, I'm liking the new improvements. :)

One thing: can you make the icons on threads with new posts stand out a little more? (Slightly increased color saturation, but not too much :D.)

Yup, I'm liking the new improvements. :)

One thing: can you make the icons on threads with new posts stand out a little more? (Slightly increased color saturation, but not too much :D.)

Indeed, much better. Topic titles, though, are still hard to read. The icon nearby and the name of the OP should be smaller than the topic title itself, which is the only thing really usefull. IMHO of course.

+1. Good idea.

Checked a few posts back but didn't found it reported, i'm sorry if i missed it:

Feature request/Bug report:

when looking at own profile or from another forum members, there seems to be no link to go back to the forum again.

Myke;2099980']Checked a few posts back but didn't found it reported' date=' i'm sorry if i missed it:

Feature request/Bug report:

when looking at own profile or from another forum members, there seems to be no link to go back to the forum again.[/quote']

Just look for this, mate: navbit-home.png

Abs

Just look for this, mate: navbit-home.png

Abs

Meh....thanks mate. They couldn't have done it less obvious. :D

A lot better, but still there's question of Quick Navigation bar - it's always set to show top of the list, that means a lot of scrolling.

Also second bug: A:CWA/OFP section categories could get a re-make: dividing it between "CWA" & "CWA - Editing" like Arma and A2 forums. ;)

And maybe you can make grey background in Settings? (Of course with "help text" black)

But overall: good job!

Edited by krzychuzokecia

What about also increasing the saturation a little for the green light showing you are online? It could be a little easier to see.

I found a little bug:

v2njga55b2534m6x6cm.png

Another one:

Untitled.jpg

Edited by -Martin-

I found a little bug:

v2njga55b2534m6x6cm.png

Another one:

Untitled.jpg

on it already