Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

We at CWR have no set release date yet.  smile_o.gif

put the facts on the table, will be there an update within the next 6 months? it is not a shame if the answer is no. we all know that the work is immense and depends on only some leading heads. a lot of people are waiting for this mod to have a 2nd ofp reborn feeling and could create or convert their favourite/lovely ofp missions.

in hope to get a real answer and no its done when...

That exactly is only answer you can get.

If they have no release date, it`s done when it`s done. wink_o.gif

And well, i think we`ll see it here once there is something new to announce.

We at CWR have no set release date yet.  smile_o.gif

put the facts on the table, will be there an update within the next 6 months? it is not a shame if the answer is no. we all know that the work is immense and depends on only some leading heads. a lot of people are waiting for this mod to have a 2nd ofp reborn feeling and could create or convert their favourite/lovely ofp missions.

in hope to get a real answer and no its done when...

Which part of "We at CWR have no set release date yet." you don't understand?

Update for what? The next release will be CWR 1.0 with everything that was included in the original OFP release. And what use it has if we now say "Yes there will be something within the next half year" and then we can't release it for whatever reason?

Exactly - it has no use, except for the flamebaiters which then use the chance to flame the CWR team to death for not keeping their promise.

As Mr_Tea correctly said: It's done when it's done.

Can I add something in here -

I, along with many people have been anticipating this, and hope it does indeed transpire to completion smile_o.gif

Imo only

I dont suggest going too overboard on addon content to match what is in Ofp, primarily because of course, this is the sort of stuff that can really lengthen the time, alot.

Personally, I would focus the most on transferring over the campaign itself, heck, even just using the standard Arma vehicles and weapons at first - then, dependant on time move to making further addons for it.

At least all of the content is there in the campaign to be translated over, and its a wonderfully done job, the feeling is there, etc - so what if maybe a jeep has to be a humvee, a weapon has to be somethign else, etc - (just examples, i think there is a jeep made for arma now right? tounge2.gif)

The campaign content itself I think is enough to really bring alot of life into Arma.

I also feel the same towards game play changes/misc/etc - I recall when the first version of FFUR came out, it was a bit buggy, but I thought, and alot of people thought it was great! Then the team went into mass game play changes, etc, etc, and the project updates ended up going into years of time.

Just saying, dont lose focus on the most important things in the campaign, no new addons but the campaign translated over into Arma is better than new addons but the campaign itself never makes it, or takes 2 years to get there wink_o.gif

This is just my opinion, I hope the project goes well for you all in the team smile_o.gif

But you seem to forget that the OFP campaign plays in a completely different era than the ArmA campaign, which plays in the actual time.

I want a complete OFP in ArmA.

If CWR is not going to be "a clone" of OFP (like it is meant to be), the name of the mod would be invalid too, because Cold War did not have the actual hardware...

I also read the other last posts about the release date of the mod. And I understand and support it, that no release date is set until it is clear, when the mod can be released.

But I would like to ask another question:

Is it possible to give a approx. status in % of how much of the work has been done so far? I assume that you have a general view over the project and know how much is completed.

Btw: Wasn't there a page at the Wiki with a status how many MB and files were worked on so far? I didn't find it but maybe you could refresh it again...

Thanks.

is the CWR team still recruiting? I might be intresting in helping, i have vacation now, so i have lots of time the next 2 months.

If Yes, were can i sign up?

Greetz

What kind of help can you offer?

Can we expect a release with Arma1 already or will it be something like a big surprise - playing OFP in the ARMA2 Engine yay.gifyay.gif

That would be even more awesome... i for my case would gladly wait for CWR with Arma2

Keep up the good work

Regards, Christian

mr.g-c

We really can't tell at the moment if we can release the 1.0 version before or after the release of ArmA2.

It depends a lot on how fast we can finish the required models, islands and the missions/campaign.

