Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

on it already

Works good now, thanks Dwarden good.gif

EDIT:

Thanks for the old blue theme! I love it give_heart.gif Just like in the good old days!

EDIT 2:

But maybe remove the white lines around the search box when you got time blush.gif (please)

Untitled.png

Edited by -Martin-

The new layout eats up huge ammounts of page space, with the signature only being shown beneath user avatar/info - take this post as an example

I don´t remember this from the old style :confused:

I'm having trouble connecting to the forums from my mobile phone since the update of the forums. I'm getting the following error (403):

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on the server

Apache Server at www.forums.bistudio.com Port 80

Posting from my tablet atm, and it's looking good, and loading far better than before. Good move there

I'm having trouble connecting to the forums from my mobile phone since the update of the forums. I'm getting the following error (403):

try access

default BI design: http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php?styleid=13

vb3 for vb4 design: http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php?styleid=54

Mobile design: http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php?styleid=29

otherwise i need more info what/how etc.

vB3 for vB4 is looking much better now.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

The new layout eats up huge ammounts of page space, with the signature only being shown beneath user avatar/info - take this post as an example

I don´t remember this from the old style :confused:

I see what cha mean with my post above .

2nd edit= I like the way it auto loaded my 2nd post quoting Mr. Burns... into my original post.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

combining posts was already in vB3 maybe just not often seen ... (it worked only for some amount of time)

some improvements were done do the BI and vB3 design

now we have one dark variant for BI and vB3 skin, please take in mind it's autogenerated one so there are some lil irks in those

WHY would you remove the "Mark All Read" from the top bar?!?!?! It was super useful...

Also, its really unclear how to easily get back to the forum front page from the "New Posts" search, which is highly annoying...

DM because if you clicked on it by incident it marked all read automatically w/o verify,

very de-useful for someone like me who trying to cope with only several tens thousands posts

also the same feature is available in bottom part of forum design, so just scroll down

Is it me or is the top navigation no longer working? Where it says "Home Games Company etc".

if you move the mouse down to the line just above the ad you seem to be able to click on menu parts, but definatly not working how it should here.

also the same feature is available in bottom part of forum design, so just scroll down

Where exactly? I can't find it. This was one of the more useful features on the forum, so it needs to be easily accessible.

EDIT: Ok, I see, it's only available from the main forum view now, so we now need to navigate to there first. Before, it could be done from anywhere, from the "forum actions" menu.

Edited by Johan S
New info

Is it me or is the top navigation no longer working? Where it says "Home Games Company etc".

if you move the mouse down to the line just above the ad you seem to be able to click on menu parts, but definatly not working how it should here.

Not just you. It's not working for me either.

there is "Mark Forums Read | View Forum Leaders"

even at main page http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php

it's above text What's Going On?

and then in each forum, there is on right side , above the "last post" part menu where is "Forum Tools" menu

in which is subscribe etc but also "mark this forum as read"

Yes, but I miss the ability to mark the whole forum as read, not just the one I'm currently in, without having to go back to the main page. Not a huge deal, but a bit annoying. It was better when this could be done from the "Forum actions" menu.

EDIT: I don't want to sound negative, complaining about such a little thing. So, I will also add that I think that overall, the new forum is a big improvement, and a big thanks for working so hard on immediately fixing the bugs that are discovered. Not many developers listens to the players/forum users as much as BIS does!

Edited by Johan S

Yes, but I miss the ability to mark the whole forum as read, not just the one I'm currently in, without having to go back to the main page. Not a huge deal, but a bit annoying. It was better when this could be done from the "Forum actions" menu.

EDIT: I don't want to sound negative, complaining about such a little thing. So, I will also add that I think that overall, the new forum is a big improvement, and a big thanks for working so hard on immediately fixing the bugs that are discovered. Not many developers listens to the players/forum users as much as BIS does!

i see You failed even try to test it, the first way i mentioned, if you on main page of forums will set every single forum as read (everything)

and then in any subforum, use the one from 'forum options' ...

complaint 0 : Dwarden 1

p.s. you can also double click on the main page each forum icon and set it as 'read'

Edited by Dwarden

No, sorry, but it's you who don't understand the complaint. Before, if I was in, for instance, the "Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead" subforum, I could mark the whole forum (not just this subforum) read by the "Forum Actions" menu. Now, if I want to mark the whole forum read, I need to first go to the main forum page. It doesn't seem to be any way to do this from within the subforum.

