Sign in to follow this  
SaBrE_UK

ArmA 2 Press Coverage

Some new ArmA 2 screenshots from Gamestar.de.

Looks rather good in my opinion. Much better quality of graphics and game than ArmA 1 when it first appeared.

Perhaps there should be a sticky thread where we can keep new information regarding ArmA 2, perhaps this one?

Uh Wow, Absolutely lovely screens BIS!

Keep up the good Work.

It look Like OFP (All saturated and Gritty) THats exactly how it should be thumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

very nice, and the terrain looks realistic for once, it almost reminds me of my home. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It look Like OFP (All saturated and Gritty) THats exactly how it should be

QFT

Okay. Thanks for the info about the pictures.

It's looking good this far.

What I'm wondering if the PC & Xbox360 versions are released at the same time. I hope they are. It would make it possible to see what kind of demand there really is for a Xbox360 version versus the PC version. Otherwise we are just going to buy the version which comes out first (PC I guess) and most people will then ignore the other version.

Edit: Me thinks, for BIS' customer support & troubleshooting department it could be better to publish the Xbox360 version first... it could reduce the relative number of PC users and thus would reduce the overall need to troubleshoot problems with hardware & software not created by BIS.

Edit: Me thinks, for BIS' customer support & troubleshooting department it could be better to publish the Xbox360 version first... it could reduce the relative number of PC users and thus would reduce the overall need to troubleshoot problems with hardware & software not created by BIS.

ummmm no, consoles are evil.

Pics are looking good

The color is alot better here then what it was in ArmA. Not so heavly contrasted as before. Soft shadow because of clouded weather?

Picture 1

Love the grass foliage, camoflage and how the AI backs up to the tank.

Picture 1

Picture 2

inlove.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

The colors look a lot more like OFP than ArmA, which is really good imo.

Its looking pretty good, but obviouslly still room for improvement. Of course graphics aren't everything... can't wait to start getting more info about the gameplay.

it is superb, but if waitings and the requests of the community are not taken into account, it is a “suicide†announced all that… It's will be strong damage nevertheless… confused_o.gif

Looks fantastic (the grass in particular looks worryingly realistic) but don't forget that until we see anything in motion (i.e. how the AI behaves) we shouldn't assume anything. That screenshot regarding the soldiers taking cover could be entirely posed. There's nothing wrong with enthusiasm or optimism, but we should wait and seee before jumping to conclusions.

It looks the same as ArmA just new models and terrain. Only slightly better lighting.

Nice pics waiting for more from official site like ingame vid.

Quote[/b] ]Me thinks, for BIS' customer support & troubleshooting department it could be better to publish the Xbox360 version first... it could reduce the relative number of PC users and thus would reduce the overall need to troubleshoot problems with hardware & software not created by BIS.

Bad and evil PC users!!! Don't use such silly hardware & software! biggrin_o.gif

Okay. Thanks for the info about the pictures.

It's looking good this far.

What I'm wondering if the PC & Xbox360 versions are released at the same time. I hope they are. It would make it possible to see what kind of demand there really is for a Xbox360 version versus the PC version. Otherwise we are just going to buy the version which comes out first (PC I guess) and most people will then ignore the other version.

I dont understand your desire to get this game series to console. The best thing has always been the community created mods, addons and missions. Where it would be in console scene where modding is nowhere same than in PC?

This thread is not for yet more tedious PC v Console gamers debating, please don't do it.

It looks the same as ArmA just new models and terrain. Only slightly better lighting.

What did you expect really, its Arma II, a wargame with the same engine they always have used, updated(graded) though of course.

Hope they have reworked the weapon sway to something more like in VBS1, sure I want realism but Im using a frigging keyboard and mouse to handle my gun, not my real arms.

There is a fine line when in-game realism becomes unrealistic, reason mentioned above. whistle.gif

I'm looking at those screens and arma photography thread and I don't see the difference between ArmA and ArmA2?

For me it's one big joke.

It's look like nobody care about our needs.

*sorrow*

I'm looking at those screens and arma photography thread and I don't see the difference between ArmA and ArmA2?

*sorrow*

WTF? They are just screenshots. You can't tell what gameplay improvements are in there. Maybe you should read previews and watch videos instead of staring at pictures.

Graphically, what do you expect? icon_rolleyes.gif There are more important things than graphics. Those graphics sure aren't dated.

Screens look good to me. Hope they do something about those animations and re-work the particle effects. I guess effects don't have high priority yet.

Seems like reading people comments is usually a waste of time here banghead.gif

whistle.gif

AI positioning looks good (using cover and corners against the tank), Trees placement and density look better. Can't wait for more vids and interviews. thumbs-up.gif

*sorrow*

Well, when the first series of ArmA screens came out, it looked just like OFP. So theres a decent chance the look will improve alot over the coming months. But remember, the better the graphics, the more of a problem with removing lag.

Also, HOPEFULLY most of the major improvements will be in gameplay and not graphics. Id rather buy a game that has similar graphics to ArmA, and much better gameplay. As opposed to a game that looks amazing, but has the same gameplay issues ArmA had.

Adversly... if it looks and plays just like ArmA, BIS is wasting their time. I doubt that tho.