Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

I am more relieved for the Australian keeper more than anything, if Australia didn't level bahaha I can't imagine how he would have felt.

Croatia, as has been the case in recent years, is always very promising: the skill is there, but coupled with a lousy mindset. They only bother to play when they lag behind. Given the quality of the team, they should have easily beaten Japan and Australia, but they screwed it up.

What the Aussies lack in skill on the other hand, they make up in enthusiasm and energy. And frankly, that's a far more likable quality.

I really did want Croatia to advance but ultimately the Aussies deserved it more and Brazil and Australia advancing is fair.

Actually, I think the victory was well deserved. Australia has a decent team, maybe a but too tough. The keeper was really poor though. But most of all, they have the magic maker Hiddink (will he reach the semi-final for the third time in a row with 3 different teams?).

The ref on the other hand lost total control of the match, what a horrible performance of that man. He missed 2 hands balls in the box, gave 3 yellow cards to one person and gave the fouls to the wrong side time after time...

Yep.. Hiddink all the way! smile_o.gif

He really made the Australian team well skilled. I have much respect for Hiddink and the Australian team. The Aussie's were indeed very tough, they have the strength of a Rugby team combined with sharp football skills. Rarely I saw a tackled Aussie whining, rolling and yelling for pain. He just stands up and continues playing the match.

For that I even have more sympathy for the Aussie's.

I found the Kroatians very unsporty during the match.

That referee is a disaster.. however it made the match quite hilarious. rofl.gif

<span id='ME'><center>ozanzac starts playing Yello's 'Oh Yeah!'</center></span>

Ha ha ha, just got home from a big morning of celebrations!

Hiddnik should have chosen Schwarzer for goal, and Poll, certainly did not have his best game as a ref...

Three yellow cards for one player, what a joke.... what's the point of the earpieces if the fourth official isn't scrutenising the game enough to pick up, such a blatant mistake!

However, a Superb result for a country, of 20 million, where two other games, dominate the winter sporting scene.

Italy..... your next!

Time for some sleep. goodnight.gif

Guest _Aragon_
That referee is a disaster.. however it made the match quite hilarious. rofl.gif

Argh the torment that Referee put me through!

The Croatian team were amazing straight off the bat, I thought Australia might concede more then the one goal in the first few minutes. But they did taper off and their original speed, which eventually only came in short bursts later in the game.

Why wasn’t Schwarzer in goals? I heard that he might be injured atm?

Possessions and shots at goals were dominated by the Aussies, and it seems we mostly played in their half. I’m relieved that it was a draw. Continuing our good run in our first World Cup since 74.

HAHA Australia ya bloody beuty. wink_o.gif Lets Dance yay.gifyay.gif

Damn, can't we just pick a third team from poule C or E and let only Spain proceed from poule H? The others do not deserve to proceed any further with what they are showing today...

Switzerland - South-Korea sucked. Bad referee, the second goal shouldn't have counted, which totally ruined the game mad_o.gif

Can't say I was very charmed of the French team either....

The referee in that France-Togo match wasn't much better biggrin_o.gif

The referee in that France-Togo match wasn't much better biggrin_o.gif

US - Ghana referee was lousy, todays were bad, but the Croatia - Australia was the worst. How can they let these people judge a game crazy_o.gif

Yeh, I'm sure if Mr. Poll was making decisions against the english he'd soon have his address printed by the Sun so everyone can send him death threats as is the tradition now.

Thank you France and swiss getting through, some much needed points.

Not the match of the year for the french team , as they made a lot of mistakes, but for the 1st time in +/- a year of this team macthes it was a pleasant one to watch for me.

Overall, i am satisfied from what i saw, but i hope France will continue to play like this , "wanting to win" instead of "wanting to not lose" like it was unfortunately the case before.

But they must improve a lot in some sectors of the game if they want to continue to play more turns in this world cup, they made too many mistakes.

What impressed me the most is the fairplay of the Togo players, i have not seen them "cheating" like most of the other countries have done so far with their "comedians".

And i have not noticed any real intentional fault destined to hurt a player instead of playing the game, unlike what i saw in the other matches in which too many players were taking advantage of the lack of vision from the referees that are incredibly weak in this world cup.

The Togo goalkeeper was awesome and for me was the best player of the match , as if it was not for him, France would have easily scored at least 6 goals instead of the 2 in the whole game.

The first 15, 20 minutes of the French match were really interesting, lots of shots etc. smile_o.gif

But where's Zidane been? Why didn't he play?

He was suspended for picking up 2 yellows in the previous games. He'll be back in the next game.

Not the match of the year for the french team , as they made a lot of mistakes, but for the 1st time in +/- a year of this team macthes it was a pleasant one to watch for me.

Overall, i am satisfied from what i saw, but i hope France will continue to play like this , "wanting to win" instead of "wanting to not lose" like it was unfortunately the case before.

But they must improve a lot in some sectors of the game if they want to continue to play more turns in this world cup, they made too many mistakes.

What impressed me the most is the fairplay of the Togo players, i have not seen them "cheating" like most of the other countries have done so far with their "comedians".

And i have not noticed any real intentional fault destined to hurt a player instead of playing the game, unlike what i saw in the other matches in which too many players were taking advantage of the lack of vision from the referees that are incredibly weak in this world cup.

The Togo goalkeeper was awesome and for me was the best player of the match , as if it was not for him, France would have easily scored at least 6 goals instead of the 2 in the whole game.

Well said Sanctu, but to be honestly, i haven't seen that

from the french team either - in any game wink_o.gif

Well plaid french - about the mistakes - it must be clear

that if you are playing against a 2:0 must result that you

have a ghost in your head waiting to let you make mistakes

followed by mistakes.

~S~ CD

Well said Sanctu, but to be honestly, i haven't seen that

from the french team either - in any game wink_o.gif

That's exactly why i mentionned only the Togo near the word fairplay smile_o.gif

hmm - seems u misunderstood me Sanctu smile_o.gif

I meant that i haven't seen the french cheating or trying

to get a decision for them by simulating.

~S~ CD

Where was that yellow card for just yet :/ such big smile on referee and german player with shoulder pat LOL. yay.gif

.....waht a sad game from Sweden.

1st half was disaster ,and Ljungberg was invisible

2nd half -wow ,what a miss from Larsson.....

......i was sure that this gonna be very tight game but .... confused_o.gif

2nd half is very weak of Germany and good swedish defence!

And the swedish keeper is really good!

EDIT

Deserved victory for GERMANY notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifbiggrin_o.gif

And the swedish keeper is really good!

Yeah, but that's basically it. sad_o.gif

Congrats to Germany, you deserved the win.

2nd yellow for Lucic was a joke IMO.

Very disappointing match.

Yep. confused_o.gif

@BergHoff: The laugh of the referee was quite repugnant, especially as the second yellow card was... rather hard.

If Larsson had scored it would have been interesting again, but so it was a deserved and quite boring win.

Hopefully the Argentina match is gonna be better or tomorrow's NL vs Portugal! smile_o.gif