We are currently low on people at certain areas and hiring new ones when needed. I am currently pretty busy with work and stuff so talking with targeted people and converting the missions is  slowed down too these days.

The-Tim

Send me a PM with what help you can offer, preferably with an example of what you have done before.

undeceived

We most probably will release a complete package as it was intented rather then small single addons.

It's hard to tell a percentage status of what has been done, because some models are made by people outside CWR which just donate us the models. I have only a list of who is working on what but I leave the people alone and doing their work rather then bothering them with status requests. smile_o.gif

Special Ed

I understand that you (and the others) want a release as fast as possible. We too want that but we prefer high quality and bugfree work over a rushed release.

Releasing single addons rather then a complete package ain't that easy because we have one big config for CWR and smaller ones for a group of addons, like CWR_wheeled for all wheeled vehicles. Splitting them up and make single configs for everything would require a lot of work.

Quote[/b] ]Personally, I would focus the most on transferring over the campaign itself, heck, even just using the standard Arma vehicles and weapons at first - then, dependant on time move to making further addons for it.

Would you like the wonderful OFP campaign with the ArmA civilians or the civilian trucks? Would you like a Kamov rather then an Hind?

Besides this, in the campaign are so many small addons used which are not even available in ArmA, chairs, a telephone and other minor things. These addons are required in order to make the campaign look like it was back in 2001.

Then there are missing animations which are not present. Missing fonts and a million of other small things. While one deals with these problems, others can make the missing addons.

No, we will release the CWR mod as a whole like said above. Maybe we change the plan a bit and release CWR as like the OFP Gold Edition was with Resistance included rather then making two releases. But we have made no final decision about this.

If we can make it prior to the ArmA2 release then fine. If not then we atleast save us the extra work to make the mod ArmA2 compatible. smile_o.gif

Please note:

Thanks for all the recent offers to help but we don't need any more people working on mission related stuff at the moment.

Special Ed

I understand that you (and the others) want a release as fast as possible. We too want that but we prefer high quality and bugfree work over a rushed release.

Releasing single addons rather then a complete package ain't that easy because we have one big config for CWR and smaller ones for a group of addons, like CWR_wheeled for all wheeled vehicles. Splitting them up and make single configs for everything would require a lot of work.

Quote[/b] ]Personally, I would focus the most on transferring over the campaign itself, heck, even just using the standard Arma vehicles and weapons at first - then, dependant on time move to making further addons for it.

Would you like the wonderful OFP campaign with the ArmA civilians or the civilian trucks? Would you like a Kamov rather then an Hind?

Besides this, in the campaign are so many small addons used which are not even available in ArmA, chairs, a telephone and other minor things. These addons are required in order to make the campaign look like it was back in 2001.

Then there are missing animations which are not present. Missing fonts and a million of other small things. While one deals with these problems, others can make the missing addons.

No, we will release the CWR mod as a whole like said above. Maybe we change the plan a bit and release CWR as like the OFP Gold Edition was with Resistance included rather then making two releases. But we have made no final decision about this.

If we can make it prior to the ArmA2 release then fine. If not then we atleast save us the extra work to make the mod ArmA2 compatible. smile_o.gif

Please note:

Thanks for all the recent offers to help but we don't need any more people working on mission related stuff at the moment.

My apologies

I did not meant to come across like I desired to see this released "as fast as possible', being a modder myself, I understand that any such requests should be taken as 'it will get done when its done' tounge2.gif lol - Unless of course someone is getting paid for this... tounge2.gif

I understand, its just hard to fathom creating all of these addons, but then I also realize you guys have a good sized team there, and of course anything is possible with coordinated efforts smile_o.gif

Ive been stuck on a mission for almost 3 years now, and I know the feeling of people saying 'are we there yet!?' :P

Enjoy the ride, thats my take, and do it up the way you guys feel it should be, that I cant disagree with smile_o.gif

And keep the updates going smile_o.gif Every pic, every text update is something new us forum junkies can enjoy to look at and read smile_o.gif

Thanks for your efforts all

Cheers smile_o.gif

Please note:

My apologies if it has been asked before, but what kind of knowledge could be useful for CWR right now?

