Sign in to follow this  
SaBrE_UK

ArmA 2 Press Coverage

Is he trying to be ironic by wearing a shirt that says 'BUG' in huge letters? wink_o.gif

Is he trying to be ironic by wearing a shirt that says 'BUG' in huge letters? wink_o.gif

Nice catch rofl.gif

Nice catch rofl.gif

Internal team solidarity shirt, nothing significant.

any body knows where was this video originally taken from ? (level 2008 ??) the youtube video says it is added on June 28 but how do we know how old/new it really is ?

And I second the request for a translation since showing new models, shadows etc.. is not of much interest to me but i hope he said something informative    thumbs-up.gif

All hail Marek Spanel and his BUG t-shirt

notworthy.gif

Edit: By the way what was that interface at 0:34 it wasn't the editor nor did it look like the new command interface so what was it ?

Its look like a old preview, I think I saw some Pages of this:

Something new in this preview?

It was clearly the missoion editor with red sidebars.. I hope the BUGs from ArmA are gone in ArmA 2. I hope to get a good story and some Ai improvements. huh.gif And I hope it is running on my system and the game comes out in 2008.

then I gonna buy it.

Has there been any statements on whether they're keeping the same voices or overhauling them?

From 6:25 to 6:35

US Navy Wasp or Tarawa class?

That'll fantastic if that's included. I thought it was going to be pointless to request any ships/sea craft since Chernarus was not going to be an island this time, but I guess it must still have a coastline & sea afterall, which is reassuring.

Awesome with a small aircraft / chopper carrier type of vehicle smile_o.gif

Nice work BIS! inlove.gif

Same shit with other name. BIS stop create rabbit, new forest, and new textures and start create a really good game, with realistic features, and without BUGS!!!

BIS follow bad way.

Anything can translate part of speak OFP2?

@Legolasindar : You are not constructive at all. If you think better environments (forests, plants, skies, buildings, fogs), models (Wasp, JSF, HIND, KA52, Osprey etc...), better AI (better pathfing, use of covers) or features (true VTOL) don't contribute to make a "good" and "realistic" game, please define what are your standards then, there are plenty of threads for that.

Arma is a good game, and Arma II should by incrementaly better (though maybe not mind-blowingly different) in various aspects from what I can see.

Aircraft carriers is so cool, and this wasp could have a dock for boats inside too...

BIS should work on the AI more rather than the graphics.....MAKE THOSE DAMN AI SMARTER.... banghead.gif

Have anyone seen this

It's not Christmas yet but anyway:

ArmA 2 Interview (Level 165) English captions wink_o.gif

Marek Spanel seems to be one of the last honest guys in the worldwide business (of any kind).

I really like this!

Its interessting to read and i saw that the houses with the two NPC looks really improved over the OFP/ARMA/VBS1 ones - yeahaa....

Thanks Deadfast for it! wink_o.gifnotworthy.gif

I love how they have yet to say if they campaign is still dynamic or not. While the very limited RPG elements they mentioned COULD be a sign of a campaign thats dynamic, they also simply could be used in long scripted missions. ArmA2 was suppose to do away with the old (bad) scripted campaigns of the past, and be something new and refreshing...

If thats been scraped too (along with EVERYTHING that made Game2 sound so good), then I really fail to see how ArmA2 is going to be anything more then a modded ArmA1.

Hmm stakex, just for information, but what are all those scraped features planned for Game2? Can you maybe write a brief overview on them?

Awesome with a small aircraft / chopper carrier type of vehicle

Im not too sure after watching the interview if this is from armed assault 2 or if the clip with the ship is a clip from flashpoint 2

Im not too sure after watching the interview if this is from armed assault 2 or if the clip with the ship is a clip from flashpoint 2

Hmm stakex, just for information, but what are all those scraped features planned for Game2? Can you maybe write a brief overview on them?

I think he's talking about the dynamic destruction system which was cut back so that the AI could use the buildings and that it would be possible to use in multi-player.

To my knowledge, the rpg system and dynamic campaign was never well defined.  I think it will almost certainly not be a fully dynamic campaign. In order to have a cohesive story, you can't have the computer decide what happens next all the time because the events in the story have to line up with voice assets and such.

Recalling way back to pre arma days, I think they might have said something about the war being fully automated and continuous to the point where there weren't discrete missions but an unbroken, continuing experience (like an rpg). I'm a bit foggy on that, though.

The talking with civy's etc. sounds great.

I aint so happy with the everyunit can heal ting and the no complicated character building, it reminds me of the crappy campaign from arma where there were no characters at all.

I also hope they or make 2 versions of the game one optimized for the pc and one for the console so that the PC one doesnt need to dumbed down to make it posible to play it with a controler only.

I love how they have yet to say if they campaign is still dynamic or not. While the very limited RPG elements they mentioned COULD be a sign of a campaign thats dynamic, they also simply could be used in long scripted missions. ArmA2 was suppose to do away with the old (bad) scripted campaigns of the past, and be something new and refreshing...

If thats been scraped too (along with EVERYTHING that made Game2 sound so good), then I really fail to see how ArmA2 is going to be anything more then a modded ArmA1.

Id hope that the Warfare map was in part a test to see how a dynamic campaign could work. The potential is there. You just need to replace the single duplicated 'take town' scenario with a large number of differing sub missions.. that depended on the overall progess of the players side. Complicated sure. But doable.

Id love to see a massive dynamic co-op campaign - that can allow saving of state somehow. but ill guess we'll see.

Your not serious are you?

It's pretty obvious that that's arma2. Look closely at the guys standing on deck and you'll know if you played the game.