Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

USAF F-16C Falcon

... But at the same time, I hope at least that Alexduke made every effort to get ahold of Footmunch and that nothing negative was done to the addon.

sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Alexduke performs a good job (I think personally) and requests us for checking his modifications. Footmunch and the community has to decide weather to use the result or not.

@Inkslinger: I think a warning / automatic defense system got introduced by mandoble.

It should be adaptable to any kind of airborne vehicle in the missions code, so I see no need to implement this into the addon, although a standalone implementation was performed by William 1

BR,

mike

This plane needs some Mk82/83/84 ! Thanks BIS for not breaking the single missile proxy confused_o.gif

Would be nice to have a couple more loadouts (with AGM, free fall bombs and AIM9/120).

No news from Footmunch ? This thing called real life...

Malick

unfortunately it has been a while since his last post, and his Email address is not posted...... so now what....

have you tried the email button?

if he answers is another story all together

@ Footmunch :

if you're still out there, any chance for a signed version?

@Burns, yes I still forget to link it.

The direct DL link is: http://duke49th.de/ArmA/Downloads/index.php?file=16&sort=1

@Noraf & rest:

Footmunch won't answer me(for weeks). I alredy tried the E-mail button and also PM.

But it is still in work:

I have to make a damagetexture for the weaponrack (simply forget)

I have to add shadows(I don't use shadows ingame so I forget this too)

A Teammate of me wants to reskin it and add a animated Canopy smile_o.gif I will see if he get it worked and how long this tooks.

I'm a noob in modding so it can take a while.....

Footmunch won't answer me(for weeks). I alredy tried the E-mail button and also PM.

In the topic in which Placebo has posted about the correct procedure regarding this he has also said if you can't get a hold of a person you can ask him for help too.

Did you try that?

In the topic in which Placebo has posted about the correct procedure regarding this he has also said if you can't get a hold of a person you can ask him for help too.

Did you try that?

The following quote is a thin ice thingie, but since it´s quite relevant and me being "unbannable" because of that welcome back signature ... rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]..bla bla..

<span style='color:red'>Mr burns: well apart from that i doubt that youll be able to get in contact with him ... what happens in that case?</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Placebo_BIS: If they're completely out of contact and have been for more than 6 months or so I'm tending to say that the stuff be used but the readme gives full credit, details attempt to contact, and explains that if the owner comes back to the community and requests you don't use something you stop using it immediately. At the end of the day if someone no longer cares about ArmA/community/addons and such I don't see why they could care enough to want to protect something they once released into that community</span>

<span style='color:red'>Mr burns: thats fine smile_o.gif</span>

Nah not really thin ice... just requires alot of patience. Personally I think 6 months is a bit long, but in this case, I'm quite certain Footmunch has not left the community. He's just a busy man in real life and making free addons shouldn't take priority in anyone's life. But a Yes/No answer to modifications would be good and several mod teams are waiting for permission to use his stuff from OFP (conversions). I'm actually kinda worried about him, because usually he's easy to contact and he's a super cool guy. I really hope everything is ok in Footmunch's life.

Wherever you are brother Footmunch, I'll save a cold beer for you.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm actually kinda worried about him, because usually he's easy to contact and he's a super cool guy.  I really hope everything is ok in Footmunch's life.

I wouldn't be worried, exactly the same thing happened just prior to him appearing for the F16 release ..... vanished for months.

biggrin_o.gif I was the one at that time sayin "hope hes ok" lol

My modifications are primarily for me and my Falconsquad members.

But I thought, why don't let other people download and use it.

I don't made downgrades. I only made upgrades.

If he don't like it, he can always tell me and I remove/cut the DL link.

I PM'ed him at 3. of June and mailed him at 4. or 5. of June. 6 Month are definitly too much. I hope BI brings out ArmA2 in the next 6 Month....and then I maybe don't play ArmA1 anymore....have to see....

Let's see what happend.

I give Footmunch all Credits for the F-16 in the readme!

And I wrote that I just changed some parts of the addon.

And I have updated the Addon. I turned down the volume of the Breathing Sound.

I can't add Shadow to the Parts I added, because of the 1000-Points limitation. (There are some more Parts of the F-16 that have no shadows but this is done by Footmunch. (The same goes with the Damagetextures for some Parts)

And finally it is binarized...and I have no Idea how to handle it. My english is bad and I am a noob in modeling. Sorry.

I using Franze's flare on new F-16 but it don't launch the flare when enemy missile lock on.

But it work on F-16 before I downloaded. I don't know what's happend. Could anyone help? Thanks.

To Alexdule:

I have one more question is why your M61A2 20mm MG can not lock on any targets? Thanks.

Update: I oversee that the CAS Version have missing damage texture too, sry. Now it is fixed.

And I also corrected the volume of the engine and breathing sound. Don't ask me, what the hell is going wrong. I set the correct volume before my first release. Maybe ArmA had a bug

this day or so...

DL: http://duke49th.de/ArmA/Downloads/index.php?file=16&sort=1

@MonsterXXX: I don't know. Sorry. Maybe it has something to do with the weapon itself? Really don't know.

