Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Not to my knowledge. There are rules about signature sizes, even for all text sigs, so if someone's sig is oversized report it :)

LOL Marek didn't change his mind, I misinterpreted Marek's wishes based on miscommunications with a misunderstanding third party colleague ;)

Marek always wanted it exactly as it is now, the good way, the right way, the best way, I just told the world he didn't want it like that :(

Super! Thanks..

Great minds think alike! ;)

edit:

Is it possible for us to change the "Generic Smilies" list?

I mean the default ones are crappy and in the entire list there are several repeted.

Edited by bravo 6

It's hardly a big issue, but I wouldn't mind that poll votes were anonymous. There might be a time where a poll thread asks a difficult/controversial question, where some people might think it's important to vote though not preferably in the open.

One other thing, the yellow stars on the sides of the moderator's nicks are hard to see, I think a simple colour change would be way better.

Not to my knowledge. There are rules about signature sizes, even for all text sigs, so if someone's sig is oversized report it :)
Probably already knew, but you can set Signature Limits in the vB options, I think per UserGroup.

One other thing, the yellow stars on the sides of the moderator's nicks are hard to see, I think a simple colour change would be way better.

Thats what i suggested before.

edit: removed unecessary text.

Is it possible for us to change the "Generic Smilies" list?

I mean the default ones are crappy and in the entire list there are several repeted.

It's being worked on.

It's hardly a big issue, but I wouldn't mind that poll votes were anonymous. There might be a time where a poll thread asks a difficult/controversial question, where some people might think it's important to vote though not preferably in the open.

I like that people can leave their name without having to reply "I voted for xxx", will see how it plays out.

It's temporary until we have finished more important tasks, I think gold is appropriate because we rock.

Probably already knew, but you can set Signature Limits in the vB options, I think per UserGroup.

Yeah I saw it briefly but haven't had time to set it up properly.

Almost all aspects are WIP.

Dont know if already tested but what about using the color schemes like on arma2.com so both official sites look "completly rounded"/ like one piece?

Is it possible to set the "maximum search results to return" to more than 500 ?

>> NEW POSTS reset time too short <<

Not happy with the "visit reset" time-out

I use the NEW POSTS link and if the Forum page has been displayed in my browse for anything more than about 15 mins, it resets my New Post list and I loose all new post reference for say the last 24 hours (ie last visit) !! :mad:

The old forum did not do this. If it did, it must have been something more resonable like an hour or more.

Please increase this time. It is actually a lot better for users to be a longer time than shorter.

old forum was better, now it is mess, somekind of 2 types of messages, i don't see sent message, previously all was easy and clear, for me new forum is tragic when it comes to PMs and those "New Private Messages: (5)" hard to delete message, i put delete and it appears, generaly i don't like new forum, old was good and clear, "Visitor Messages", all is now mess and i lost "have i answered to PM or not" :/

bad new forum

Yeah the PM view is somewhat strange..

Two ways that I found working:

Click the arrow on the top right notifying you about new PMs.

or

Click User CP and again select List Messages (Private Messages).

---

Yet the in User Notifications of User CP is bugged. :bounce3:

---

Agreed with Gnat. New posts is seriously bugged atm.

Often still unread posts are no longer shown, if you click on the latest post arrow in the new posts list.

I think it is related to the time you wait between clicking new posts and the arrow for each post..

Edited by kju

old forum was better, now it is mess, somekind of 2 types of messages, i don't see sent message, previously all was easy and clear, for me new forum is tragic when it comes to PMs and those "New Private Messages: (5)" hard to delete message, i put delete and it appears, generaly i don't like new forum, old was good and clear, "Visitor Messages", all is now mess and i lost "have i answered to PM or not" :/

bad new forum

Slowly I get the impression that you complain about anything that is not what you made yourself.

In short: The old forums won't come back, they're dead (finally).