My apologies if it has been asked before, but what kind of knowledge could be useful for CWR right now?

Like with every good mod, modellers and texture artists wink_o.gif

We also could need someone who's familiar with animations, as we need a few from good ol' OFP.

cwrbannerwhite.jpg

The Cold War Rearmed (CWR) modification is a collaborative project with BIS and community members to bring the ever popular Cold War Crisis campaign and its content into ArmA. The idea is to rework the original content to take advantage of the enhancements BIS has made to the ArmA engine.

As a second phase, the CWR team also plans to convert the Resistance campaign and previous content to ArmA2.

You missed the first chance to sign up to CWR? Well here's your 2nd chance:

The CWR Mod is looking for skilled people. What we are currently looking for are:

* People familiar with 3D modelling

Your job is to create (or fix exisiting) models so they match or comes close to ArmA quality.

* Texture artists

Your job is to either retexture exisiting models or applying textures to completely new models.

* Animations expert

Your job is to return some of the OFP animations.

You should have experience in above areas. Having some free time at your hand and working with a deadline and maybe under the pressure of time is no problem for you?

Normal maps, UV mapping, Photoshop and Oxygen are familiar terms to you? Then you could be what we are looking for.

Contact me by either PM or email: cwrmod@googlemail.com

We currently don't need Mission designers, scripters or beta testers. smile_o.gif

Why don't you merge or cooperate or share work (textures, models etc...) with Project'85 ?

Just throwing an idea here...

2 xav

CWR making " the big come back of OFP "

P'85 making just cold war addons.

That offer I made a few days back and it was rejected.

Really?

That's surprising and somewhat a pity confused_o.gif

Really?

That's surprising and somewhat a pity  confused_o.gif

mod politics is a dirty thing my friend smile_o.gif

Really?

That's surprising and somewhat a pity  confused_o.gif

heh

offer "give models and you will get credits" is in my opinion not a cooperation but donation

when i was asking about help in few things i never get any results , but i had few times asks like "give this, give that and we will release it"

sory but even if small thing like dammage effect was solved for VIBI by other addonmaker GranQ, he helped me how to do it, eventhought i was offering weapons models for CWR for help in dammages effects fix in VIBI,

XAV - you have no idea what is history of "cooperation" and you don't know other things that happened in the past

mod P85 can be divided to addons, mod structure is open, so addons can be used separatly, why CWR islands cannot be used like that huh.gif

XAV for you it is surprising ? for me not at all, imagine that i will start mod about France army and i will wrote to you "give me some of your not released work, i will release it and it will be better and many people will download it and i will save a lot of my time " - what would be your answe XAV (as you make French army mod)???

you know what was the problem with dammage effect lost on VIBI half year ago ?

i had no "zbytek" in cfg skeletons in sections {zbytek, kolo... otocvez...};

what were advices of CWR "change material=0; in cfg vehicles" <<< was it "help" or was it leading into wrong way specially huh.gif

i can't belive that mod with help of BIS don't know how to make dammage effects, later i get answer, but not from your mod

cooperation is when both sides give something usefull to each other, not "give me this and i will give you credits" when i was asking for help in VIBI or other things, later resolved by GranQ, Q1184 and ModEMaik

if cooperation in previous time was other i could help

but not in the situation when i was asking for few (now i know) simple things without reaction

if P85 mod should offer it's work, why for example CWR members which are BW MOD leaders cannot alow me to use old OFP Leopards huh.gif

"credits" for many months of hard work of P85 members are not enough in my opinion

when i was asking for help offering my models, i was given a wrong way advices, sorry

Sorry VILAS. You are right, I had no idea of history of "cooperation" and what happened in the past.

