Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

it's in the Miscellaneous Options at bottom of the General Settings page

what i got:

Jf4DX.jpg

which also shows the lack of contrast in certain areas... that help info should have much more contrast

Edited by gammadust

I don't know if it's constructive criticism, but my eyes are bleeding.

+1

and

+1 to what Mr.Burns wrote about replying.

Xeno

i enabled the ability for users to select the forum skin (atm. between BIS v4 and vB4 default) ...

either temporarily until either fixed/improved our one (tho i see no point to prevent users to chose themself) ...

Same here. New forum GFX just isn't good; Big contrast in font\gfx size, tragic brightness and saturation contrast between font\gfx and background, overally bad looks; it looks like it's supposed to be "so modern", but it fails as much as everything that tries to do so.

Don't change good things. That's why usually new stuff (Opera 10+ for example) sucks bad, it's because they try to unnecessarily enhance, what's actually very good. Remember ArmA community is mostly about older and more mature players, and I can bet they prefer simplicity.

Has anyone else had problems with the search feature being rather crap?

I put RKSL into the search box and I only seem to get things from 2003-2009? None of the Recent stuff or any of the mentions or releases in the last few years.

EDIT - Same for PRACS etc Was the search index not ported over?

Anyone else?

Edited by RKSL-Rock

let me re login...

EDIT: That did it... i now have the skin option

Yup, but the Vbulletin default isn't better.

Dwarden, the existing skins do not change the fact that the fonts are blurry which is the biggest problem.

Makes the forums almost unreadable and like already written, it hurts your eyes.

Plus the much to big thread icons in bright red which do not fit at all.

Previous fonts were just fine.

Xeno

Yup, but the Vbulletin default isn't better.

It is still very "milky" indeed. I am sure we will have a suitable skin soon enough...

Sadly, I totally have to agree this new design is rather a step backwards speaking from a visual point of view

Some problems I see:

- Missing "user cp" and "new posts" etc bar aka "quick navigation bar". This little tool used to be very effective. Now it is a dropdown menu in the upper corner.

- The search result and threadlist is very confusing (too much information which is written too big)

- Color of the symbols

- Many signatures will have to adjust their colour :rolleyes:

The technical aspect, besides of the search function, is on the other hand good. (e.g. auto save function)

Personally, I absolutely loved the old design and when I compared it to other forums, I was actually kind of proud of how simple, effective and well-arranged it was :(

Edited by PurePassion

Please note that file attachments will be disabled anytime soon. So don't waste your time attaching files to your posts. :)

Bring back the old style please (goddamnit)! Sorry for bitching, but it's the only thing I can think of when I look at this... something... And cannot switch in my profile to the old one, because there is not any.

Thanks in advance!

(Signed: frustrated forum user on the left)

The "Quick navigation" bar should have its old functionality restored, if possible please. Previously it was a handy little shortcut to go back to the forum you were browsing. Now, its functionality is retarded.

Abs

While it looks kinda cleaner overall, I'm having hard time adjusting to the font too but I might get used to it. As of viewing new posts etc.. it's not as easy to keep track of it as the old web.

Overall, not bad, love the new ''reply'' box but the previous web was nicer and easier to read.

2 cents

the buttons and icons are WAY too BIG and in your face (especially the ICONS next to Thread title..)

Hi, i preffer the classic BIS forum skin to the actual ones, i find booth uggly and chaotic; this makes the use and read harder. If i had the old skin... it'll be the one that i'll use for sure. Let's C ya

*EDIT: WTF is that so big space between the last text line on the msg... and the msg box bottom itself!?, now i hate the new skins.

Edited by wipman

Nice new look but it is too bright. I can not get around as quick because the search function is either broken or just rubbish.

Honestly, the new design (the shining bright white light, especially) gives me a head ache. Go back to the old color layout/icon designs, Please!!!! ;( I like the auto save though, so good job there.

Oh, I finally managed to find this thread, it’s too hard to find anything with the new theme, and the giant red icons only add to the confusion.

The new look certainly feels “new†but I find it way too impractical. The top bar with notifications should be attached to the rest of the forum, not separated by an advertisement.

"Log Out, Settings, My Profile ,Notifications, Welcome, -Martin-" - This needs to be spread across a few lines not all in one line. Before I could see if I have any notifications in one look, now I have to read a whole line to see.

The colours are also too bright and everything is too wide, I have to look across the whole screen to find info.

Good effort BIS, but the theme needs tweaking. Would be great if you add the old theme as an option too, I would prefer to use the old theme at this stage. :smile:

EDIT: Autosave is a big plus too but the new smilyes aren't doing it.

The new theme kind of feels like one of them quick open source apps that you download from random sites when you need to convert a file quickly.

Edited by -Martin-

Yuck :(

Want my old style back!!!!!