Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Having installed vB4 myself (and then subsequently installed ip.board) I'm impressed that you guys have managed to get the theme looking pretty close to the old one. I find vB a huge pain in the arse to skin.

having said that those red icons of doom need to change :)

the secondary skin is just as bad. So i'll develop

Issues:

STICKYs

1. the sticky threads are close to invisible (the difference in terms of background color is just way too subtle) ...they need a separator line from all the other threads

2. the collapsible button for the sticky threads is now gone

THREADs:

1. Why are the icons in front of the threads so damn big(especially when they are meaningless due to poor gfx design), but the important buttons such as "go to first new post" is a couple of pixels big (12x12px)?

firstnew.png

2. Thread titles are way too small, especially in relation to the author and date.

NAV BAR:

1. The home button is is just TOO small:

navbit-home.png

2. Why are some action duplicated? Forum action > General settings and Edit profile are duplicates for the buttons near the profile name (my profile and settings).

GENERAL:

1. way too much contrast is bad for the eyes.

2. There are some spaces left when posting short messages, which makes the threads twice as long and harder to follow and read...

some more will come soonish

The search results are awful. There is no possibility to filter only for certain subforums. I don't need search results for OFP, TOH or CC.

Honestly, i just tryed to look up some ArmA3 Discussion, but i already got headache and my eyes are some kind of hurting.. its just too bright, the contrast is too big. The overview is messed up.

Give us the option to choose the old skin please.

Even if there are maybe a lot of new nice featuers, it doesnt help if you cannot comfortable watch and post in the forums anymore.

The old skins are incompatible with v4. That's nothing you solve in 10 minutes.

Guys, by now we know that themes suck. It's not necessary to post this every 5 minutes now.

And sometimes you have to leave the past behind and look forward. Otherwise we still would live in caves and search for fire. :)

Otherwise we still would live in caves and search for fire. :)

At least in a cave my eyes would rest :bigglasses:

Edited by ProfTournesol
would not will

And sometimes you have to leave the past behind and look forward.

Thinking that we will have to use this theme forward for a year or two isn't very comforting. If the theme can be improved it has to be so we can use the forums comfortably because they are the main part of the community. :wink_o:

Please remove the giant red forum icons. They're so painful to look at over white background.

Gotta say, it's hard to find things, it was nice and easy to navigate beFore? Now it's hard work..

New style is not good. As long as there are other changes under the hood then great. Keep old style - renew functionality.

Any chance of adding the old "light blue" style ?

I mean this one(ignore whats written in the picture):

bissearchb4nt.jpg

I think its vBulletin 3 default style.

when clicking Quick Links - Forum leaders it error with a database message

when clicking Quick Links - Forum leaders it error with a database message

thanks, we know that :( keep looking for more

The old skins are incompatible with v4. That's nothing you solve in 10 minutes.

Guys, by now we know that themes suck. It's not necessary to post this every 5 minutes now.

And sometimes you have to leave the past behind and look forward. Otherwise we still would live in caves and search for fire. :)

Some of us are actually trying to post constructive criticism ;)

added several more color and tone variants for skin (all sub-variants of BI style)

added mobile skin (default vB4 one) and it's now default for all mobiles entering BIF

to switch to normal click at botton on "Full site"

added several more color and tone variants for skin (all sub-variants of BI style)

added mobile skin (default vB4 one) and it's now default for all mobiles entering BIF

to switch to normal click at botton on "Full site"

Yeah, Dwarden GreyBlue4 isn't too bad! :)

The Groups layout is highly irritating, it used to be really easy to get an overview of the groups you're in. Now I need to scroll down (and I am only a member of five groups), and a considerable part of the screen is occupied by user avatars so you are supposed to see who the members of the group are (which fails because there are more than ten active posters on this forum, so knowing every avatar and identifying members by it is impossible), which is a completely useless feature imo.

it's temporary template :)

Ok initial shocked subsided, breathing again... i have to agree about the big red blue icons, they just dominate.

Also could the .threadtitle have just a bit more kerning?

Just care cos this the site i visit most..

I actually like the new style. It is very widescreen friendly.

Everyone hates change, but eventually we will all adjust.

Edited by Nicholas

Hi, i find the available skins not as good and more confuse than the original old one; it's true that you adjust yourself to the changes, but that don't makes the change to be good by itself... .

i.e: A bullet in your spine, you can adapt yourself to live with it until that it moves 2mm to the wrong side and then you don't walk no more; is the change good!?, sure that you can adapt to live on a wheels chair or a bed, but that don't makes it good or better than the previous natural form just for be a change.

Let's C ya

*EDIT: Seriously, why the space between the last line and the box's bottom!?

Edited by wipman

added one of the vB3 for vB4 templates :)