Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

USAF F-16C Falcon

I really like this aircraft! Was sweet to see it has laser pod under in the GBU-version too!

A little feedback though: The F-16 uses a 20mm M61 Vulcan instead of a 25mm GAU-12, and houses 511 rounds instead of those 300 or what it is, and also has a drastically higher rate of fire.

Good job, and keep it up!

your planes for OFP were also great smile_o.gif

i wait for MIG 21, 23, 29 wink_o.gif

I keep thinking I'm playing falcon 4. I wish it had proper avionics with CCIP and full radar modes etc it would be great- ah well one can but wish.... Has anybody made a good mission using mandobles missiles and the f-16 yet? I may try myself - if we can recreate the falcon 4 dynamic war in arma it would be a joy.

Is there a way we could slave the UAV targeting script that was out to this it kind of worked like a targeting pod.

Since this jet came to ArmA and some nice fighter pilots iv been playing a lot of flying missions but iv got an issue i cant target ground targets with my GBUs can some one help me on this?

To target with the GBUs you need a man on the groud who has to have a Laser Designator, he "paints" the target and then you can drop the bomb.

I find fucking nice to blow up BMPs and infantry with the canon.

Since this jet came to ArmA and some nice fighter pilots iv been playing a lot of flying missions but iv got an issue i cant target ground targets with my GBUs can some one help me on this?

This plane needs a targeting pod please can somebody script one

Mandoble help us!!!! :-)

Damn you all...

All these addons get released nearly at once (F16, F18, some more voices for AI), without even speaking of the next patch getting nearer.

And what happens : no more computer for unknown reasons banghead.gif

Footmunch : your F16 looks fairly nice ! It's definitely worth being in the game (as well as some soviet/SLA counter part, like MiG21/23/29 !wink_o.gif. I know it's day dreaming, but is it possible to see some common scriptings with Franze's F/A18 ? This will definitely improve your addons smile_o.gif

Haven't been able to test this in game, but just from the pictures, I can tell the pilot is seating a good 50cm lower than he should.

Good job ! I hope to see more like this in the future !

Malick

I agree 100%. More community addon building and less pointless competition is needed for better addons. Footmunch I know was a major power in spawning a fast number of addon makers and mods by helping them out. Hopefully the maker/s of the F-18 will help out Footmunch and develop a standard script system that will be used on all future aircraft addons (ejection seat, life raft, etc....). Now what is needed is a good flare script and ECM script.

With that said, I know that Footmunch is a great scripter...but hey if it's already been invented and works well, no sense in reinventing the wheel. But maybe the Footmunch, you can work to optimize scripts or with some other scripting experts to better develop a standardized package of aircraft scripts that can be incorporated into any aircraft.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Some thing similar to ACE that was been developed up for OFP, but on a smaller scale, just for common scripts like:

ejection

flares

ECM

Would be handy for all addon makers smile_o.gif

EddyD give us that agressor with a couple different load outs!

nope tounge2.gif

not yet , still working that one , im only the skinner

im working this one too

IDF16.jpg

most change the tails markings

wow, reminds me of that eighties action movie 'Iron Eagle'........will we see a bird in that camo in the next release? please, please please inlove.gif

OH wow! Those are Israeli Airforce cammo patterns! Awesome! It just needs the IAF roundels!

smile_o.gif

Now I'm really excited!!!

notworthy.gif

yay.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Apart from the clipping when looking behind, the only other issue I see is firing the mav inverted causes it to collide and you stop dead in the sky. You get the same issue when you drop a mav while pushing the nose down. Not sure if it does this with other weapons but when your firing at a shilka and you collide with your mav you become a stationary target for a few seconds. Not good lol

Just me or is this really camoed..

F-16 Camo #1

This one fighting in africa haha?

Camo #2

Anyways...

Im pretty sure the first is photoshopped, but the second is real.

EDIT: Oh, and about the above (way above), I hope if you did plan to implement a weapons selection system like the F-18 you would also still include various "Pre-made" versions, such as the Cas, cap, etc. to make it easier for ai configuration in the editor.

Just me or is this really camoed..

F-16 Camo #1

This one fighting in africa haha?

Camo #2

Anyways...

Im pretty sure the first is photoshopped, but the second is real.

EDIT: Oh, and about the above (way above), I hope if you did plan to implement a weapons selection system like the F-18 you would also still include various "Pre-made" versions, such as the Cas, cap, etc. to make it easier for ai configuration in the editor.

First one is definitely photoshopped.

Yeah it is. I remember that pic on a advertisement for the company that makes the digital cammo uniforms for various countries. In the pic it mentioned that it was a recreation. However you have to admit that it works VERY well and I'm honestly extremely surprised that digital cammo hasn't been applied to American vehicles and aircraft. Jordan has actually used digital cammo paint jobs on alot of their vehicles and if I remember right, a few of their aircraft. Without a doubt the stuff works well.

If my Mod finds a good texture artist willing to help us out, we'll make a Jordanian pack with infantry and vehicles using their excellent digital cammo as used today in real life.

But yeah definitely a nice idea for a fictional F-16 paint job. Maybe it'll cause the USAF to take a look at it and change their paint jobs.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

thank you for this nice plane and offcourse texture.

some off-bis features will be nice to see in future, such as afterburner or other stuff, but anyway thank you a lot, for jet "amateur" these mod are every time a welcomed gif smile_o.gif

Yeah it is.  I remember that pic on a advertisement for the company that makes the digital cammo uniforms for various countries.   In the pic it mentioned that it was a recreation.  However you have to admit that it works VERY well and I'm honestly extremely surprised that digital cammo hasn't been applied to American vehicles and aircraft.   Jordan has actually used digital cammo paint jobs on alot of their vehicles and if I remember right, a few of their aircraft.  Without a doubt the stuff works well.  

If my Mod finds a good texture artist willing to help us out, we'll make a Jordanian pack with infantry and vehicles using their excellent digital cammo as used today in real life.

But yeah definitely a nice idea for a fictional F-16 paint job.  Maybe it'll cause the USAF to take a look at it and change their paint jobs.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Actually, that type of paint job on an aircraft would make it easier to see from the ground, where a lot of threats to the aircraft are based, especially in todays "fire and forget from 3+ miles away" world that we fly in.

It might have been a good idea for the previous Iraqi "Air Force" to paint their aircraft like that, though. From what I heard, most of them were "shot down" while on the ground.

hey footmunch..... its friday........ biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Fantastic work thanks could anyone tell me what this is classed under name wise so can add to script i looked but no readme or nothing cheers.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Fantastic work thanks could anyone tell me what this is classed under name wise so can add to script i looked but no readme or nothing cheers.

Its just listed as:

<ul>AIR > F-16C (CAS)

AIR > F-16C (CAP)

AIR > F-16C (GBU)

And the class names are respectively:

<ul>rkta_f16_1

rkta_f16_2

rkta_f16_3