Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

I do not know how it can be illegal with my CD key! ArmA 2 have not be published in my country, as a result, i have to ask my friend buy one for me in Russia, by the way, my friend is studying in Russia. Besides, it really costs a lot of time and money to mail the game box from Russia, he tells me i can download the game files from Internet, and then register my own account with this cd key. I tried, but met the language problem meantioned before. I am quite sure that i bought the cd key in legal way! I never use fake codes, my key is 100% legal. Now, still no help?

Where did you download the game files from? Steam? Sprocket? Nexway? Mataboli? That's the only way to legally download the game files.

Here's a question about social groups. What're the differences between Public/Invite Only & Moderated group types?

Public = anyone can join.

Invited = you need an invite to join.

Moderated = any posts you make won't show up until the social group owner(s) approve them.

I'm guessing anyways :)

Thanks.

Btw Placebo, I noticed you have an album (several actually). I can't find any way to create or add pictures to an album... I'm guessing this is something regular users don't have access to... am I right?

Ok, this isn't about me wanting an album (cause I don't), I'm just wondering why you get one and nobody else does. :rolleyes:

It's quite likely I didn't enable it for regular members for bandwidth reasons :)

Yea that's what I figured... but it's making me wonder what else you have that us regular users don't. :raisebrow:

Tons of nice stuff, tags, thread ratings, loads :)

Me again. Can the max file size for social group pictures be increased? Right now the maximum is 200x200 px or 10KB, however IMO 10KB negates the point of allowing 200x200 pictures, because in order to get your picture < 10KB at 200x200 px it would have to look like crap. Also, at 10KB it's hardly any greater than the maximum size allowed for profile pics (9.8KB), but surely the amount of social groups (with pictures) isn't going to be anywhere near the amount of potential user profiles (with pics). I think changing it to 25KB would be good enough; when I scaled my 100x100 8.something KB pic to 200x200 it was roughly 24KB.

What do you think?

Thanks for fixing the front page to show the last post in the games section!

I found out that last post times are often really badly off,sometimes difference between shown before you open thread and real time of the post is many days!:eek:

I'm betting that's threads with polls?

Me again. Can the max file size for social group pictures be increased? Right now the maximum is 200x200 px or 10KB, however IMO 10KB negates the point of allowing 200x200 pictures, because in order to get your picture < 10KB at 200x200 px it would have to look like crap. Also, at 10KB it's hardly any greater than the maximum size allowed for profile pics (9.8KB), but surely the amount of social groups (with pictures) isn't going to be anywhere near the amount of potential user profiles (with pics). I think changing it to 25KB would be good enough; when I scaled my 100x100 8.something KB pic to 200x200 it was roughly 24KB.

What do you think?

Any response?

I can lower it to 100x100 @ 10kb if 200x200 @ 10kb looks too crap? ;)

But 10KB is just so small... :pet5:

Btw I also noticed there is a 1000 character limit on social group discussion posts... :(

Is there any way to turn off the "bump thread when someone votes in a poll" thing?

Its REALLY annoying, and really doesnt make much sense... I mean whoop de do, someone has voted in the poll. Anyone that cares enough to know the milisecond someone has voted will probably be watching the results like a hawk anyway.

Is there any way to turn off the "bump thread when someone votes in a poll" thing?

Its REALLY annoying, and really doesnt make much sense... I mean whoop de do, someone has voted in the poll. Anyone that cares enough to know the milisecond someone has voted will probably be watching the results like a hawk anyway.

Checka!

Pah, thats awful reasoning, makes DM do :k: (damnit, theres no actual cring emoticon on this forum anymore)

[edit] oh wiat, there is [/edit]

Edited by DM

I just found out when I try to post the word 'tk-ers' (minus the -), it's replaced with a bunch of ********** crap.

Odd word to block... no?

Odd word to block... no?

No...