Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

The situation when Van der Sar was kicked at the head wasn't too nice either, it was Simao afair... Kuyt reached the ball before Ricardo, Simao was too late, Van der Sar already had the ball.

The situation when Van der Sar was kicked at the head wasn't too nice either, it was Simao afair... Kuyt reached the ball before Ricardo, Simao was too late, Van der Sar already had the ball.

As a keeper, you know that the other player will rush into you in this situation, but that's not my point.

In my opinion, Kuyt placed his leg AFTER he recognized he would hit the ball anymore...

But that's my point of view and I'm sure you think otherwise wink_o.gif

Well, in the second stage this Championship is becomming a real farse. I just hope the next day(s) and games will bring something better, otherwise ,,,  goodnight.gif

What a disgrace of a match, chuck that ref out of Fifa.

So much promise, ruined by a crap ref sad_o.gif

Ah well, based on todays performances, Portugal to win 2-0.

This is what you get when you appoint a ref that gives a yellow card for every foul, whatever the nature of the foul. Mister Blatter said that the ref should have gotten a yellow or red card himself. By FIFA's logic, and the fact that the Russian Federation is not present in the tournament, he will probably get to ref the final help.gif

Of course, this is a good opportunity for a ref to gain fame and score a big sponsercontract goodnight.gif

just watched the highlights and am totally lost for words with the ref and general sportsman ship shown in the match...

on a lighter note, portugal are looking very formidable, and with englands current 'form', they'll sweep past us into the semi's

A bit late, but:

conanswedensucks7um.jpg

Luckily I didn't watch the game... I heard it on the radio and switched it off after four minutes.

21 Babel

3 Boulahrouz

8 Cocu

<s>15 De Cler</s>

14 Heitinga

<s>2 Jaliens

12 Kromkamp</s>

7 Kuijt

6 Landzaat

<s>16 Maduro

4 Mathijsen</s>

13 Ooijer

11 Robben

20 Sneijder

23 Stekelenburg

22 Timmer

18 Van Bommel

5 Van Bronckhorst

1 Van der Sar

10 Van der Vaart

<s>9 Van Nistelrooy</s>

17 Van Persie

<s>19 Vennegoor of Hesselink</s>

The Dutch squad and the people that should have stayed at home, to avoid people yelling "are you insane, "Van the Man" rocks my world", he scores alot, but that is about it, he doesn't fit into the kind of play that we want to be playing. When he even stops doing what he does best, scoring, he is completely useless = early vacation band.gif

Holland is just missing pure quality and experience. Good thing that the aim set 2 years ago was Euro 2008, so we wouldn't look like total asses because of what happened yesterday whistle.gif

What does Kuijt that Ruddie doesn't? I'm afraid Rudie may have scored things Kuijt missed. And he (Kuijt) brought zero to defense.

So, I don't really see, if Kuijt "fits in", why Ruud doesn't?

What does Kuijt that Ruddie doesn't? I'm afraid Rudie may have scored things Kuijt missed. And he (Kuijt) brought zero to defense.

So, I don't really see, if Kuijt "fits in", why Ruud doesn't?

Kuijt can control a ball that is played to him, and keep it with him until others can catch up. "Ruud" can't, every ball that is played towards him that is not played horizontally ----- is lost to the other team, as the ball often jumps 1 or more meters away from his feet while he tries to control it.

Robben for example had some excellent examples of how to control a ball that is coming from the other side of the pitch at a high angle. Sure Robben was far from his best ever performance, but at least he did that ok.

Kuijt is a more complete player instead of the pure striker that van Nistelrooij is.

Don't know if anyone can recall him, but our system is best served with a player like Kluivert (ex AFC Ajax, Barcelona and currently Valencia). Needs to have good technique, and needs to be able to score a goal, but more importantly to pave the way for others to score and always be free to receive the ball. Defending is not the task of a striker/targetman anyway, unless your team is planning to have 10 defenders + the goalkeeper.

Van Nistelrooij rarely ventured off his "island" during the first two matches, and only rarely fell back to receive the ball during the 3rd match. That is why he was substituded (along with not scoring more then once of course).

