Hi, thanks Ebud for your "love words" man, but when they allowed

me to wear a boonie hat (bought by me) i had to attach a "strings

system" to keep the front wing of the boonie hat up to see what i

had above my level, and i never had any problem when laying prone

with or without the vest, with or without the ALLICE Medium and

the sleeping bag plus the camping tent. And they're not "my M4's"

man... they're OUR; M4's... your's... mine's... and of the rest of the

players. A whole lotta love for you man. Let's C ya

We'll just agree to disagree as we each have our own reasons for being right smile_o.gif Maybe whomever takes them over will redo them, but I really see no reason to.

Hi, Kolgujev looks good, those walls arround the base look a bit

weird, as very diferent to the OFP ones and to the ones in the

ArmA; but the terrain itself seems to look very well. Let's C ya

Kolgujev looks good smile_o.gif

I see there are some pics of Everon on Javes Gastovski's Blog.

Looks good too. But IMO the North Sahrani grass from the beta patches would suit it better. Nothing else I can criticise about it.

Thats looking absolutely fantastic!! Cant wait to replay the old OFP campaign in the Arma engine, thats gonna be a blast... yay.gif

According the latest screens, including those from the gastovski blog, the grass on everon (and malden?) has become green again. great! the brown autumn look of the demo release irritated me. those screens look so good. especially kolgujev looks like a lot of time spent. absolutely fantastic!

nice screens. cant wait for full cwr to come out smile_o.gif

very beatiful screens! Makes me think of the ofp mission where you as a A-10 pilot went on a boming run to Kolgujev to pick off some armor or was it shilkas.. biggrin_o.gif great screens anyways! thumbs-up.gif

do you guys gonna show us some remade civilian vehicles from ofp or are you going to use the arma ones?

I hope if you do bring back the old OFP era civilian cars, bring back the Mini, that was such a cool car to drive. smile_o.gif

But if they change too much then it will break OFP missions. Both official and non-official. They want to make mission conversion as smooth as possible.

I'm SURE the ArmA engine is already breaking the OFP missions, requiring tweaking.

I understand that the goal is to recreate the OFP experience, but the goal of OFP development was to faithfully recreate a hot 1985 Cold War setting. (I remember the very public discussion between B.I. and the platoon of fans who had not yet even played a demo. There were a few who kept saying, "It's just a game!", while B.I. kept giving us what we asked for.) Seems like you'd want to correct old mistakes (Bizon, HK G36, U.S.ARmy National Guard with M16A2's instead of A1's, etc.)

Basically, because the project is avoiding shooting for historical reality, modders will have to mod the mod. Of course, it was done for OFP:CWC and R, so why not again?

I'm sure it will be fun. I had plenty of fun with Operation Flashpoint: Elite on the XBox. At the end of the day, there isn't a whole lot of difference between one ATLauncher and another, as long as it gets the job done.

But if they change too much then it will break OFP missions. Both official and non-official. They want to make mission conversion as smooth as possible.

I'm SURE the ArmA engine is already breaking the OFP missions, requiring tweaking.

Surprisingly most of the missions I worked on so far are working pretty well "out of the box".

Problems appear only where animations are used (which don't exist anymore) or if the changed AI screwing things up. Some missions were done in 10 - 15 mins, while others took me an hour or more to get them work and talk the AI into doing what I want. smile_o.gif

But yes, it needs a lot of tweaking and sometimes even improvisation.

Basically, because the project is avoiding shooting for historical reality, modders will have to mod the mod.  Of course, it was done for OFP:CWC and R, so why not again?

I'm sure it will be fun.  I had plenty of fun with Operation Flashpoint: Elite on the XBox.  At the end of the day, there isn't a whole lot of difference between one ATLauncher and another, as long as it gets the job done.

Would a mod of the mod have to be called "Cold War

Rearmed Rearmed"?

Ultimately part of the OFP experience was the mistakes

in authenticity (together with the "bunch of bananas" hands

and the "I've just crapped my pants" walking anims). It felt

like playing with those cheapo "made in Hong Kong" plastic

toy soldiers. If I wanted realism with OFP I'd try some mods

or - most often - just use my imagination.

I applaud the aims of the CWR project. It'll be like playing

with more expensive (and better painted) toy soldiers.

Well, in its time OFP:CWC was the most realistic soldier sim the PC had ever seen. The closest things to it were probably Delta Force 2 (for outdoor combat) and Rogue Spear or SWAT 3 for CQB. It never felt like toy soldiers, to me. It felt like, "Oh $hit! Here comes a Hind/T-80/Shilka!"

Will resistance really fight in woods of CWR with that colored "pajama camo" bdu like its shown on some pics at Armed Assault Info huh.gif

Would be nice if some kind of DPM or Flecktarn will be taken instead of that "bullseye" uniforms. Anyway looking forward for CWR and some kind of ArmA "customized" missions/campaigns. smile_o.gif

Yeah, I have to agree with NoRailgunner on the pajama camo.  It's not really camo at all like that. confused_o.gif

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to the full release.  Can't wait to see some civies! smile_o.gif

I must agree with my two contemporaries here on the vividness of the resistance camo. The res camo was the same camouflage depicted in the resistance box art. This camouflage here looks more like some kind of strange urban camo.

It looks like the camo is a dirtied up Swiss Red Alpenflage. This is the closest I could get, skimming through Mark's Camouflage Uniform Index.

Alpenflage Camo (pic over 100kb)

SWISSALPHAT.JPG

B0000646Q5.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056710395_.jpg

SWISS_ALPENFLAGE_JACKET.JPG

ofresistancescrn35.jpg

103772.jpg

In fact, I'm 100% positive it's Alpenflage because if you look closely at the Resistance cover, on the hat you can see little hash marks on the edges of the red and green amoebas. The same marks appear on the close up of the alpenflage hat, and the hats are cut the same, with 3 seams on the forehead.

I don't know how many more times we need to repeat this:

CWR will be exactly the same as OFP:R was, including the same vehicles, units, weapons, missions and yes - even the same camouflage that has been used in OFP:R.

Like it or not - the goal of the mod is to bring OFP back, not making it a hyper-realistic one.

What I was saying, to reiterate, is that the camouflage you chose does not match the camouflage from ofp resistance. The camo from res has red, green, black, and tan in it. Yours has red, white, grey, and black. Alpenflage, which has widely available swatches, has the right colours, the right number of colours, and the right pattern size. Not only does it match the pattern in the ofp res screen shot, but it also matches the pattern that the actor on the cover of ofp res was wearing. The reference for the ofp res units came from somewhere wink_o.gif I believe that the pattern that they were using was alpenflage. The pattern currently on your res units does not have the right colours, mean frequency, tonal range, or anything. I hope that you change it in the interest of faithfulness to ofp.

cool that you guys are making the resistance troops too! thumbs-up.gif

but... please make the red on the uniforms stand out a little bit less, they feel like they are gonna be seen from 10 km away or something with that camo wink_o.gif I don't care about realism just about the fun and "customability".

Hope i dont sound to negative but otherwise i think its the only tweak needed. Btw have you got the Pv35 truck in all its variants, fuel, ammo , troop transport ect. being made for resistance too? welcome.gif