Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Thanks a lot for upgrading to vB 4.0! Very much appreciated. For one, the WYSIWYG editor works on Chrome ;-)

As others have said, the template can probably use some more tweaks/work/love, but take your time!

Remember though; change is often fought off by default, people simply always have to get used to new things.

But that doesn't mean all arguments are invalid :P

Edited by Sickboy

My experiences:

- nice, but icons (new thread, reply, also hot thread, closed thread etc.) seem much too big (maybe it's done on purpose for users of tablets, phones, but on PC it's blocky & ugly)

- some options (in settings/my account menu) changed their place, it's really hard to find them

- quick navigation:

- changed it's place, I think earlier it was under quick reply window

- the bar is "resetting" - when I'm clicking on it (to move from Addons: Complete to Discussion section) I see the very top of the list - a lot of scrolling down ;)

Also I'm experiencing slow-downs, seems like new theme is script-heavy (auto-save?! What for?).

But it might get nice, maybe add some contrasting elements (red?) to that arctic white?

BTW: OFP/CWA section might get a rework, new theme clearly shows that forums categories there are messed up like hell :)

EDIT: Someone mentioned WYSISWYG editor introduced with new forum engine. Maybe that's the reason of slower download of page content, and some "lags" while working? I've no idea, just guessing.

Oh, and you can't see prev. 10 posts while editing in advanced mode. :(

Edited by krzychuzokecia

I like the overall style, but the big red envelopes scare me. Those icons need an overhaul.

login to forum

1. on Right top side there is line with options, select SETTINGS

2. on left side menu select GENERAL SETTINGS

3. choose somewhere at bottom page page skin You would like (atm there are 2 working, the actual BIF default for vB4 and default vB4)

vB4 for mobile - we will look into that settings, so most likely from design wise there is no need change it as there is extra minimalistic interface afaik

New software == good

New style == giving me eye cancer, I'll +1 for an option to revert to the previous style plz

i like The new look. but i want the old style back :p where sticky threads was seperated from normal threads. it was more organized and easyer to read a category then.

i dont like that everything is merged into one viewblock.

Ahh it hurts!

Where is the good ol' soft and less flashy theme gone?

And ye, the Red Boxes are ugly..

The forums just lost a lot of visibility and overview.

Ahh it hurts!

Where is the good ol' soft and less flashy theme gone?

And ye, the Red Boxes are ugly..

The forums just lost a lot of visibility and overview.

Cannot see the sticky posts either.

Please give us the option for the old style!

i like The new look. but i want the old style back :p where sticky threads was seperated from normal threads. it was more organized and easyer to read a category then.

i dont like that everything is merged into one viewblock.

Should be just a matter of upgrading the plugins and reapplying changes.

I suppose it's a step by step process :)

It's a scientific fact that not forum update has ever pleased a single person besides the lone web designer behind it. I wonder why they bother.

I'm completely lost when viewing the list of threads in a selected forum.

My overview is completely gone because everything feels much much more cluttered up.

Uncool. :/

It's a scientific fact that not forum update has ever pleased a single person besides the lone web designer behind it. I wonder why they bother.

maybe because sitting on obsolete version which had ceased development long time ago is boring and we like read more wise remarks :)

new forums allows more integration options, APIs support and more interesting plugins ...

ofcourse more bugs and art design headache :)

login to forum

3. choose somewhere at bottom page page skin You would like (atm there are 2 working, the actual BIF default for vB4 and default vB4)

vB4 for mobile - we will look into that settings, so most likely from design wise there is no need change it as there is extra minimalistic interface afaik

No joy. Even searched the page for 'skin' just in case my Eyeball 1.0 missed it.

Please ensure the option is available for users. Thanks.

Abs

login to forum

I really don't find it...

Nothing useful under "Thread Display Options" or "Miscellaneous Options"

Anyway a newlook does not bother and infact I would find this smoother, if it wasn't for some visibility issues such as Stikies and the avatar area...

Some places really lack the contrast such as the "Optional" info text in "Reason for Editing".

Edited by gammadust
does this have enough contrast? Yah... it's alright

I really don't find it...

Nothing useful under "Thread Display Options" or "Miscellaneous Options"

Same, i want to find Skin change, back to the old stuff, but but i cant find it :(

It's nice to have a change every now and then!

Couple of points;

1. Stickies background needs to be a bit darker.

2. I think maybe the whole theme needs notching down a few candles as well - my eyeballs are starting to bleed a bit!

3. The font is very small in IE9 and FF but works well in Safari (which is a bloody miracle because Safari never plays nicely!). I have had to notch up IE to 120% magnification!

Anyway, I am sure it will improve, it's a real pain getting a forum to look just right.

My latest client made me install and support a YAF forum, I wish they hadn't been so tight and bought VB4 - there are loads of good things to play with!

The white behind all the text in the posts is just too white. Make it grey or smth pls.

Switching styles is only possible if the Admin has allowed it, perhaps that still needs to occur.

In any case, the actual important part here isn't the Skin but the upgrade to the vB 4.0 forum software ;-)

Give them some time to tweak the things as needed, in the meantime they can probably use constructive feedback,

and in the end you'll see, we're better off :)

it's in the Miscellaneous Options at bottom of the General Settings page

Miscellaneous only lists "Attachements" for me.

+1 for not liking the new look.

The icons are distracting, like sensual overkill in a candy store.

But the new way of posting replys is even worse :E

Nope. All I see there are editor interface, attachment and language settings.