Going to qualifying matching against midget teams like Cyprus and see them being crushed - €50

Hotel to stay while in Germany - several million €'s

Seeing a team being knocked out of the tournament trying to play the famed style of AFC Ajax (4-3-3) with low quality players from AZ, Feyenoord and PSV that have never played in that style before - Priceless rofl.gif

Of course this style was partially abandoned as we were playing the style that we so claim to hate, leaning on defence with fast counters.

Too bad besides not being able to play the 4-3-3 system properly, they are also incapable of solid defense (letting players run unchecked through your own penaltyzone is a Dutch trademark, like the Portuguese goal), nor can they do any effective counters, as Robben is the "I'm going in, Rambo type", van Nistelrooij couldn't even deliver an assist if his life had depended on it, and van Persie was not constant enough, and not decisive enough in his actions.

i gota confess that this was one of the hardest games i saw with my team.last day my prediction was 2-1 for portugal. i wasnt very far, but i could never imagine the game it became...

i have to say that holand REALLY disapointed me in the most basic sense like FAIRPLAY. it all started with the 1milion euros price of "who can knock out cristiano ronaldo?". he got 2 yellow cards from holand left wing,in the first 7minuts of game...the agression he suffered today and that caused him an (unknow so far)injurie isnt for yellow card! so after that beating and some others offered by holand its natural that portuguese nerves start to pop up!

then if u remember the game a holand player went down to the ground and portugal kick the ball out for assistance. then after assistance was done, holand didnt pass the ball to us (most basic fairplay atitude a nation team should have even if losing).

so all the shit that happened after started by a simple lack of fairplay.

congrats to maniche (a medium portuguese player that never stops to surprise me with his instinct shots) and his good goal. same goes to all the team. someone mentioned simao kicking vander sar, but after what holand striker did to ricardo, that was a kind of payback(understandable).

couldnt see england playing, but by your critics it wasnt convincing. 2 years ago i saw the most beautifull soccer match of my life. portugalxengland at euro2004. penalty kick outs with ricard defending beckam shot without gloves, and then he scored himself a penalty kick. shame the dam greeks after tho..

so i really predict another dramatic match between us and england. portugal has 2 players out. costinha isnt a problem because petit will substitute him. now deco isnt replacable, so no idea what scolari will do. and ronaldo status is unknow so far, and that is a big lack to. but they are 22 called players for a reason right? they are all enough good to wear my nation shirt.

so for saturday match i hope to see figo,maniche and probably nuno gomes kicking goals to england net. if we cant win, at least make mourinho's chelsea players score. just would hate to see spice beckam scoring a single goal on us... pistols.gif

good luck all teams and cya next round!

again my predict portugal 2 x england 1

Strange that I thought portugal lacks sportsman ship.

Figo is a dirty bastard who should be kicked off the field instead of Ronaldo. Something maybee England can still do. I hated that moment which started a real drama in the second half. Also the portugese coach should have sad down and STFU! He was also somebody who really deserved getting a yellow card!

Coming all the way over to the dutch coach and yelling at him, must have lost his mind.

We could have won the second half, but thanks to mister I dont know what the hell im doing so Ill draw a yellow we didnt.

Its a shame that a country which upholds football so highly. Has played a dirty lowlife match like they did.

But if anyone is to blaim its FIFA for hiring such an incompetent moron to ref these matches. Its just a utter discrace to the whole of FIFA.

banghead.gif Too bad Figo can still walk...

Strange that I thought portugal lacks sportsman ship.

Figo is a dirty bastard who should be kicked off the field instead of Ronaldo. Something maybee England can still do. I hated that moment which started a real drama in the second half. Also the portugese coach should have sad down and STFU! He was also somebody who really deserved getting a yellow card!

Coming all the way over to the dutch coach and yelling at him, must have lost his mind.

We could have won the second half, but thanks to mister I dont know what the hell im doing so Ill draw a yellow we didnt.

Its a shame that a country which upholds football so highly. Has played a dirty lowlife match like they did.

But if anyone is to blaim its FIFA for hiring such an incompetent moron to ref these matches. Its just a utter discrace to the whole of FIFA.

banghead.gif Too bad Figo can still walk...

