Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

For some weird reason, i have no alert when my inbox is almost full, or full for that matter. I do receive an e-mail when my inbox is at full capacity though, saying that user xyz tried to send me a PM but failed due to full inbox. Can anything be done so i can get some % of the amount of space i used (like it used to be prior to vb changes?)

For some weird reason, i have no alert when my inbox is almost full, or full for that matter. I do receive an e-mail when my inbox is at full capacity though, saying that user xyz tried to send me a PM but failed due to full inbox. Can anything be done so i can get some % of the amount of space i used (like it used to be prior to vb changes?)

i'm not sure, atm. it's this is minimal priority .. sorry , way more important things to solve first

i'm not sure, atm. it's this is minimal priority .. sorry , way more important things to solve first

no worries. just good to know it is known issue, even if very low on the priority list

In theory I have turned a notification on now for when the inbox is 90%, need some feedback though as we don't have limits on our inboxes ;)

seems to be working, at least on my pocket ipad ;) i had a pop up

Aha that's great :) By default it's 90% full but I can make it lower or higher whatever you guys want :)

90% seems to be fine i guess.

Hi, it would be nice to get a bigger scrolling area to select the forums in the search engine, cause it's a pain to read the forum names (most of the time half displayed) in such a small box :

searchub.jpg

1. HTTPS and SPDY support by BIS online assets, such as Forum, wiki, store.

2. forum/website access from within BIS games ;)

Can you guys remove the

tags, please? They do not work correctly. I am unable to maximize a video posted if it uses the [YOUTUBE] tags. I'm tired of people using these outdated tags.

See example below.

This is using the [YOUTUBE] tags:

[YOUTUBE]xub3E-CHRyg

This is using the

tags:

[video=youtube;xub3E-CHRyg]

Edited by Nicholas

Can you please adjust the width of the last column (forum category).

At 1280x1024 you cannot see the full name.. (or reduce the name length)

Sample:

p004.jpg

I have a problem that occurs only very recently. I post alot using the code tags. Only recently after the new forum updates, whenever posting in code tags, the words/code automatically formats itself differently than from where you copied it from, all jumbled up into one or two hectic lines. This used to be no problem at all what so ever, until some recent change with the forums... Can you fix this please? Thankyou.

note: I'm not sure if format was the correct word, please forgive me if that's wrong. But you get the point.

example:

_ang = random 360;   _dis = 200;  _dx = sin(_ang)*_dis; _dy = cos(_ang)*_dis;  _positionToSpawnIn = [((getpos _vehicleambush) select 0) + _dx, ((getpos _vehicleambush) select 1) + _dy, 0];  _upsgrp1 = [1,_positionToSpawnIn,1,["ambushconvoy1","spawned","nowait","showmarker","delete:",60]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";  sleep .2;  {           if (side _x == East) then  {             _x addMPEventHandler ["MPKilled", { if (_this    select 1 == player) then {totalscore = totalscore + 5;  publicVariable    "totalscore"; _text = parseText      format["%1",totalscore][nil,nil,rHint,_text] callRE}}]        
                    } 
                     } forEach [color=#ff0000]units[/color] _upsgrp1;

Here is an example of how the above should look like. NOTE: This is a real hassle when posting large, more complex code. I don't think i need to explain why...

---------- Post added at 04:57 ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 ----------

Also, making links is a pain now. I make a link. Then any type I make, in before or after gets formatted as a link.

Example (<< LOL):

True LINK - but also when i type in front or behind (see Example) the text gets formatted to become a part of the link and idk how to stop this as it's really most annoying.

Edited by Iceman77

Anyone else having some slowdowns in forums recently or is it somehow in my end? It sometimes load 20s a page. This issue has been occurred in this week and I believe this happens only in forums.

Has someone been messing with the title bar recently?

I've gone from always being able to click top-left to get new posts, to now being sent to the forum rules page every time I [habitually] click there.

Its a bit crap IMO...

fffffffffforum.jpg

result of BIForum update, will be fixed as we still updating design and some components / modules etc.

i guess it is for the same reason there is no smartphone template anymore

result of BIForum update, will be fixed

And that it has, great :rthumb: thanks

Topic subscription and incoming PM emails haven't been working for a month now. Or have been arriving weeks late.

Yep I just got another new PM notification, just the PM was already ~10 days old.

Maybe one of the hamsters was revived and now must run the wheel on his own - when he doesn't pass out out that is. :)

I'm trying to add an event to my forum calendar - I'm not even sure if this is a public or private calendar - but the calendar only goes up to year 2012.

I'm trying to add an event to my forum calendar - I'm not even sure if this is a public or private calendar - but the calendar only goes up to year 2012.

fixed

> Would it be possible, similarly to other forum software, to add an "unspoil" button.

Sometimes what a reader "spoils" is so extensive that it would help to hide it all back. Minor usability feature.

> Another thing i would suggest is when using "New posts" functionality, listed threads which have been read (considered updated) are droped off the list.

I find it helpful to keep them in that search list not only as a reminder (i usualy have multiple tabs threads tabbed) but as a one click access (in case tab was closed), if I am not mistaken this is the way it functions while not logged in.

EDIT:

Suggestion stands, further usage confirms that as soon as one logs in, read threads are being kept track of and are dropped from the list.

I was temporarily lead to believe the suggestion was taken since, while coming from logged off status, the suggested behaviour was taking place (read threads are kept in list, in regular font - non-bold).

Edited by gammadust