Like I said, not a big thing, but a bit annoying since it used to work that way before.

No, sorry, but it's you who don't understand the complaint.

Before, if I was in, for instance, the "Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead" subforum, I

could mark the whole forum (not just this subforum) read by the "Forum Actions" menu.

Now, if I want to mark the whole forum read, I need to first go to the main forum page.

It doesn't seem to be any way to do this from within the subforum.

Like I said, not a big thing, but a bit annoying since it used to work that way before.

i explained to You that You still can

1. mark ... whole board (all of forums) from main page ... as read

2. mark ... any sub-forum on any level of forum list as read via double click on the forum's icon (left from each forum name) ... as read

3. mark ... while reading any sub-forum or thread you can use the "Forum tools" menu option ... as read

about the need mark whole forum by one more click (goto root) then I'm sorry

but it was more hassle than gain to have that option in-between other options w/o validation safety

Eh, its horrible. One, single "mark as read" link, in the top bar was convenient, powerful and useful.

The sub-forum tools are useless to me as I never go into the sub forums, only ever "New Posts" or "Search"

The main page "mark as read" is good - thats like it was before. But having it at the top, along with a "Home" link (which is also currently missing), and the "new posts" link was VERY VERY useful. It streamlined the forum reading process into very few clicks and very small mouse movements.

As it is, to get back to the main page from the "New Posts" search you have to hit the tiny house icon, so a 'Home" link like there was on the previous layout would be useful.

And very few of the bottom links work atm either, especially tho "Top" link, which was also incredibly useful...

DM?

huh, the top (right bottom cornor) works fine

rest in my previous post,

Neither of the "Top" buttons work for me, they add #top to the url, but nothing happens to the page...

We'll have to disagree forever about the top-bar links then :)

I think having a "Home" and a "Mark All Read" link up in there is far more useful than the faux social media "Invite Friends" or the "Forum Actions" -> "Edit Profile" and "Change Settings", both of which are essentially available as links AGAIN on the next line down...

i explained to You that You still can

1. mark ... whole board (all of forums) from main page ... as read

2. mark ... any sub-forum on any level of forum list as read via double click on the forum's icon (left from each forum name) ... as read

3. mark ... while reading any sub-forum or thread you can use the "Forum tools" menu option ... as read

Yes, I know how the forum works. That was never the issue.

about the need mark whole forum by one more click (goto root) then I'm sorry

but it was more hassle than gain to have that option in-between other options w/o validation safety

Fine. Like I said, it not a really big deal. Just annoying to not be able to do this directly from the sub forum any longer. This is the method I have used for a long time. And I'm apparently not the only one missing this feature, as can be seen from DM's complaints.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation, I'll just have to get used to this new method.

i like it thanks some problem with Default font when quoting , like : looks like a ; but hey overall nice and crips lines :)

same word in quuote below , bad for editing section really

i like it thanks some problem with font when quoting , like : looks like a ; but hey overall nice and crips lines :)
Edited by Thromp

Neither of the "Top" buttons work for me, they add #top to the url, but nothing happens to the page...

We'll have to disagree forever about the top-bar links then :)

I think having a "Home" and a "Mark All Read" link up in there is far more useful than the faux social media "Invite Friends" or the "Forum Actions" -> "Edit Profile" and "Change Settings", both of which are essentially available as links AGAIN on the next line down...

top (i speak about the text one at absolute bottom of page and the button one inside design) - they works for me in Opera 11.61 and in IE9

update>>> i see it's problem of Chrome browser, it happens in all skins and templates ... so nothing i can do about TOP

Home is there if you can click on the Home icon then i'm sorry (but will see if word 'Home' can be added there)

Invite friends is actually bonus feature of one of security plugins so don't be angry it's visible there (bonus so why bother)

maybe put the "mark whole forum as read" action into "Forum actions" ?

Edited by Dwarden

top (i speak about the text one at absolute bottom of page and the button one inside design) - they works for me in Opera 11.61 and in IE9

Neither are working for me in firefox 10 :/ now they work... curious

(but will see if word 'Home' can be added there)

That would be nice :)

Invite friends is actually bonus feature of one of security plugins so don't be angry it's visible there (bonus so why bother)

meh, its just more clutter IMHO

maybe put the "mark whole forum as read" action into "Forum actions" ?

A workable compromise I think, its the same number of clicks, but much less scrolling/mouse movement (thus faster) than using the main page link...