My apologies. notworthy.gif

And sorry CWR team, I did not wanted to start a controversy or fight. I was just thinking since both mods cover the same era (1985) and have some units in common it would be productive to share "some" work... I was thinking this would benefit both mod as well as the entire community.

That said, let's stop the controversy now.

Thank you. notworthy.gif

okay i stop, it is high time to go sleep in C.E. :]

of course it could be good if 2 mods could be pasted into one mod, but they are making ONLY OFP, not Cold War in general

What I said was "Of course you, your project and the people who did the models would be fully credited in both the readme and credits cutscene."

I never said "give me some of your not released work, i will release it and it will be better and many people will download it and i will save a lot of my time "

Careful with the accusations my friend.

Sure as hell with the model donations from P'85 we would have been able to release CWR much faster. But you are scared about that people won't download your mod when CWR has been released first. That is the original reason why you rejected the offer to cooperate. That and because CWR is focused on OFP and not "cold war in generally". Not being able to use the CWR islands as standalone might be another problem for you.

Like said in my reply, it's all fine we can have competing mods running side by side and reinventing the wheel.

Just like in the good old OFP days where every mod had to have its own M4 while there were hundreds around. In the end most of those mods died because they were doing the same model work a dozen of times instead cooperating and using each others stuff.

Quote[/b] ]"credits" for many months of hard work of P85 members are not enough in my opinion

Correct and my offer was never limited to that. That PM I sent you was to find out if there is a way to cooperate at all. The details could have sorted later.

Instead of saying "What? Credits is all?" you complained about CWR is being too focused on OFP, the islands not being used as standalone and what else.

That was the point where I decided to abort and look for other people willing to help rather then begging on my knees.

Anyway, back to topic now. No need to do dirty laundry here.

Well there seems to have been an error in communication here, how about going back to step zero and trying to find a good middle path where both teams benefit from each other. I'm sure there's a way, as long if there's a will.

This is Fromz from China,

I have made FFAMM sound mod all version, and Chinese Firearms and SF force in alone produced.

I am a professional architect designer, Good at painting and 3D modeling,

Familiar with All ArmA AddOns production processes and elements (except the game engine, haha)

In ArmA, I can do:

1. All things 3d modeling (3dsmax).

http://hi.baidu.com/polorill/album/Pla

2. General UV map and texture (Photoshop, TexView2)

3. Oxygen2PE model setup, texture setup(nohq,smdi), config setup

http://hi.baidu.com/polorill/blog/item/21597e0e3e4f84cc7acbe15a.html

4. Mission editor (Now is batter)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1806

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1805

5. Visitor3 Island creat (My best preference now ), and I have creat a middle Taiwan Island, 12'700 km square. WIP

6. Sound config and sound editor, er, actuality, I am not really professional about this. But I can creat a batter sound.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2220

8. Press graphic design, ArmA in-game or not in game rendering movie clip, Video Post-processing, Web design...

and FFAMM1.3 and FFAMM1.5 demo videos

I have a less time in ArmA, So, I could a little technical, but not sufficient energy to help you make this great project.

So great project that let me can't refrain to join, Many many Chinese players waitting for that!

Best wishes!

Polo Fromz

More info see your PM.

i see you are making me to public answer

you were not the only member of CWR, you wrote to me last time, but members of P85 had some mails long ago

"give me this , give me that , i need this for CWR, but i can't give you my textures cause they are only for CWR, you will get credits " were words of other one of your members

another problem is something for nothing, i get no help in VIBI, in configs in other things that i was offering my work for

i was offering models for fixing VIBI, you forget about it, those who helped later were not CWR members, mega thanx to GranQ for finding missing string in CFG SKELETONS sections

another is people downloads, cause of course public will download 500 MB CWR more than 1.2 GB P85, our beta without island and missions has 1 GB already, you had help from BIS, we were learning all ourselves on our mistakes