Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

That's a shame, it's a worthy feature. It stops popular posts turning into bazillion post threads with 12 year olds making there first 10 posts with "Wowzer, yuo rok" etc.

A row of a a dozen pixels with the list of thanking users is a MUCH better way of doing this, particularly when, like on this forum, we have a single thread rule (for example, ALL ACE discussion goes in the ACE thread). It keeps threads more readable and manageable.

and another person who not figured there are two searches :)

Search Single Content Type h

ere You can select in Additional Options any sub-forum http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?search_type=1

Search Multiple Contents

and that's not possible in this search http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php

If I'm yet "another person" who did not figure this out, maybe something is unclear to the users? Please have a look at this screenshot.

I thought the Search Single Content Type is active by default because of the dark grey color. I suggest either to change the color of the active menu or to use the Search Single Content Type by default. But so far I say thanks for the hint. Now I can have search like in the old times :)

i will see if something can be done with the coloring of the tabs, the indicators of which is active and also determine if not use the old one as default search

Well I guess you fixed it Dwarden Bohemia Interactive skin is working again.

I did disabled Adblock last night but it didn't fix the issue but i'll leave it disabled on these forums.

First positive: I like the new forum. Nice skin and good that the website menu is integrated (or was that already the case)?

Now the bad thing about the advanced search function, which I think is a major problem (sorry if this has been reported, no time to read all the pages):

At first I didn't know how to get to the advanced search page. I checked all the menu items but I haven't found an advanced search button in the menu (maybe I missed it?). The only way, as far as I can see and without manually entering the address to the search page, is if you first use the search form in the right top corner. On the search results page you can click on the "Search" link in the navigation part which shows "HOME | Search -> Search Results". This will lead you to the advanced search webpage.

But if you go to that page, which is located at http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php you cannot select the specific forums you want to search in. However, if you click the tab "search multiple content types" and then click the tab "search single content type" again you DO have the option, because the url changed into: http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?search_type=1 (simply check the difference between the two url's I posted and you see what I mean).

It took me at least a day to find out how you could search specific forums because it's not standard available in the advanced search option. Very very frustrating since I use a lot of search queries on forums and I am used to narrow the search results by completely tweaking the search settings. Plus, it's a bit hypocritical to say to other members to use the search function when there is such a flaw in the system.

EDIT: I see in some quotes above that something like this was already mentioned. Ah well, consider this another user who had a very confusing experience with the search function. The PROBLEM is that the standard search page search.php doesn't have the specific forums in the advanced options part. I can only conclude that this is a bug, because as Dwarden mentions this option should be there when you "Search Single Content Type", which is not the case. It's only there when the url has search.php?search_type=1 which only happens when you first change to multiple content and back to single content again.

Edited by zoog

it's not bug, vB4 defaults search to new type of multi content search

i have no idea why they decided for that, there is no option to default the single search

Ah, I see. The darker tab in the search page is not the tab you have selected, but it's the tab you don't have selected! I thought that on search.php you were on the single content type page, but you're actually at the search page for multiple content types. That explains a bit more. Strange decision of vB...

I have a very simple solution/suggestion for the search issue. Why not add a link "advanced search" in the user nav template menu(?) which directly links to http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?search_type=1 Best would probably be if the advanced search text is right of the search icon, otherwise people might think they are performing an advanced search when using the text field.

Anyway, see the screenshot for a general example:

bisexample.jpg

i was thinking of something like that or similar about the search tweaking, next week we will try improve that ...

One thing i do miss, on the start page at "currently active users" in the past were all logged in members listed so i could quickly see who's here. Now it shows only how many are on but no list anymore.

Could this be re-enabled?

Maybe have one "forum statistics" infobar with links instead of three = more space/options for other stuff?

Maybe have one "forum statistics" infobar with links instead of three = more space/options for other stuff?

what you mean? , if it's the "What's Going On?" section categories then each segment is one component, can't be made as one w/o huge amount of work (aka not gunna happen)

Myke;2111185']One thing i do miss' date=' on the start page at "currently active users" in the past were all logged in members listed so i could quickly see who's here. Now it shows only how many are on but no list anymore.

Could this be re-enabled?[/quote']

Still here for me.

Still here for me.

still here? it should not be there (only after clicking on the number) ... it was removed because it was really LOT of users and means one query less

still here? it should not be there (only after clicking on the number) ... it was removed because it was really LOT of users and means one query less

I'm using the vb3 for vb4 style, much better imho. And it's still here, and that's a good thing ! Much more useful than all the other useless stats that have been added.

oh that, well be aware that these 3 skins

vb3 for vB4 , vB4 default , mobile

are sort of unsupported by us, so many of the tweaks and features done for BI skins are not available in them

(it would mean way too many re-edits)

I'm using the vb3 for vb4 style, much better imho. And it's still here, and that's a good thing ! Much more useful than all the other useless stats that have been added.

Thanks for pointing this, switched to this style aswell. And i completely agree with you.

Now something got bugged/screwed or just a style/skin hiccup or server hamsters on weekend trip/strike? Menus appearing where they don't belong, in background there is some doubled forum site... :confused:

With statistics I mean to reduce those "Total memembers that have..." into one and have some space left for more important content.

Now something got bugged/screwed or just a style/skin hiccup or server hamsters on weekend trip/strike? Menus appearing where they don't belong, in background there is some doubled forum site... :confused:

With statistics I mean to reduce those "Total memembers that have..." into one and have some space left for more important content.

what about screenshot and mention at what page, what skin and which browser/os you use ?

cause i just tried latest IE, Opera, FF, Iron, RockMeIt, Chrome, STEAM, Desura browsers and everything seems ok

every page (header/menu), switching skin/style - doesn't change anything about it, using FF.

its like overlapping title/header or image is too big can't even see + click on user logout.

searching for a screenshot FF addon

searching for a screenshot FF addon
Press PrintScreen or Alt+Printscreen in any windows application.

Then open e.g Paint and press CTRL+V (Paste).

what version of FF? up to date noscript?

tried disable noscript?

note: i have FF10 and noscript active and i dont see such issues

Strange even with a new FF 10.0.2 install + without/deactivated add-ons I get these messed-up menus on top of the page.... :confused:

Is there something wrong with my useraccount - just in case?

well seems like the problem is just You, so unless someone else shows the same symptoms in then i got no idea what's cause