@Alexduke :

Any chance we can get a signed version of your modification of Footmunchs' addon? :P

The reason i'm asking is that the server we're using over @ nopryl are only allowing signed addons ( well, atleast we're working on it, so we'll end up with just signed addons)

@Alexduke :

Any chance we can get a signed version of your modification of Footmunchs' addon?  :P

The reason i'm asking is that the server we're using over @ nopryl are only allowing signed addons ( well, atleast we're working on it, so we'll end up with just signed addons)

Oh dear smile_o.gif

It is unfinished. Wait at least till I fixed the Shadow and damage-texture problem.

If it is easy and quick to make a key, I include a key before I am finish!

I updated the sound again. Now the frequency and tone of the breathing sound depends on speed. There are 3 steps.

(It was planned for simulating stress under G-force pulling but it won't work in ArmA I think...the sounds are from OpenFalcon)

DL is the same as in the Postings above

To Alexduke,

I know where the problem from of your new release when MG can't lock on the target and Franze's flare can not launching when enemy's missile lock on you. So I modify to correct.

1. Flare can not launch. The problem from your EventHandlers

in config and init.sqs file. So I removed it than flare can launch when enemy's missile lock on you.

2. M61A2 20mm MG can not lock on any targrt. The problem from "class D_m61 : B_20mm_AA" and "class Duke_m61 : CannonCore".

2-1. From "class D_m61 : B_20mm_AA"

airlock = true;------>airlock = 1;

laserLock = false;------->laserLock = 1;

irLock = true;------->irLock = 1;

2-2. From "class Duke_m61 : CannonCore".

You set "CanLock = LockYes;" I was removed it. So everything good to go!!

3. The F-16 CAS will suddenly crashed after launched AGM-65G Maverick. I think it maybe have bug but I don't know how to fix it.

4. It without key for MP mission. I was played it for many time on MP.

5. I use real F-16 afterburner sound it's really cool sound. If you want it I can send it for you. I hope you don't mind I modify your new version and my bad english. Thanks.

To Alexduke,

I know where the problem from of your new release when MG can't lock on the target and Franze's flare can not launching when enemy's missile lock on you. So I modify to correct.

in config and init.sqs file. So I removed it than flare can launch when enemy's missile lock on you.

2. M61A2 20mm MG can not lock on any targrt. The problem from "class D_m61 : B_20mm_AA" and "class Duke_m61 : CannonCore".

3. The F-16 CAS will suddenly crashed after launched AGM-65G Maverick. I think it maybe have bug but I don't know how to fix it.

5. I use real F-16 afterburner sound it's really cool sound. If you want it I can send it for you. I hope you don't mind I modify your new version and my bad english. Thanks.

Try my config - class names have been changed, but at this stage it's tolerable. Now addon should be compatible with XEH - requiring it is worth it.  wink_o.gif

To Alexduke,

Try my config - class names have been changed, but at this stage it's tolerable. Now addon should be compatible with XEH - requiring it is worth it.  wink_o.gif

To zGuba,

I found a problem is when I tested it on ARMA edit it will show this:

" No entry 'bin\config.bin/Cfgmagazines/DUK_510Rnd_M61_F16.picture'.

Is it something you missing?

Except DUK_M61 everything ran is good F16 CAS was nomore bugs.

Just fixed some issues and filtered the config via cfgConvert/unRAP procedure:

http://pastebin.com/m1dd14076

Maverick proxy bug [damaging own aircraft] is still present. Maybe switch to ArmA proxies / ammo instead?

Here's the result, I'm not signing it as it's not my work. The only changes are in init.sqs (_this instead of _plane = _this select 0) and the config.

http://rapidshare.com/files/125001174/RKTa_F16.7z

To zGuba,

Typo in base class - 750Rnd_M197_AH1Z where should be 750Rnd_M197_AH1 wink_o.gif

EDIT:

I believe that B_20mm_AA and M168 would be better base for M61 - a lot more effective against aircrafts. Changed addon is there:

http://rapidshare.com/files/125009931/RKTa_F16.7z

Just fixed some issues and filtered the config via cfgConvert/unRAP procedure:

http://pastebin.com/m1dd14076

Maverick proxy bug [damaging own aircraft] is still present. Maybe switch to ArmA proxies / ammo instead?

Here's the result, I'm not signing it as it's not my work. The only changes are in init.sqs (_this instead of _plane = _this select 0) and the config.

http://rapidshare.com/files/125001174/RKTa_F16.7z

To zGuba,

Typo in base class - 750Rnd_M197_AH1Z where should be 750Rnd_M197_AH1 wink_o.gif

EDIT:

I believe that B_20mm_AA and M168 would be better base for M61 - a lot more effective against aircrafts. Changed addon is there:

http://rapidshare.com/files/125009931/RKTa_F16.7z

Yeah, thanks!

I didn't know the difference between the ammotype's....sounds better. The real M16A2 Vulcan have explosive ammo primarily against Aircrafts.

Many thanks zGuba!