Portugal started a straight good match, Netherlands "tactic" to try and win this match was there for all to see, they were so desperate and scared that not only they played "chickenshit" football but were responsible for the disgrace that the match turned into icon_rolleyes.gif .

Other teams must be real happy that they wont have to face such bunch of sore loosers, good ridance i say.

I think the Dutch should be sad not because of being out of the WC but for having their country represented by a bunch of brain dead idiots mad_o.gif .

Figo can walk, dont know how well Ronaldo can...

While it does not always surprise me to see some kids acting like spoiled brats, supposedly grown up adults playing football like that is addnig more disgrace to football.

Too bad teams like Togo were removed, i need to see more pleasant football in this overall boring world cup, not those cheap cheating spoiled idiots that are plaguing the international football that are annoying me.

Who can i sue to get back all those 90 minutes of my time totally wasted in watching nonsense ?

I don't know if it was deliberate tactic of the dutch to punch out Ronaldo or play unfair overall, (even though that act from Boulahrouz was unforgivable), but the Portuguese (especially Figo and that coach) did also influence the match too much by diving, acting unfair and screaming yellow cards out of the ref, which actually gave them... both teams deserve to be disqualified, especially since the match was never played out the fully 90 minutes; after the card spree nobody could play football anymore.

The Portuguese team are a bunch of cheats and divers, they did the same all the way through Euro 2004, such a waste that a team of skillful, talented players have to resort to cheating. I felt no sympathy for Ronaldo crying his way out of the game injured, does he feel sympathy for the crying fans of other teams they cheat to win over? Somehow I think not.

Holland should have won the game, played against 10 men for a large part of it, they knew early on the ref would give yellows for farting and also making strange decisions so they should have adapted accordingly.

Hopefully we'll sort them out next Saturday, I still want revenge from Euro 2004, we lost on penalties but they cheated their way through that match, Figo and Ronaldo as usual the two worst, at one point Ronaldo mistimed his dive so much he dived when he was completely alone, not a single England player near him, he looked somewhat embarrassed, unsurprisingly.

Jeez holland unfair? Look at what that player did to Van Der Sar he just put his foot into his face while he got the ball.. not to mention some good acting and screaming for cards. Hope they don't even make next match.

Quote[/b] ]Too bad teams like Togo were removed, i need to see more pleasant football in this overall boring world cup, not those cheap cheating spoiled idiots that are plaguing the international football that are annoying me.

Ghana's match may be worth a watch, then. Only saw the Ghan / CZ one, but I like how they play, very pleasant.

If Brazil is in good form (and with Juninho on the field, ofc wink_o.gif ), coudl be a very nice match. Powerfull midfield vs fast&tricky offense tounge2.gif

Damn, now I don't know who to cheer for in the Portugal-England match. It would be an embarrassment for the quality of the tournament to have this English team in the semi-finals, but I hope the great actors of Portugal get send home as soon as possible too. Well, let's just hope Brazil or Spain send whoever survives home. confused_o.gif

What a disgrace of a match, chuck that ref out of Fifa.

So much promise, ruined by a crap ref sad_o.gif

Ah well, based on todays performances, Portugal to win 2-0.

you are blaming the ref for the ruined match? Holy Moly thats funny cause I didnt see the ref fouling, head butting and diving...

No, both teams are to blame. The ref was trying to be consistent and the players had enough time to adapt to it. How stupid has a player to be not to see that this wasnt leading nowhere.

To blame the ref is, as always, the cheapest solution! Colina would have behaved in the same way and even handed out more yellow and red cards! Both teams totally screwed their reputation world wide.

Figo's appearance against england is still hanging by a thread, assuming FIFA will investigate his headbut on the dutch player... could mean a very weakened portugal team vs england - deservadly so after their awful excuse for football (refering to the diving, the acting, the tap to the face that makes a player fall down for 5 minutes screaming)

i still remember the 2004 match against portugal, as placebo said - one long game of diving, over reacting show boating... at least it was an incredible match though - extra time had be so tense it was unbelievable, especially when portugal scored, and then lampard equalized - great stuff... shame about the penalties (as always)