Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

@GoOB happy birthday ,i guess this good game is also one of the reasons u should celebrate today ; Cheers and enjoy! thumbs-up.gif

IMO England outplayed the Swedish everywhere but in our own box and I'm disappointed that we didn't come away with the 3 points.

Did you watch the same second half as I did? The majority of the ballkicking was done on Englands part of the pitch tounge2.gif

IMO England outplayed the Swedish everywhere but in our own box and I'm disappointed that we didn't come away with the 3 points.

Did you watch the same second half as I did? The majority of the ballkicking was done on Englands part of the pitch tounge2.gif

2nd half... england outclassed, big time. They perhaps scored on their one and only occasion.

Swedes have hit post twice, Gerrard made a goal line save.

That's FAR from swedes being outplayed tounge2.gif

For once as an English fan I don't need to say "We woz robbed". I think "We stitched them right up" is a more accurate term smile_o.gif.

Well that was confusing.

Brilliant first half from England, played to their true potential. Cole's goal was simply stunning, I'd be surprised if we see a better goal on the rest of the tournament.

Second half was just embarrassing. England probably have the best defence in football - usually - but I've seen school boys defend better against set pieces. Both of Sweden's goals - and the near misses - were gifted by England. Shocking half.

Down to two forwards (and one just out of nappies, that Sven doesn't seem to want to play anyway) isn't promising for the rest of the tournament. Do you think anyone would notice if Defoe went on in Wallcot's shirt?

Second half was just embarrassing. England probably have the best defence in football - usually - but I've seen school boys defend better against set pieces. Both of Sweden's goals - and the near misses - were gifted by England. Shocking half.

Nah, the corner kick is clearly something worked for hours by swedes, Wenger comenting here for french TV immediatly recognised swedes were up to something when he saw swedes placement.

The strange thing is the lack of adaptation by england defense on the corner right after the goal one, exact same thing and still no one covering 1st post swede guy. They waited for the 3rd corner attempt to overrun 1st post, just to see the ball being sent 2nd post, hilarious tounge2.gif Nice thinking by the swede corner kicker smile_o.gif

Rooney (did do nothing ,and he even got angry when he was replaced,dont understand he's behaviour)

Rooney's a born winner, he wants to win and he wants to fight for the cause, he'd play with a broken toe if they let him, reason he was angry is because despite just coming back from a broken toe and lacking match fitness he expects himself to last the 90 minutes, he expects himself to score goals, no matter how fit he is he has high demands for himself, give me 11 players with that mental attitude and I'd have a team that would destroy any team, including Brazil.

give me 11 players with that mental attitude and I'd have a team that would destroy any team, including Brazil.

Isn't that called "Die Mannschaft"? whistle.gif

banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]The fact that they scored at all was our mistake..

That old remark just gotta go...Heard it one too many times.

England were the better team, first half. I give you that.

Sweden have not been able to produce that much yet in this WC.

But believe it or not; It's humans vs humans - no bots, no AI.

If thing's are going bad, chances are the opposing team atleast put a reasonable amount of effort in it. Regardless of nation or ranking.

Watched the Eng-Swe match in cologne as planned..

almost no police visible and the funniest thing, we only met two english fans (on the way back home) during the whole time crazy_o.gif

But the feeling is great, public viewing all the way from now on biggrin_o.gif

Stunner, best goal i've seen so far. Not that my decision will be biased smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

even if you are biased, it was the best goal I saw so far in this tournament! thumbs-up.gif

Seeing England-Sweeden had a remarkable deja-vu feeling(except for the fact in ended out a draw) back to the Romania-England games in World Cup `98 And Euro 2000.Each time England started out good,had the better odds on their side and the better names,but in the second half was out matched by an opposing team that needs 45 minutes to realise Englands weaknesses and speculate on them.

I am really surprised that England is a third favourite at bookies to win the World Cup(then again,ragardless of performances-England has always been a bookies favourite),in my opinion it doesn`t stand a chance to reach the final.I`ll share my thoughts on who will be the winner after Argentina-Netherlands.

I'd reckon it'll be Argentina. England will have a hard game against ecuador.

Argentina will beat Netherlands,and i can see them in the final with Brazil,hmmm England will have hard game with Ecuador->doub that,England will smash them but after that match they have no chance further,Germany vs Sweden-very open game but Germany is stronger and they will pass but dont see them in the final also,although on 3rd place sure. pistols.gif

Argentina will beat Netherlands,and i can see them in the final with Brazil,hmmm England will have hard game with Ecuador->doub that,England will smash them but after that match they have no chance further,Germany vs Sweden-very open game but Germany is stronger and they will pass but dont see them in the final also,although on 3rd place sure. pistols.gif

Ahem...

Germany will play against Argentinia in quarter final, so only one of them will reach next round wink_o.gif

we had some luck today, but without luck there's no champions right? smile_o.gif

3rd victory in a row and only 1 goal against...and 5 key players didnt played today so i guess we'r good enough for the next stage.

FORÇA PORTUGAL!!

So any one putting some stock in that vague Nostradamus prediction which states that Spain will win the 2006 world cup? whistle.gif

Just saw the prediction on ESPN , yet couldnt find it on the web. Anyone know about it?

Argentina will beat Netherlands

wouldn't be so sure about that one. argentina is on fire atm but are they going to risk themselves in a "meaningless" match? I sense a low scoring kickers match maybe even 0 - 0 icon_rolleyes.gif of course I wish both teams will put the best effort in it cos this clash has potential.

Damn, this is a deadly boring game... (Argentinia vs Netherlands)

I fall asleep... goodnight.gif

Yeh, was looking forward to this one since the draw was made. Both sides resting players, rather tedious atm.

so far the realistic price of a ticket for that game should be 20 Euro! Whoever paid more on the black market should have visited the local fishing museum instead, or what about a public poetry reading? both are definetly more exciting!

Argentine vs Netherlands = waste of money!