Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Because Chrome is crap and my wife tries to make me use it? ;)

the forum keeps crashing in google chrome when i open more then 3 tabs, any idea why?

Possibly caused by one of your extensions, can't replicate it with the latest version.

Because Chrome is crap and my wife tries to make me use it? ;)

Listen to your wife, at least until Firefox gets it's startup time and resource hogging issues sorted out. :bounce3:

you could always delete all the buggy plugins hehe :)

the new betas are lightning fast for me and its not using much memory. starts up in an instant...

Hearing good things about Opera.. doubled my DL speed somehow!? but im still sticking with FF

Hello, I've got a bug report (at least for my user account), I've already posted in the "Ask a moderator"-thread:

I've got an error for my user account; in my upper right corner it shows me:

Your Notifications: 65,535

Well, apparently I don't have that many notifications pending

I have this notification and I can't clear it.

Unapproved Visitor Messages 1

It's still there.

ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT / OPERATION FLASHPOINT

The sub-title is wrong tho. It says

Operation flashpoint coldwar crisis

and not

Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis

;)

The sub-title is wrong tho. It says

Operation flashpoint™©codemasters owns this name yo coldwar crisis

and not

Operation Flashpointâ„¢** Cold War Crisis

**property of codemasters

;)

Careful guys, your walking in dangerous water, not showing any respect like that to codemasters property ;)

Now that you've updated the forum icons, could we get new default smileys?

Now that you've updated the forum icons, could we get new default smileys?

Agreed. The original ikonboard smilies were great. These "new" ones are.... yeah...

Overall like them, i just dont like the shortcuts they are mapped to. For example

:o

should always be a guy with his mouth wide open, i like :o but its just not the same. (:eek: also doesnt work, as he just seems overly suprised)

That also counts for

:D

which, while having a 'D' as a mouth does not express laughter but more a sarcastic 'Got ya! You fucker!'

Is it just me, or are the forums loading very, very slowly?

Is it just me, or are the forums loading very, very slowly?

Yes, ive noticed as well that BI Forums have been very slow.

Since the release of Arma Free, sometimes several minutes to load or refresh a page.

I was thinking it may be related to alot of new visitors from the free community, but also the effetcs happened after changes in the icons.

I don't know if it's due to the changes in the forum, or the release of ArmA 2: Free, and there are only about 400 users on right now(Registered and Guest). I only started to notice it today after I got home from work. I know it wasn't like this earlier today.

I was wondering if it you guys could add a extra option to the new posts menu top of Forum.

when you click on it you could get all new posts that you have posted in.

this would be extremely useful for me, since im an fairly active poster.

I open all the threads that are of interest to me in their own tab, post my input, close the tab and then move to the next one, then when all done i refresh and start over in those of interest with replys or whatnot.

later when i rejoin, if i press new posts, or using the posts i have posted menu in my profile does not work so good, especially when i have posted several posts in same thread, if i could have a option wich showed threads i have posted in wich had new posts, it would be very nice.

Anywho, if this was possible in some form i would be a happy camper.

I know of the subscription method, but thats not exactly what i wish.

Regards Demonized.

I've noticed recently that my Sent Items folder in the PM area is always empty. If I send something to someone, it shows as if I never sent it, but they receive it.

Please let us see our sent PM's!

I've noticed recently that my Sent Items folder in the PM area is always empty. If I send something to someone, it shows as if I never sent it, but they receive it.

Please let us see our sent PM's!

Are you sure you have the "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder" ticked in the options below the message?

You can turn on "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" from here.

Are you sure you have the "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder" ticked in the options below the message?

You can turn on "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" from here.

Ahhhh....thank you. But why isn't this on by default?

Ahhhh....thank you. But why isn't this on by default?

No idea to be honest. One of the possible reasons is to reduce the database size.

May i say that, with the appearance of the firing range game forum, the ArmA2 editing section is now under ArmA_the_first's forums. A little weird :)

Edited by ProfTournesol

May i say that, with the appearance of the firing range game forum, the ArmA2 editing section is now under ArmA_the_first's forums. A little weird :)

I think with the already existing editing forums and the shortly upcoming (ToH, A3) it would make sense IMHO to have a new main category like "Editing BIS Games" where OFP Editing (if still required); Armed Assault editing, ArmA 2 editing and later ToH Editing and ArmA 3 editing could find a place.

Just my 2 cents.

Myke;1991123']I think with the already existing editing forums and the shortly upcoming (ToH' date=' A3) it would make sense IMHO to have a new main category like "Editing BIS Games" where OFP Editing (if still required); Armed Assault editing, ArmA 2 editing and later ToH Editing and ArmA 3 editing could find a place.

Just my 2 cents.[/quote']

Agreed

The current order makes no sense...