Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Goal of the tournament so far from Cole, cracking shot.

Pretty good performance by England so far, I thought first 20-25 mins was pretty even but we outplayed Sweden towards the end of the first half. Hargreaves is playing well, did I hear England fans chanting his name at the start of the game? Nice to hear if so.

IMO Lampard should be replaced at half time for Lennon with Lennon taking Beckham's position and Beckham moving to the centre, other than shooting whenever he's remotely close to the goal (and one good moment of closing down right towards the end of the 1st half) Lampard's done nothing of note. Cole is completely owning the left side, Lennon on the right would really help ease us through to a nice 9 points from 3 games.

Stunner, best goal i've seen so far. Not that my decision will be biased smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

Nice goal but im sure he didnt mean to,he kicked the ball and it was pure luck,even he was surprised.

Very good game of England until now and best goal I've seen so far smile_o.gif

Bleh, pathetic game from Sweden so far. We're basically screwed without Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Henke Larsson is the only player in the team that seems to have some balls. mad_o.gif

Although I would really enjoy England losing (always fun as the English take their football a bit too seriously), but honestly they are playing a far better and more elegant game.

Sweden really needs to get its shit together the next half or the result will be far worse than 1-0.

Stunner, best goal i've seen so far. Not that my decision will be biased smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

Nice goal but im sure he didnt mean to,he kicked the ball and it was pure luck,even he was surprised.

Every time an attacking player shoots on goal he means to score, so of course he meant it, if a Croatian player scored that goal would you say "pure luck"? Methinks not wink_o.gif

Every time an attacking player shoots on goal he means to score, so of course he meant it, if a Croatian player scored that goal would you say "pure luck"? Methinks not wink_o.gif

Just pure luck, bloody english basterds!

No just kidding.. Loved the goal even though they are british!

One little thing, Holland will win the wordcups, everybody knows that... *cough*

Yeah u are right, it doesnt metter if it was luck or not ,its important that u win, but nobody and even  Eriksson thought that  he'd scored.

But nice goal, and to England 'break the leg'

Joking nener.gif

Bleh, pathetic game from Sweden so far. We're basically screwed without Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Have you seen him play the other games? He hasn't played good at all. I'd rather have another player giving his all on the pitch, not Zlatan underperforming. He is good otherwise though, just not this time around it seems.

Anyways - After the first half I'm almost rooting for the only Swede who I feel have a chance of winning this game. Sven, Sven Göran Eriksson.

EDIT: Kickass goal by Joe Cole, bloody fantastic.

EDIT2: w00t, 1-1 Allbäck = <3

Yesss, its payback time, i can see draw or victory for sweden,and goOB where's your optimism,even we in croatia believe you gona win.... pistols.gif

And dont criticise Ibrahimovic,because he's half croat and we can never be angry on ours players!pistols.gif

Joking,yes he's not in good shape i agree with u .

i am asbsolutely dreading the last ten mins, we gonna sit back and absorb, its gonna be real bad.:(. (if its still 1-1).

Quote[/b] ]IMO Lampard should be replaced at half time for Lennon with Lennon taking Beckham's position and Beckham moving to the centre,

good call would have like to have seen that too. but not gonna happen, it makes to much sense.

altho lol maybe gerrard on > he might head a goal?

lol joke. Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great second half smile_o.gif Sweden really improved its game.

I'll grant that the English goals were better, but we did play well in the second half.

Quote[/b] ] I'd rather have another player giving his all on the pitch, not Zlatan underperforming. He is good otherwise though, just not this time around it seems.

Indeed he hasn't been performing well recently. But he seldom suffers from what the rest of the players did during the first half: acute timidness. It's a psychological thing.

That last goal had me pissing myself with laughter.

Ideal result for me, i predicted 2-2, and England still win the group. Perfect.

What the hell was that second half from England? I can't believe the collapse, shocking, abysmal performance, Sweden should have been 3-1 up by 60 minutes, first half we defend really well, second half we can't even defend a corner? The most basic fundamental thing you learn to defend? Crazy. I've seen England play bad before but not almost dominate one half then be completely dominated the second, Shocking.

Dam it, we should have won! Now we have to face germany next match, omg.

Still though; GO SWEDEN! yay.gif

Shouldn't have let in either of those Goal. The local under 12 team who play near me are better against set-pieces. What the hell was Sol Campbell doing on the 2nd goal? It bounced about 3 times before it reached him and it still flew over that incompetant head of his. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Joe Cole was superb, didn't get as much of the ball in the 2nd half but definatly MOM.

England was lucky to get a draw there. Sweden was so much better out there in general.

And dont criticise Ibrahimovic,because he's half croat and we can never be angry on ours players!pistols.gif

I love Zlatan, I think he's the best thing to come out of Sweden, and indeed Croatia, since dynamite (slight exaggeration). I dearly hope he will be back in tiptop shape for the game against Germany, althought it's not likely confused_o.gif

A good game with a right fair result all in all. I was pissed with Sweden in the first half, but in the second half they played really well... But I agree with Placebo, England lost some "punch" both in the defensive and the offensive side in the second half. Now for us to face Germany, yay....

I love Larsson by the way, the pure energy after that second goal... I just want to squeeze him. Can't wait to see him play live against "my" club later this year biggrin_o.gif

Reason why England didnt win is in Rooney (did do nothing ,and he even got angry when he was replaced,dont understand he's behaviour)  and in weak Beckham (he's just make up to the team) .Hargreaves should come to place of Beckham.  

And Sweden deserves whole 3 points.

Nice birthday gift to Lampard. nener.gif

But I agree with Placebo, England lost some "punch" both in the defensive and the offensive side in the second half.

Lost some punch? That's being kind. We completely collapsed, I'm glad we didn't somehow sneak a win, that way they might think "well we won, we did ok", you didn't do ok, you should have lost.

Reason why England didnt win is in Rooney (did do nothing ,and he even got angry when he was replaced,dont understand he's behaviour)

Fella's still recovering from his broken foot. Before the tournament we didn't even expect to have him playing by this stage. The very fact that we were considering it had Man. Utd. *cough*scum*cough* up in arms.

His fitness is probably way down so no wonder he's not performing amazingly. Give the lad a break. biggrin_o.gif He may have been angry at the fact that he can't play as well as he'd like to, rather than because he was subbed.

Hargreaves played alright the first half I though but should he bollocks take Beckham's place.

Like the rest of the England camp here have said, our performance in the second half was a collapse. I don't think the Swedes outclassed us on their own merit at any point so I don't think they deserved a win. The fact that they scored at all was our mistake.

Very scrappy goals by Sweden...

IMO England outplayed the Swedish everywhere but in our own box and I'm disappointed that we didn't come away with the 3 points.