In detail: vBulletin offers way more options to configure both forums and user settings than Ikonboard ever did. All you have to do is go to your CP and make the necessary changes. But of course for you it's easier to come and say "bad new forum".

Re. sent messages: you can enable that a copy of your sent messages is stored. Took me 30 secs to find and enable it. (CP->Edit Options->Private Messaging->tick "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

Re. Deleting messages: Where is the problem to select the messages (they are marked yellow then) and then go to the bottom of your PM box and select "Delete" in the "Selected Messages:" dropdown menu. So far no one had problems here except you.

Re. Visitor Messages: They can be disabled in your CP. CP->Edit Options->Visitor Messaging->Tick off Enable Visitor Messaging

Really vilas, drop that weird behaviour of yours and the constant bitching and complaining. It's just annoying by now.

At the bottom of the main subsections (e.g. ArmA, ArmA 2, OFP) there seems to be a place to make new threads. It's probably not vitally important, but I'd say it might be a good idea to somehow get rid of those (if possible) to prevent confusion with new users posting threads in them, and messing up the nice sorting system you have going :)

Is it possible to set the "maximum search results to return" to more than 500 ?

Yes.

Gnat;1271694']>> NEW POSTS reset time too short <<

Not happy with the "visit reset" time-out

I use the NEW POSTS link and if the Forum page has been displayed in my browse for anything more than about 15 mins' date=' [b']it resets my New Post list[/b] and I loose all new post reference for say the last 24 hours (ie last visit) !! :mad:

The old forum did not do this. If it did, it must have been something more resonable like an hour or more.

Please increase this time. It is actually a lot better for users to be a longer time than shorter.

It blows chunks, it's related to VB default "thread read" behaviour being time + cookie dependant, I know it's fixable somehow as I use other VB forums that threads never expire on until I've actually read them for real, it's just a case of having to suffer with it until we can find the fix/hack/mod and implement it.

At the bottom of the main subsections (e.g. ArmA, ArmA 2, OFP) there seems to be a place to make new threads. It's probably not vitally important, but I'd say it might be a good idea to somehow get rid of those (if possible) to prevent confusion with new users posting threads in them, and messing up the nice sorting system you have going :)

It's a necessary evil because of the way the forums/subforums are displayed, only mods/BIS can post in them though so it's not such a big deal :)

Thx for the feedback Placebo.

BTW, wouldn't be fair unless I added; Great Forums guys, appreciate the upgrade with the hard work.

It blows chunks, it's related to VB default "thread read" behaviour being time + cookie dependant, I know it's fixable somehow as I use other VB forums that threads never expire on until I've actually read them for real, it's just a case of having to suffer with it until we can find the fix/hack/mod and implement it.

Ok so eventually we found out that to fix this it's a simple case of choosing the required setting of an option:

unread.jpg

So I've changed it to option 2, in theory this should now mean the forum behaves just like the Ikonboard in terms of threads only being marked read when you really have read them or you've clicked "mark all threads read" etc.

Please report back whether 1. yep it's working like before or 2. no something is still not right and threads are being marked as read that I didn't really read.

I checked the forums about 6hrs ago and all read threads were marked as read, checked them again just now and all threads going back about 5 days are marked as unread, apart form a few.

That's pretty good news then, and is essentially what it showed for me when I'd changed the setting, easy enough to make everything show as read again :)

Could you dudes remove the 1000 character limit per post in the social groups? It's kinda silly.

Suggestions -> provide links to BIS Wiki under "Community" or "Quick Links"

Can you please make embedded vimeo videos possible.

YouTube is slow and has very crappy quality.

Should be quite easy to do. See google search. Thanks.

YouTube is slow and has very crappy quality.

Maybe your connection, YT is pretty quick for me and has HD.....

We may look into expanding the type of embedded video supported but it's not a priority by any means.

;)

polls.jpg

by the way, how can we Rate a thread?

I noticed there are several threads with rated stars, how can i do it? I see no option available to do it.